Posts by Chippin

Hi,

This sim is awesome. A big area for improvement is adding more airports worldwide as the sim is missing many. This is especially a factor for users who enjoy GA flying and/or short range ops (ex: helicopter flights, short range commercial flights).

I read the article about global streaming (see below link). It was unclear if global strewming will be a feature available in Aerofly on mobile devices OR solely a feature in the pc version of Aerofly.

Does any know if global streaming will be featured in Aerofly for mobile devices?

Thanks

Jet-Pack (IPACS)
    September 22, 2023 at 8:39 PM

Hi,

I have some suggestions for improving 737-500 sound effects:

1. Replace the GPWS altitude call outs with the GPWS altitude call outs found in most Boeing aircraft (see end of video). This GPWS update could be applied to all Boeing aircraft in the sim

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

2. Change elevator trim sound to a more realistic sound for 737 (sounds more like a pinball machine in real life)

The Tactical Air Support livery would be awesome to have in the sim. Looks from the pics like the F-5 would be in its element being flown in the Utah scenery as it is in the South Florida and Switzerland sceneries!

I agree 100%. I think that the F-5 and Hawker Hunter would be great first additions to the sim.

These classic jets both flew in Switzerland and the F-5 is still flying today (very active in the south Florida region since F-5s are flown out of NAS key west which is featured in the sim). F-5s are also flown in Utah and other places.

It would be awesome to have global flight. The only feasible solution I can see is streaming scenery data from a server via a download.

The developers can provide users with 2 streaming options.

Option 1 is to stream satellite imagery of the terrain and 3D structures at airports only.

This would be the quickest download and smallest memory wise. If most flight will be performed at high altitudes, this would certainly be sufficient.

Option 2 is to stream satellite imagery of the terrain and all 3D structures for an area (airports, cities and landmarks. Level of detail we have currently).

This would be the largest amount of data to stream and would provide the most detail. This would be best for folks flying at low altitudes, VFR flying and/or flying helicopters in a city environment.

Real world weather would also be an awesome addition.

Just some ideas. Keep up the great work!

Hi,

It would be nice to have more specific weather settings.

For example, wind strength is on a scale of “calm” to “strong”. It’s difficult to understand what wind speeds are calm vs what wind speeds are strong.

The sim has wind speed and direction displayed at the top of the screen.

In this case, it would be nice for the slider to allow you to select a wind speed from 0 kts to some higher value vs calm to strong.

The same idea can be applied for other weather settings. Thanks!

Hi,

It would be cool to have an AS350 helicopter in the sim. Many different liveries to choose one. A cool livery would be California Highway Patrol (CHP) since we have California scenery. They do a lot of search and rescue and law enforcement work with their AS350 B3’s.