Posts by Nabeel

Request 1, I think I may look into an option (on the right click menu) to apply certain one-time changes to all of selection or something.

Request 2 is actually difficult due to the library I'm using, and this is because essentially you're not editing a rectangle but a polygon on a geospatial plane. A rectangle isn't valid geoJSON either (I do a lot of conversion when loading data and when saving data to ensure it adheres to the AFS2 format). Anyways It is possible but I'd need to re-write the edit code for editing polygon on the library I use (maptalks) which might be a bit more complicated.

I know there's quite a bit of stuff I want to do, I've only got to work on it the first few weeks on January. Unfortunately I did start a new job and with the amount of commute currently I'm finding it hard to have time to work on this, spend time with the family, etc.

Anyhows, I'll see what I can do this weekend (and I realise I've said this about every other weekend now!)

Is it possible to change the build height (floors) of several buildings all at once? I tried to Ctrl-click on several buildings and then right-click to edit them but no luck. Even if I Ctrl-mouse to box-select several buildings, the right-click options are only duplicate or delete - I'm guessing group edit is not possible with the current version, correct?

Yeah it should be, see original post. It's limited from 1 to 5 floors via NUM1 to 5 (though if you don't have a numpad then it may not be possible without simulating the key).

Hotkeys:

• Numpad 1 to 5 can be used to change floors on the selection area if they contain buildings

No reason really, you could technically

Nabeel, any chance the max number of trees for an area can be increased beyond 2500, or is this limited for a particular reason?

I can increase it when I do the next update, but for now on Chrome (and other browsers) you should be able to right-click (or CTRL+SHIFT+C as the map overrides the right click) and hit inspect on the slider and change the number from 2500 to anything you want (I've attached a screenshot showing this). That number will persist until you reload the page.

Nabeel, do you think it would be possible to place a custom object with your scenery editor? That is if we have a tmb file for that object that we could select it to be placed in a location instead of a cultivation building? At the moment I need to use model converter X to assign a geolocation to an object which is a little annoying if you have to place multiple instances of a certain model.

Thanks, Fabian

We can place custom objects, but the biggest issue as far as I recall is knowing their dimensions. I can easily allow you to place a "custom object marker" somewhere and you will have to specify its object name (so it uses the correct one), but that's about it. We can't infer its dimensions since these files can't be read. The way xref would work is because I'd know their dimensions in advance and they'd be pulled in from some mapping (similarly an object can work if you provide its exact dimensions). I think you also have the potential issue of different rotation on an object, I haven't really looked too much into it as I've swapped jobs mid Feb and have been generally more busy with the first few weeks.

I'll make an effort to get this up on a github repo next weekend, it's plain javascript "hacked" together with a few libraries anyhow, people should be able to contribute if they wish to! Most of the remaining work with xref has already been done in some form in the current editor.

You should be able to do this yourself quite easily with some trial and error, simply make a backup of the .txt file, then in your original txt remove all entries except for 1 (per type), cycle through until you find the desired texture and only use that single entry.

If you send me a PM of the buildings textures folder I can have a look at this after work today for you.

Yes, that's the behavior of cultivation. Essentially when you create the "same" type of building it will randomly take one of the buildings in your building_textures folder. You can force it to use the same model by editing building_textures\building_textures.txt and ensuring only one entry exists per unique texture type.

I think for more customisation or forcing a specific texture to be used we have to ask IPACS to build this functionality in the configuration files.

Unfortunately this may take longer than I anticipated, I got stuck into other work-related shenanigans and have not had the time to look at this yet for XREF objects. I still need to publish to GitHub as well so it can be open-source so people can contribute if they wish to, though that's pending some refactoring here and there.

Hey, developers out there, Is there a possible way to add a multiplayer, because infinite flight and x-plane have these features and thus would make aerofly a much better simulator.

Imagine being able to sit in VR and see a co-pilot (with their hand movements) and you both operate the plane! Having said that I'd imagine MP probably would take a significant chunk of time to get implemented.

Thanks all.

Wünsch - thanks I'll give that a try

TomB - I was planning to do that but the cultivation files are too large to load - so my idea was to exclude some areas I wanted to edit and then generate those smaller areas for editing in Scenery Editor - rectangles would make this easier

TomSimMuc - again thanks for the suggestion - but I couldn't find an easy way to draw precise rectangles in GE - ie I'd like to generate a large toc file with missing rectangles and then generate those rectangles for editing in Scenery Editor - ideally using as few steps / applications as possible. Hence if it could be done in the scenProc script that'd be great.

Unfortunately the scenery editor has limitations with a web browser (about 250 MB is the max file size it will accept, higher than that and it won't load anything). I think if I ever port this to something like Electron then it would be able to run as a desktop app (embedded chromium) but will be able to handle any file size and have no limitations on memory and so on.

This would be interesting indeed having a replay in VR, I think the current replay system needs to be a separate menu option potentially (think of being able to store/save your replays somewhere or in a folder and then watch them whenever), I'm not sure how much space the current ones consume but I guess it's done in memory right now. This could then open interesting things such as being able to view in 2D and in VR regardless of how you fly, with VR mode simply putting you in the cockpit (or whatever your view is) to look around.

Coming along well Nabeel.

Thanks again!

Now if I could just figure out how to get trees/shrubs to show up on Liberty Island. When I plant them, nothing appears. However, if I put some in the water or other land areas, they show up.

Odd that they don't show, I suppose it might be related with the altitude in game perhaps? As long as they are recorded in the .toc file that's about all the editor can do. You could for testing purposes plant a lot of trees in a huge square/rectangle and see where it finally cuts off.

I'm agrea, it will be very usefull.

Thanks again Nabeel !

Yeah, this is possible. It's called "elevation" in the properties and can be applied to buildings, plants and lights. They are set to 0 for buildings and plants, and 6 for lights.

The elevation property is what replaces your third argument on the vector3_float64 position in the .toc file.

You could select them and delete them in the editor, hold down CTRL + left mouse, make a selection over the trees and then hit Backspace or right click delete.

If you're worried about accidentally touching other objects (such as buildings or lights), you can disable all the layers from the top right except for plants, this will ensure that you're only working with plants (so selection deleting won't affect anything that isn't visible).

I've done some quick last minute changes before the weekend ends:

• TOC parser won't fail on commented or invalid lines anymore
    • Hidden layers won't be saved (you'll get a message for this to indicate which won't be saved)
    • Lights are bigger now when zoomed out
    • Place multiple lights along your given line.
    • Elevation can be modified using the default properties or per-object property
    • Numpad 1 to 5 can be used to change floors on the selection area if they contain buildings

I've tried to keep the initial post as up to date as possible with all the information that you will need to know.

trying to do elevation conversion but it goes for 12 hrs the stops at 99.993% giving this error in the tm.log

357.09-tmimage: loading png 'n:/geodata/schweiz/input-heightmaps/tree_map.png' = ERROR: (loading png 'n:/geodata/schweiz/input-heightmaps/tree_map.png'= open failed)

ERROR: (loading png 'n:/geodata/schweiz/input-heightmaps/tree_map.png'= open failed)

any help would be appreciated

I think you are probably referring to something else (GeoConverter?) or posted in the wrong thread.

I don't understand how to use this feature (how to place the boundary box).

Does anyone have a simple explanation?

Basically you need to enter the coordinates of your top left corner coordinates followed with the coordinates for the bottom right corner.

You enter them comma separated, so if your top left is lng -0.15 lat 52.5 and your bottom right is lng -0.1 lat 52 then you enter -0.15, 52.5, -0.1, 52

You should see a blue rectangle around those coordinates then in the map. This is only for people that need a visual reference of an artificial boundary they want to contain their cultivation in.

I've updated it with the option to create multiple plants, the hotkey for this is R, there's a slider to adjust how many after you activate the draw icon. To use the new drawing tool you simple click the boundaries of the area you want to draw it in, it will respect your given boundaries and ensure the plants are inside it.

The draw tool will only draw the type of plant that you have selected, I will add a function in the future update which allows you to assign weights to plants and it will generate a mix of them (i.e. conifer 0.5, shrub, 0.1, palm 0.2, broadleaf 0.2). Right now you can just draw the one you want, then draw again on the same space with the other type.

Also this will be the last update till the end of January as I'll be very busy with little time. The next area I'll be looking at is XREF items which will likely take some time to get it right.

Google most likely uses photogrammetry to create 3D models out of 2D photos, the result you see currently isn't far off what you can expect with AFS2. You are missing ground textures (aerial/satellite photos), which can be achieved using AeroScenery. The placements are all reliant on OSM data unfortunately, you could use the editor I made to fix them up but it's a lot of work regardless for a large area.

If you do want to go beyond you will need to look into using custom scenery objects rather than cultivation, this allows you to create your own 3D models (and better represent your scenery). Though this requires you to know how to use 3D software.

Once I add the XREF category you should be able to work with any xref type, the only problem I can see is that these won't show up properly in the editor, it'll be a rectangle showing the bounding box of the XREF rather than the actual format (a complex polygon or such in the case of houses with different shapes).

Yeah I have a plan to add XREF, runways, parking positions, helipads, static aircrafts and such but that'll take a while to implement, the main reason being that all these don't rely on the TOC file but the TSC file and it's in a different format along with some other properties and so on. Right now the editor is primarily aimed towards cultivation only (TOC). The parser I wrote can handle any AFS2 format so that shouldn't generally be an issue anyhow.

I need to do a bit thinking on how that would integrate (i.e. you have to open the TSC and the TOC file and how that plays out). It'll probably take two weeks as I won't get much time to work on this for the next few weeks.