Posts by ApfelFlieger

What I find unfortunate is that when you first click on NETWORKING you only see "I agree" / "Decline" and when "I agree" is selected, then when you click on "Networking" again you see "Date streaming" with "off" / "on".

I think it is better to see this on one screen at once.

I was offline for one day -- and already there are big changes. :D For me the update went within a few seconds. :thumbup: :)

I have just noticed with me with the MacBookPro that FS 4beta WITHOUT STEAM always works exactly as I left this WITH STEAM:

• So if I leave FS 4beta WITH STEAM in network online mode, then FS 4beta WITHOUT STEAM is also in network online mode -- only the Networking button is missing.

Unfortunately, the list is still an open point that I must finally tackle.😩

But in the last few weeks I have been much more interested in how the AirportCreationTool and the TAP files can be used to transfer airfields that already exist for FS2 to FS4. :/ My grandson has written software that feeds the TAP files for FS4 with the data from the TSC and TOC files for FS2. :)

This makes it quite easy to provide FS2 airfields from FSCloudPort for FS4, for example:

Step 1: download FS2 airfields from FSCloudPort (ZIP files) and unzip them

Step 2: create TAP files from this data

Step 3: create FS4 airfields from the TAP files

I have tried this out for Norway:

• Step 1:
      81 of the 120 Norwegian airfields in FSCloudPort are not included in FS4. It took 30 minutes to synchronise, download and unzip these 81 airfields (146.6 MB).
    • Step 2:
      The TAP files (0.6 MB) were then created within a few seconds.
    • Step 3:
      81 airfields for FS4 (2.4 MB) were also created within a few seconds.

And you were ready to fly.

After step 3, the airfields in FS4 have the standard of FS2 and should still be optically reprocessed: 8)

• The surfaces of the runways have an identical default value for all airfields.
      => The appearance of the runways must still be individualised.
    • The individual buildings appear in addition to the buildings supplied in FS4.
      => Under the individual buildings tarmacs have to be added to hide the standard buildings.
    • The towers are aligned in the direction of 90°.
      => The alignments still have to be individualised.
    • The parkin positions are maximised by the dimensions.
      => The dimensions still have to be individualised.
    • In general, of course, the additional design options in FS4 are missing, which also have to be customised:
      - tarmacs
      - lines.

To do this comfortably, the TAP files from step 2 still have to be uploaded into the AirportCreationTool. In my test, this took another 10 minutes.😓

All in all, airfields can now be converted from FS2 to FS4 on a larger scale.😄

Moin,

die tap-Datei (z.B. EDLM.tap) ist die Master-Datei, aus der dann die 4 Betriebsdateien tmb, toc, tsc und wad erzeugt werden. Ich habe mir angewöhnt, die tap-Datei möglichst immer hinzuzufügen, weil in dieser mit einem Tex-Editor nachgeschaut werden kann, was die Betriebsdateien enthalten. Da das Kompilierungsprogramm öffentlich ist, lässt sich so auch jederzeit etwas anpassen, ohne das AirportCreationTool zu verwenden.

Abgespeichert habe ich bei mir auf dem Mac beim FS4 die Airport-Dateien analog zum FS2. Im Prinzip sollte sich der FS2-Pfad also kopieren lassen und aus „fs2“ muss halt „fs4“ gemacht werden.

Edit:

• FS2: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/scenery/airports
    • FS4: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/scenery/airports

Status of the project "Import of FS2-FSCloudPort airfields into the AirportCreationTool for FS4":

The software is quite well advanced, only the import of the runway data is still missing. All other data like "general information", "parking_positions", "helipads" and "xrefs" are already transferred. When everything is ready, I will also write a short manual.

=> This alone will at least significantly increase the number of available airfields in the near future.

The automatic transfer of the tsc and toc files of an FS2 airfield into a tap file of an FS4 airfield can also be reversed to a limited extent, but with the restrictions that then the runwy objects and possibly some xref objects are still missing in FS2.

I have decided for this procedure:

- I create new airfields that do not yet exist in FSCloudPort only in the AirportCreationTool for FS4, because I think this is forward-looking.

- I transfer already in FSCloudPort existing airfields into the AirportCreation Tool and adapt them there if necessary.

With my grandson I am developing a small software to import airfields created in FSCloudPort for FS2 into AirportCreationTool for FS4.

Therefore it offers itself

- first create an airfield in FSCloudPort for FS2

- and then import it into AirportCreationTool and add there for FS4 what is not feasible in FSCloudPort (mainly tarmacs and lines as well as further details about parking positions, helipads and runways).

Whereby the biggest difficulty with FS2 objects in FS4 is that these FS objects are displayed but cannot be rotated😩. Already suitably oriented objects in connection with airfields can be displayed.😒

Unfortunately, at the moment I do not know of any possibility to take over large cultivations outside of airfields, such as the Hawaii project or the Apollo project, well from FS2 for FS4.

Ich habe gerade mal getestet, wie groß der Aufwand ist, EDLB aus FSCloudPort mit Hilfe des AirportCreationTool (ACT) für FS4 aufzubereiten: ich habe eine knappe Stunde dafür benötigt. Die wesentlichen Schritte sind:

1. Im ACT den Flugplatz mit den Grenzen und der Start-/Landebahn anlegen und die EDLB.tap exportieren.
    2. Von der EDLB.toc aus FSCloudPort die xref-Elemente kopieren und in die EDLB.tap einfügen.
      (Anmerkung: FSCloudPort legt seit längerem nur noch xref-Elemente an, die sich mit etwas Aufwand gut übernehmen lassen. Die Objekt-Elemente aus früheren Zeiten lassen sich leider nicht ohne größeren Aufwand übertragen).
    3. Die aus EDLB.toc übernommenen xref-Elemente müssen in der EDLB.tap nun angepasst werden:
      - die Namen der Elemente müssen auf Kleinbuchstaben geändert werden
      - die Code-Zeilen für die Position sind eine reine Text-Änderung
      - die Code-Zeilen für die Richtung im Raum sind sowohl eine Text-Änderung als auch eine Umrechnung von Orientierung in Richtung (dies mache ich mit einer kleinen Tabelle)
    4. Nun ist die geänderte EDLB.tap bereit für den Import in ACT:
      - im ACT den Flugplatz löschen
      - die EDLB.tap in ACT importieren (Fehler-Meldungen zeigen, wenn es noch Großbuchstaben bei den xref-Elementen gibt
    5. Im ACT unter jedes Gebäude eine Fläche einfügen, um die Original-Objekte des FS4 zu blockieren.

Das war es dann auch schon. :)

Je nach Zeit, Lust und Laune lässt sich nun EDLB noch deutlich weiter ausgestalten, ACT zeigt hier viele interessante Details für den schnuckeligen Flugplatz EDLB.

Viel Spaß beim Fliegen. :) :) :)

Gerne würde ich einen kleinen UL Platz selbst erstellen zum Beispiel Flugplatz Kamen-Heeren, aber finde keine Möglichkeit. Wann kann man denn mit dem SDK Tool von IPACS rechnen, da tut sich ja nichts.

Leider hat IPACS das AirportCreationTool (ACT) noch nicht allgemein freigegeben.

Da Kamen-Heeren aber nicht so umfangreich ist, habe ich mal auf die Schnelle für den FS4 den Platz angelegt -- viel Spaß. 8)

Kurz zum Inhalt der ZIP-Datei:

• de0188.tmb, .toc, .tsc und .wad sind die Dateien für den FS4.
    • DE0188.tap ist die Export-Datei aus dem ACT, aus der dann die 4 Dateien erstellt werden. Sie ist eine Textdatei und kann mit jedem Editor bearbeitet werden.
      Zur Umwandlung wird ein Conversation-Tool benötigt, siehe RE: Aerofly FS airport creation tool ( early alpha version, work in progress ).
    • DE0188__KAMEN-HEEREN.pdf ist ein Aerodrome Chart aus dem Internet.