Posts by aenbacka

Simulation time should eithe be time after simulation start in seconds or time of day in seconds, universal time UTC. 24 * 60 * 60 would be the max value for time of day at which it resets to zero.

Clouds cannot be changed by external messages as far as i know. The library that we use for the clouds does not support this.

Thanks for the info, very much appreciated!😀

Hello,

I have been looking into developing some custom plugins for the sim based on the C++ dll example however, I am unable to find any documentation of the different messages (parameter meaning) supported. Is this type documentation available?

I am working on developing a custom HEMS training scenery around EFTU (Turku, Finland), and for this I would prefer a custom livery (FinnHEMS) for the EC135.

Can such a livery be externally developed, or does it require complete modification of the model?

Did some testing with the release version of the EC135T1, great work! Attached is a short video of testing the AP upper modes, flight around my under-development EFTU/Turku scenery.

Considering liveries, will it be possible to create custom ones?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I was able to reconvert the model using Blender to ModelCoverterX (via FBX format), and now when running it through the Content Converter I did not receive the error messages. However, adding the model to my custom scenery dramatically decreases performance. I have attached the text format .tgi file to this post, in case you could provide some feedback on what could be the issue. Is the model too complex, and need to be simplified?

I got the following output from the Content Converter:

converting folder = './'

0.30: converting geometry file './dollypad.tgi'...

0.30: type = 'object'

13.56: saving 'c:/users/aenba/onedrive/documents//aerofly fs 2/scenery/places/dollypad/dollypad.tmb': geom=2 materials=2

15.13:

15.13: converting 2 image files in parallel

15.16: image './untitled_0.bmp': size=128x128 c=4 compr=1 flipv=1 mip=1 cf=1

18.56: image './wood.bmp': size=1024x1024 c=3 compr=1 flipv=1 mip=1 cf=1

18.57: writing scenery tsc file 'C:/Users/aenba/OneDrive/Documents//Aerofly FS 2/scenery/places/dollypad/dollypad.tsc'

18.57: place radius=500.00

18.58:

18.59: // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

18.59: // SUMMARY

18.60: // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

18.60: input folder 0 = './'

18.61: output folder 0 = 'C:/Users/aenba/OneDrive/Documents//Aerofly FS 2/scenery/places/dollypad/'

18.61: file types = 'tsc' 'tgi' 'jpg' 'bmp' 'tif' 'png'

18.65: 0 files copied

18.65: 2 textures copied

18.66: 0 sounds converted

18.66: 1 geometries converted

18.67: 0 errors

EDIT:

The .tgi.txt file can be downloaded from the following WeTransfer link (~20MB): https://we.tl/t-ETMLbwfBZQ

Hello,

I am trying to convert a custom 3d object (heli dollypad) that I have converted to .tgi format using ModelConverterX.

When running the Aerofly FS2 Content Converter, I receive the following error messages in the log:

====================================================================================

0.57: converting folder = './'

0.58: converting geometry file './dollypad.tgi'...

0.59: type = 'object'

107.02: ERROR: stripping problem(There is an error trying to break sequential triangle

107.02: )

107.02: ERROR: stripping problem(There is an error trying to break sequential triangle

107.02: )

107.03: )

107.03: ERROR: stripping problem(There is an error trying to break sequential triangle

107.03: ERROR: stripping problem(There is an error trying to break sequential triangle

107.04: ERROR: stripping problem(There is an error trying to break sequential triangle

107.04: )

Any information what could cause this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I am working on custom Aerofly FS 2 scenery for the Turku, Finland (EFTU) region. I have generated the images using AeroScenery tool (levels 9-15). I am now attempting to create a custom terrain map for the same area using the GeoConvert tool from GeoTIFF files (same levels 9-15), process finished without errors. However, when loading the scenery into Aerofly I notice strange peaks (see attached picture). What could be the cause of this. It did not occur before adding the custom elevation mesh.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hello,

I am looking into developing a custom weather plugin for Aerofly FS2, however, the lack of detailed SDK documentation is an issue. Is there any messages defined for controlling clouds etc (corresponding to the same weather options that can be manually configured in Aerofly settings). Also, there is e.g., a message Simulation.Visibility which seems to control visibility; what is the allowed parameter range for this message, and can it be used to set visibility to a specific values such as 10km?

Any information about this would be greatly appreciated :)

Best regards,

Andreas Enbacka