Posts by aenbacka

Origin and destination need to both be installed and available airports.

Currently specific liveries are not yet supported, would be great to have them for airline missions as well...

It would be really great if it would be possible to optionally specify a particular livery for the aircraft used for the mission. I got the waypoint mission to work as soon as I added the mission destination airport :)

The Aerofly Missionsgerät 2.1.1 is here!

• Now mission title and description are editable
    • Settings for time and date added
    • Settings for weather added (as well as a "Randomize weather" button)

It is still somewhat basic, but a good start to generate a custom missions file. I downloaded some missions from CGAVIATOR and by the weekend I will post some new missions inspired by his low level jet flying in Scotland.

Really excellent work! The web UI looks amazing. Will do some tests with creating a few custom HEMS missions, I hope to have the mission generator in initial test shape soon.

It is supposed to be visible under challenges. Actually I never tried to leave the destination empty - I believe this may lead to some problems, because origin and destination are separate fields. Maybe try with a complete flight plan first before doing more freestyle planning?

Yes, it seemed to be due to missing destination. So now, when I set departure to EFTU, add a waypoint WP1, and add EFTU as destination it shows up fine :) Btw, how can I change the livery used for the aircraft, is that some separate field in the missions file?

Well... ahem... erh...

Actually it is called custom_missions.tmc, while the generator calls it custom_mission.tmc. Mind the missing "s". 8o

Yes I noted that 😀 I did change the name to custom_missions.tmc but I did not still find the mission in Aerofly FS4. Should it show up under Challenges?

I created a simple flightplan with departure from EFTU airport, with a single waypoint (just a latitude, longitude location). Does it need to have a destination airport?

The Aerofly Missionsgerät can now be used right out of your browser.

Web version of Aerofly Missionsgerät

Open https://fboes.github.io/aerofly-missions/dist/, supply your main.mcf or any other supported flight plan format, and at the end of the page you will find a download link for the missions file (as well as a Markdown text file as a mission description). (Actually no files are uploaded / downloaded, as all the magic happens inside of your browser.)

This is just the beta version of the flight plan converter, this will improve along the way. Setting date, weather and other variables is still on my list. If I am going completely crazy I will add the Wettergerät to the web version, so the current real weather is added to your flight plan.

(Tested in Firefox and Google Chrome.)

I did a test flightplan for the EC-135, and copies the created custom_missions.tmc file to the missions folder. However, when launching Aerofly FS4, the list of challenges seem to be empty (with the EC-135 selected). Is only fixed-wing / airliners currently supported?

Maybe this is getting out of hand, but just to let you know:

The Aerofly Missionsgerät is now able to convert the most relevant flight plan file formats to the Aerofly Custom Mission file format. This opens up some new ways for you to get custom missions:

I know that as of now the Aerofly Missionsgerät is a rather hard to use tool, because you need to have Node.js installed and need to use obscure commands on your terminal. So I am exploring the possibility to build a web version of this tool, where you just upload your flight plan, fiddle with some settings, and download your custom missions file. But don't hold your breath. ;)

Really cool and great work! 👍 This definitely opens up new possibilities. I am still working on my tool for creating custom rescue / HEMS missions, this could integrate nicely with it. The idea is that you should be able to select type of missions you want (and parameters like max distance, type of area etc), and the mission should be created (hopefully also using custom 3d objects).

Moikka,

I have taken over the Carbon Cub from an other fellower a few years ago and have done some work on it. But, by best will, I don't have time to finish it.

So, if you are interested, I might pass it forward to you.

Cheers,

Kai

(Puoli suomalainen, puoli saksalainen. Mutta mun suomi on hyvin huono.)

Hello Kai!

Thanks for the message, would definitely be interested in that😀 Aerofly is a fantasic sim platform, and I think there is lots of potential for third party development. We could discuss this more👍

Been looking at the Aircraft SDK for Aerofly FS4, it should be possible to bring the helicopter model into the simulator. Another issue is the flight model, there are some documentation about developing an aircraft and needed parameters, but they are indeed very fixed wing oriented.

Btw, did some tests with the new UH-60 and have to say that it is very impressive. Flight dynamics seems very good, and the model is top notch. Also the autopilot works extremely well. Great work IPACS! :)

The helicopter TMD coding is very complex and highly detailed, IPACS are extremely protective of how the helicopter physics work. Most of which I didn't understand. Similar to the complexity of their gas turbine engine coding.

I was worn to secrecy under pain of having certain bits of my anatomy removed and making a necklace from them =O

I see, seems little counterintuitive when a public aircraft SDK is available, did not note that it said fixed wing only. Would admin want to comment on this. Will not spend time on this if it is not possible to do at all.

If you ever get to work with the heli TMD file, I would stick to a helicopter with 2 or 4 blades as its much easier. IPACS are very protective of the heli coding so you will need their permission first and you will need to demonstrate a strong, no, very strong dedication to the development. My guess they would like to see the full model first.

Developing a fixed wing aircraft. which I recommend you do first, is a rewarding but time consuming task, a heli is maybe 1.5 times the fixed wing development. Sitting in a virtual version of the model you built and programmed is like the big Christmas present you always wanted.

Steve

Thanks for the info, very much appreciated. I am sure the development would require a significant of work and learning, I do like challenges myself. I find the work you did on Aerofly FS2 outstanding as well. I found the Aircraft SDK for Aerofly FS4, and details on how to get the actual model into Aerofly (I have been working in Blender).

So if I understood the documentation for rotorcraft development is not public, only for fixed wing? What is the reason for this Jet-Pack (IPACS) ?

Well I do not expect all modules to be free, in this case it is more about it was slightly unclear that the Deluxe edition would be needed to receive any additional modules in the future. And having separate DLCs with only a particular aircraft would be nice iindeed (as I do not want any fixed wings myself).

Hopefully IPACs will provide updates to the existing models such as the EC135 and R22 as well.