Posts by aenbacka

As promised, a short video preview of the cockpit in-flight

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hello everyone! Been some time since status update. We have progressed well with Jet-Pack (IPACS) on the project. The flight model is very good now, and also cockpit animations have progressed nicely. I will upload some video showing progress later, but attached is a picture from cockpit showing some improvements to texturing of the indicators, which is in progress.

Hello, things have been silent the past month due to another project I had to complete and work, but it is not forgotten:) We have the first draft of the cockpit done (pictures above in thread), now next would be to add interaction to cockpit and animations. It flies quite nicely already:)

And tmd is still in progress, it would be nice to integrate a gps as part of the glass cockpit.

What a pleasure to see this Cub again with these different screens.:love:
    Congratulations for all your efforts and giving a second wind to this model.:thumbup:
    What else do you need to refine on this model so that it is 100% functional?
    Will it still see the light of day before the end of the year?

Thanks for the feedback:) There is a lot of interaction with the cockpit to do yet, and associated animations. I also plan to integrate some of the standard GPS components if I am able to:) Quite a lot to learn, but a very fun project. It already flies very nicely:)

Hello Aenbacka,

What's new with this project? Is there still any real hope of seeing it finished one day?:/

Do you have any new images to share with us, thanks!

Regards

Yes it being worked on, I have another work project that I have to complete first and then get back to this one:) But it is not forgotten at all. I can try to get some more pics from the current cockpit etc :)

Hi aenbacka,

I was just wondering if there was anything new about this Cub?

Hi,

Thanks for asking:) Has been summer vacation time so less time to spend with development but I hope to be able to continue now during Autumn with the project. Now when the Blender issue we had is sorted out it should be easier.

Next step is to try to connect up some cockpit instruments to the flight model, and hope to be able to provide new videos and screenshots soon😀

The SDK of 12/2019 exposes Aircraft.NearestAirport (0x6b0fc8827e6289ea) as a tm_msg_data_type::String8 - the icao of the airport.

The same value is sent by AFS4 as id 0xa997b8cdd488c3c7 also as a tm_msg_data_type::String8. AFS4 sends the lon/lat of the airport as id 0xfb26c904a49032df of type tm_msg_data_type::Vector2d.

Thanks a lot for that info :) Hopefully the header file would be updated at some point.

Hi aenbacka,  Peixsoft, qwrfvbnrj5hr:

Are you still having problems using the last published external DLL interface with AFS4 (from December 2019)?

What problems are you having? Maybe I can help.

Regards,

Karl

Hello,

My issue is that some messages (e.g., NearestAirport) does not seem to be received same way in Aerofly FS4 as in FS2. I have code relying on getting this info, and it is broken in the new version.

So now the textures seem to finally be working, seems to have been a Blender version issue (exporting using a newer version not working,

3.3 working fine). A short video of cockpit and some different views

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'll be surprised if it is that simple... as you say they are usually on by default, but always worth a check. Otherwise you'll need Jan to chip in. The lighting is definitely an area that could do with some clear documentation by IPACS. I made a lot of mistakes and had to bother Jan a lot with questions when I was working on it the first time with the Buffalo. Anyway hope you have success... the Carbon Cub will be a gem.

KR Matt

Thanks for your help, it is really appreciated:) It takes time to get into Aerofly development, but I find it very interesting. Always good with some challenges😀

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the suggestion, gonna double check that the lights were on. Just strange as by default the lights normally are turned on in the cockpit.

Matt,

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation, it helped me get a much better understanding of the purpose of all the different textures. Concerning the illumination, it could that the missing light source could explain the behavior we have seen with the cockpit dashboard.

BR,

Andreas

I haven't found I got on very well using a bump map on the cockpit inside, just a reflection map and specular map with an Ambient occlusion map blended into the colour texture. Looks ok on my models I felt. You can always blend metal textures into the colour, specular and reflection textures to give it a more lived in look.

KR Matt

Thanks for the info :) We have been investigating the texturing issue, and it seems to be related to the illumination / emissive textures. Attached is an example of the dashboard illumination texture used, does it seem to be in correct format?

Just a wild guess, is there a normal map defined for the instrument panel and glass surface of instruments?

That was a good guess, could indeed be the problem. Thanks gonna check😀