Posts by 0xdeadbeef

It is not running in compatibility mode for me. It's obviously just confused by the high DPI setting. Then again, as this isn't an issue for any other game or fullscreen application on this planet, the Aerofly developers must obviously call the wrong interfaces to get the actual screen resolution.

I'm using a 125% scaling in Win10 as otherwise all the text etc. in every application is much too small.

And while the Win8 compatibility is not active, this was actually a good hint.

There is a setting in the compatibility tab (when right clicking on the exe) which allows to force the high DPI setting to be controlled by the application.

It seems like when I enable this option (i.e. let the application override the high DPI setting), RC8 lets me select my native fullscreen resolution successfully.

Still, this is weird. I would think there should be some DirectX (or whatever it's called nowadays) interface to get the raw resolution and not the fake one that application get through the default Windows API interfaces.

Similar problem here (Gfx card is an Nvidia RTX2080 and native screen resolution is 2560x1440):

I can't seem to use any (!) fullscreen resolution. Whatever resolution I select, the screen resolution actually used seems to be much lower than the screen buffer, so I can only see a part of the actual screen area and the right and lower side of the screen are cut off. E.g. I can't even see how to exit the program since only like two and a half main menu entries are visible. Also the start button is almost fully outside the screen. This makes it impossible to change the resolution with the mouse (since the right arrow is invisible) and I have to use the keyboard instead.

When I sometimes (!) still succeed to set a resolution, it's lost as soon as I exit/restart. Then I'm either back to windowed mode or have that weird distorted/cut off view in a wrong resolution. I tried any available resolution but all behave erratic. This even happens in 1024x768.

-> I can actually only use RC8 in windowed mode.

Note that RC7 works fine in 2560x1440 fullscreen mode. It shows the same issue in the initial loading screen though.

Hard to understand how to mess this up this bad. RC8 looks 99% like RC7 anyway in every aspect and they still managed to screw up something as basic as the resolution selection that any freeware game got right in the last twenty years.