Posts by Lucky1960

Why should you mix ? The Orbx scenery-Add of LOWI is nice enough regarding autogen, so no need for extra 'cultivation' here!

Exclude the area of LOWI in your selfmade Austria-cultivation as best solution, how to do that is out of my technical knowledge, sorry.

Thank you for your advice. That's exactly, what I want to do. I prefer the scenery of LOWI and would like to exclude my AeroScenery in this area. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that either. :(

I know, the creation of the scenery takes more time but the results are much more enjoyable.

Just my tip.

That's 100% correct.

I come from FSX, where I installed numerous photorealistic sceneries from other creators (e.g. in the USA and Italy). Most of these sceneries had a resolution of 1 meter/pixel.

Because the FSX took much too long to start due to my numerous addons and I didn't like the low frame rate and the visible loading of the sceneries, I switched to FS 2.

When I started to create sceneries for the FS 2, I did it with FSET and also with 1 m/pixel. As I couldn't put together any sceneries without the infamous "loading in patches", I started with AeroScenery again from scratch. Unfortunately there was also a pop-up, which I could avoid by creating it again with the setting "Shrink TMC grid squares by 0.01 degrees".

Since there would be about 72 images to process per grid size 9 at AFS Level 14, I limited my post-processing to the coasts and large lakes. My attempt to equalize color differences failed miserably. I obviously lack skill, patience and simply time. :(

As I like to fly VFR at low altitudes, the AFS Level 14 is certainly a good choice, but when I look at the great sceneries of Schnuffelduffel in North East Germany, he went the better way with AFS Level 13 and a consequent postprocessing. But, as already mentioned, I wouldn't be able to do that.

The flight simulator is a great hobby, but I also have a family and other nice hobbies, so I have to decide how intensively I want to work with the FS 2.

My Quick and Dirty method gives me acceptable results. If landscapes vary in colour and brightness, I imagine that clouds are responsible for it. ;)

My most beautiful sceneries are the purchased sceneries of IPACS and orbx. I could never create the sceneries so good. In addition, there are also professionally created airports, cities and individual landmarks. The airports of FSCloud are a great thing and I thank all the creators of these airports, but they do not have the quality of professional products. Therefore they are free.

I like to fly in Southern Germany, Southern France and Italy. For these areas I have created sceneries. If IPACS or orbx one day would bring out these countries as addons, I would be happy to buy them.

Oops, now my answer is a bit long. =O I just wanted to explain my ambitions with the FS 2.

Out of toppic: My absolute favourite FSX airplane is the Super Connie. If I could get it for FS 2, that would be insane. 8)

Hi guys!

I installed the beautiful Innsbruck Airport from orbx. The airport comes with its own photo scenery for the region around the airport. I tried to integrate this scenery in my self made Tirol/Austria scenery (made with AeroScenery). Unfortunately, I didn't manage to create homogeneous scenery. When I leave the airport, the scenery (mountains and river) changes its colour with pop ups,

The river changes its colour from blue to green, when I come nearer. I gave all orbx image files priority and deleted the corresponding AeroScenery files. I also deleted all level 13 files, because orbx doesn't use them for LOWI.

Blue River (orbx scenery)

Green river (mixture orbx/AeroScenery)

Could anybody of you successfully insert the airport scenery into an environment created with AeroScnery?

I have noticed over the last few weeks running "AeroScenery" in both image providers that on some of the tiles level 9 and some level 11 files are missing.

I made the same experience with one tile in Germany (map_09_8880_a99). :/

I went back to downloading the exact same area using the old "FSET" and "GeoConvert"

How do you determine the exact area in FSET so that there is no overlap and loading in patches?

Can you make in GeoConvert the important AeroScenery Setting "Shrink TMC grid squares by 0.01 degrees", which is necessary to prevent the "loading in patches " effect?

I made the same experience with one tile in Germany (map_09_8880_a99)

AeroScenery produced 1.356 instead of 1.361 files (ZL 17, AFS Levels 9, 11, 12 , 13, 14).

I have another uncomplete tile: map_8880_a980 with only 1.037 instead of 1.361 files. =O

I found a way to work on my coastlines without too much work and time. I open the PNGs in Photoshop and use the Paint Bucket Tool (Füllwerkzeug) for colouring the water until the coast in my water colour. With only few clicks, I colour the whole PNG.

PNG before colouring:

PNG after Photoshop:

In the Sim, it looks like this:

I coloured all the water PNG, even these small PNGs without content to get a homogeneous water color at the coast. If the grid ends to close to the coastline and the border to the original water disturbs, one can create a Zoom Level 12/ AFS Level 9 grid with the neighboring water area and colour it.

This method brings the chosen water colour to the shore, which might be seen as not realistic, but I like it more than my earlier results. The tolerance setting of the Paint Bucket Tool is 32.

(Very) quick, but not dirty ;)

Here another example:

Old method

New method

R:7

G:23

B:46

I use

Thank you! I just checked my south french coastline. Terrible <X!

The standard colour of the sea is not uniform in southern France. There are colour variations from turquoise to dark blue. It will probably be difficult to create a homogeneous coastline. The Bing photos also show large colour differences at the transition from land to water, which change abruptly.

Maybe I'll just leave it as it is and fly over land. ;)

How long would this upload need with 3 Mbit? The total volume has approx. 35 GB. =O

I would be a big fan of sharing, but I have read somethere in the forum that Bing and Google don't allow it.

drhotwing1 wrote an 10/22/2018 in this forum:

Guys, make no mistake here, sharing orthos is illegal practice. In my line of work I work with quite a few lawyers, solicitors, and legal council and a while ago I seeked professional legal opinion on behalf of our company IPACS by a federal legal council and have proof that while obtaining and using ortho data for your own private use for a flight simulator is even questionable if using Bing, Google, and Virtual Earth they let it alone, but if you plan on making scenery with these tiles and then distribute them so someone else over the internet (via upload/download) it is considered unlawful theft and redistribution without permission through a public means.

This opinion is for American soil but the source of these tiles don't care where the individual downloading their files are from.

The safer source is USGS (NAIP) where they do allow for individuals to use and distribute their ortho tiles but do flag users that exceed a certain download size unless you have what they call a 'redistribution license'.

In having and obtaining this legal opinion, under no circumstance will we (IPACS) allow for the distribution/redistribution of any ortho tiles on our domain and with me as the holder of this opinion, any distribution that I find on any other website or domain other than ours I will have to report.

Interim report: I have now recreated my southern France almost completely (4 grids are still missing) with the setting 0.01. Even if I fly with 1.250 IAS over the area, the whole landscape is visible and there is no more loading in patches.

I am confident that this degree setting solved the problem. :) Thank you, IZOJUB! I made the experience that no grids with different settings can be placed next to each other. Therefore I will soon create my remaining areas (approx. 30 grids) in Germany and Italy. ||