Posts by Armitage

I took my turns in the new EC135 / H135, and I really like her. I also found the manual (google for "EC 135 manual"), so powering up the engine and setting up navigation is a breeze. I already landed on a Dutch frigate - but have yet to reach the level of ADAC pilots landing in the middle of crowded streets right next to lamp posts. ;)

I also noted that the Wettergerät needed a small fix to understand the new flightplan format as seen in the Aerofly FS2 Beta releases MCF files. This has already been taken care of. ;)

Wow, the EC135 / H135 of all helicopters is probably the best choice to make. In Europe this helicopter is quite popular in the EMS role - and one of my favourite civilian models to get my hands on. For us rotos-heads this is indeed very good news - even more so as it seems to be a free update.

I for one recommend to at least give it a try. If you know someone with a VR head set maybe you can borrow it? Some months ago there were also companies (at least in Germany) where you could lease a VR headset for a reasonable price. If you found out that VR just is not your thing, you were able to return it even after months of usage.

I started really small with a €350-WMR-headset. After some days finding my ways around the technology and convincing my body nothing bad is happening, I was completely convinced by VR. The feeling of really sitting inside a plane, leaning left and right to get a better view on the outside while taxiing a Pitts S-2, really being alone up there with just your knowledge and your skills to bring you back home... this is really hard to describe with any other words but: it almost feels like you are there.

My setup for Aerofly is to not use the VR controllers, but instead stick, throttle, pedals and mouse, making the interaction much more precise.

I am so convinced by the benefits gained from using a VR headset for simulations, I am planning on upgrading to the HP Reverb G2 as soon it is out.

You are in luck: this error message is exactly what the update was all about: A HTTP code of 401 says that you need to authenticate (see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status/401).

You will need to get an API key, and supply it following the instructions found some posts above.

Sorry for the Wettergerät being so cryptic about the solution to your problem - if I find the time I will make a proper setup procedure and a better error message.

Sorry for the inconvenience, as the API key part is rather bolted on. If I find the time I will make it more user-friendly by supplying a configuration dialogue.

Until then you will have to supply the API key by adding '--apikey "YOURAPIKEYHERE"' to your desktop link. See https://github.com/fboes/aerof…o-the-desktop-application on how to do that.

So if your API key is "xyz", open the application by calling 'aerofly-wettergeraet-desktop.exe --apikey "xyz"'.

I have been away from Aerofly FS 2 for quite a while, so only yesterday I noticed the API the Wettergerät relies on now requires an API key. I updated the Wettergerät to be more helpful in situations like these, and added some instructions to the Wettergerät's documentation on how to get and supply an API key to the Wettergerät.

In any case you will need to

1. download the latest version of the Wettergerät
    2. get an API key for your METAR REST service of choice
    3. and supply the key to the Wettergerät

Well, the Wettergerät is open source.;) I tried to build it in a way that parts of it can be recycled for other projects. So if you are interested, you are free to integrate the DLLs / source code into your project.

I will look into the idea of compiling a list of airports from the local files. May be I find something usable, which both PJ and WG can utilize for their own benefit. Like a small tool which build the CSV file with the actual local airports.:/

Actually you answered my question perfectly.:)

I had the idea of compiling a list of all airports present in the local copy of Aerofly FS2 so users could select them for the Wettergerät app. Presently Wettergerät's users have to enter the ICAO airport code manually if it is not present in their flight plan.

I also had the idea that the Wettergerät optionally sets the starting position of the plane to the airport the user fetches the weather data for. But like you said: one needs to know much more about the airport in order to solve this.

Thank you for your insights. :thumbup:

This is just... wow. That level of detail is amazing. Payware grade material for sure.

After enjoying the Piper Arrow I would not mind _paying_ for the Carbon Cub. It sure looks great, and fills the role of a modern tail-dragger with up-to-date avionics. Think of the back-country adventures we will be having! ;)

I also have a GTX1080 / WMR combo (Samsung WMR), try these settings:

• Texture: ultra
    • Terrain mesh: high
    • Terrain image: high
    • Shadow: medium
    • Building: low
    • Tree: low
    • VR render scale: 1.50

Also, turn cumulus cloud density off / low - it's okay to use some cirrus cloud density (25%) at high altitude (75%)

Today I had some spare time to cruise the Netherlands in my Turbo Arrow. Strangely enough now the course indicator shows up, even though my settings are down to "high". Maybe there was a Steam update I did not notice? Nevermind.

Thank you for the beautiful Arrow - all the small details are truly appreciated. I just noticed I had to calibrate the compass on my main dashboard, as it was not matching the GNS. Love it! :thumbup: