Posts by DylanTL

Hi!

I have been enjoying flying the 777 lately but I noticed one thing that cuts the realism slightly.

In every other airliner I will use a very small amount of reverse thrust to pushback from the gate, which usually will allow me to back the airplane up at a speed which is realistic.

However, in the 777 the reverse thrust automatically deploys at full reverse power when I move my reverse lever so much as a sliver. Is there any way to make the amount of reverse thrust proportional to the amount of movement of the lever on my yoke is moved. A big fix to this problem would be to add a pushback function to the sim.

Thanks,

Dylan:)

Hi!

I have been enjoying flying the 777 lately but I noticed one thing that cuts the realism slightly.

In every other airliner I will use a very small amount of reverse thrust to pushback from the gate, which usually will allow me to back the airplane up at a speed which is realistic.

However, in the 777 the reverse thrust automatically deploys at full reverse power when I move my reverse lever so much as a sliver. Is there any way to make the amount of reverse thrust proportional to the amount of movement of the lever on my yoke is moved. A big fix to this problem would be to add a pushback function to the sim.

Thanks,

Dylan

I know the A320 just got a pretty big list of improvements recently, but I was wondering about the DIR functionality on the MCDU. I noticed that you cant actually choose to go direct to a waypoint yet. The screen works, and the waypoint is selected, but when you press "*DIR TO INSERT" It doesnt actually command the AP to fly direct to that waypoint.

Is this function possibly one that will come of use some time soon?

Just curious, thanks!

Dylan

Pardon me for asking the most cliche type of question in any type of Aerofly forum... But I continue to believe that the Beechcraft Baron would be the best aircraft in the game if the engines were modeled more accurately.

This would include:

-Mixture levers control fuel/air mixture in the engines.

-Functioning magneto switches.

-Fixing the issue where if a prop is feathered the power from both engines reduced to idle for NO apparent reason. (Makes it hard to practice engine out procedures)

Please take this lightly but I have a hard time understanding how this aircraft can be modeled so beautifully and accurately with practically every system within the aircraft being functional,

But we are left with the unfortunate lapse in realism by having engines that are constantly running.

I can understand not modeling the engine start systems in jets and turboprops, but you already have more than one piston powered aircraft with a modeled engine start system. So, why not the Baron?

Thanks!

You need to be a bit more patient. I fixed the q400 battery drainage now but it will take time until it reaches the release version.

The electrical system was not finished, e.g. the apu did not actually have a generator that provides power. That, among many other things, is now added in my version. You can expect a dark q400 but not all systems have been hooked up to the electric network yet. I want to add at least a few red flags to the pfd and mfd yet.

My apologies for being that guy.

I'm glad that my concerns didn't go unconsidered.

Thanks!

I have been doing many flights lately in the Airbus A320 and I was wondering how the DIR page in the MCDU works.

When I click on DIR and click a fix that I would like to fly direct to, it gives me two prompts on either side of the page:

<-DIR TO

ERASE

DIR TO INSERT*

I have been pressing DIR TO INSERT* and the prompts disappear and the F-PLN page still shows a list of waypoints up to the fix in which I chose to go direct to.

Is this page not functional yet? Or am I just not doing it right?

So, I'm not 100% sure if anyone has made a normal procedures checklist specifically for the Lear 45 in Aerofly FS2 yet...

But I decided to make one myself after flying the airplane for a considerable amount of time, and studying the Wiki for the Lear in Aerofly. (very helpful)

It should be noted that if there is a system on the aircraft that isn't modeled yet in the sim, I didn't acknowledge it as a system in the checklist. (Except for the Before Start Checklist because sometimes I pretend that I am starting the engines. :S)

Anyways, hopefully someone will find it useful.

Hi everyone, I reformatted the checklist to fit on one page. It should be more convenient now for anyone who wishes to print it out and use it.

Enjoy! :)

hm, that's not good. Not good I got interrupted and didn't pick up the work later :/

I was baffled because I put the aircraft in a cold and dark state, started the APU, and walked away to get food. When I came back the OH panel was dark and the DC BUS showed 0 volts. The APU GEN showed a load of 0.50 which led me to believe that it was charging the battery but clearly it wasn't.

I started work on the electric system but didn't finish... otherwise the q400 would be cold and dark, too :)

Even it the battery goes empty it should not affect anything yet.

See but what is funny about that is that it does effect the aircraft when I run out of battery. The flight displays stay on but the overhead panel goes dark and the engine starting system wont work. The battery discharges at a constant rate with the APU on or off. When it runs out I have no way of starting the engines so I have to reset the flight.

Wouldn't you know it. The first flight on after fixing the issue with my toe brakes in the Q400, I notice the Main Bus Voltage decreasing at a steady rate with all battery switches flipped to the "on" position, the APU and APU generator on, and the main bus tied. I tried using external power instead but the Main Bus still showed a steady discharge. Help?