Posts by turman

Thanks IPACS for that new build, it has solved my 2 issues !

First my Reverb works normally with the support of the 6 axes (with the alpha build only rotation axes was working, not the translations ones).

Secondly the pedals of the EC135 no longer go nuts when you are in overtorque. I now understood that it was necessary to be careful with the overtorque (much more than with the R22) but with the alpha I could not get out of it, even by fully pressing the right pedal and lowering the collective. But now with the beta build I can not even trigger the problem, even by fully pressing the left pedal in overtorque. And for me it's much better this way! :)

BTW there is no more pro mode for the EC135?

I forgot to specify that now that I no longer have these yaw problems the EC135 is a pure marvel, what a pleasure to ride and what power!

It really provides other sensations than with the R22 but just as jubilant. They both form a magnificent couple for AFS2 and for helicopter lovers in general :love:

Thanks IPACS for that new build, it has solved my 2 issues !

First my Reverb works normally with the support of the 6 axes (with the alpha build only rotation axes was working, not the translations ones).

Secondly the pedals of the EC135 no longer go nuts when you are in overtorque. I now understood that it was necessary to be careful with the overtorque (much more than with the R22) but with the alpha I could not get out of it, even by fully pressing the right pedal and lowering the collective. But now with the beta build I can not even trigger the problem, even by fully pressing the left pedal in overtorque. And for me it's much better this way! :)

BTW there is no more pro mode for the EC135?

The EC135 has a yaw damper and if you don't set the profi option to enabled the copilot will assist with the pedals. When you get into an overtorque situation your tail rotor may not be efficient enough to keep the nose straight. Use right pedal and lower the collective and accept the spin to recover. There are real world crashes where the pilots used full left pedal which only makes the torque go up higher and the aircraft falls like a brick.

We have to tweek the tail rotor still so that it uses less power. This may be a characteristic of the fenestrom configuration, being more efficient for higher yaw pitch.

In professional mode it's much better as I don't have anymore the "latency". But the EC135 is still impracticable for me because the right pedal gets stuck very often! In fact it is visually the left pedal which is pushed but the helicopter turns to the right on the yaw axis. If I land (violently but it looks like there is no possible crash with the EC135) the pedals work normally but the problem returns a few seconds after takeoff.

I've just tried the alpha build and the EC135 looks really amazing, big thanks IPACS !

But unfortunately I have also some serious troubles with the pedals. There is some kind of latency (visually and in the aircraft reactions) and sometimes the pedals can even freeze ! My controller is the PFS PUMA but I noticed also with my old Logitech Extreme 3D.

I don't know if it has already been mentioned but I have also a big issue with the VR (HP Reverb): in the cockpit the rotation gestures work as usual but all translation gestures (in the 3 axis) don't work any more.

Thanks a lot Jake for this addon ! :thumbup:

The ORBX addon was already impressive and you added some life to it, like it should has been from the begining...

If we could generalize ground traffic across the globe it would be fabulous. AFS2 really needs to support vector routes to manage ground traffic. Then we could import OSM roads from anywhere in the world !

PS: I love specially the face of the guy who walks his dog next to the airport ^^

But beyond the technical challenge there are inevitably legal problems, I guess it will be impossible to redistribute this kind of sceneries...

I dream that one day we could have a tool capable of generating cultivations from Google's 3D data for our personal use, just as we can currently do with OSM data with scenProc or with Bing/Google imagery with AeroScenery.

Yes this is more than interesting ! You mean you're able to retrieve any 3D object from Google Earth/Maps ? :huh:

Here we don't speak about the objects available from the 3D warehouse which is not more used by Google I think since they can generate every thing from the real world with their photogrammatry technics.

But if it is possible to recover data from their photogrammetry that means that we could have ultra-realistic sceneries for most of the big cities of the world. It would be really incredible !

But beyond the technical challenge there are inevitably legal problems, I guess it will be impossible to redistribute this kind of sceneries...

Impressive ! :huh:

So If I understand correctly the Aerofly scenery will have less than 4 times less polygons than the above screenshot under FSX (yes there is two times the word "less" in my sentence). That said, from what we've seen so far, it doesn't seem to be very annoying...

The product from IGN you have used as data source for buildings is the BD ORTHO BATI or is it something not "visible" on their website ? Sorry to be so curious ;)

We've got our own technology to generate irregular building shapes and 3D oriented roofs on irregular shapes, the most difficult :)

The difference with xp concept is important : our buildings are real 3D buildings, not just facades with a flat roof that are not 3D objects with all properties to apply on...

And the result looks really amazing !

I'm still interested to know what is the source of your data for your building generation:

Antoine could you please indicate which data source you used for the footprints and the heights of the buildings? OSM?

FYI in 2015 I made scripts to import into OSM the heights (well just the number of floors) on more than 50,000 buildings in Paris, roughly half of all of the city's buildings. My data source was the open data portal of the municipality of Paris but there were things to improve and we can do even more. More info are available on the OSM wiki. With the free scene in Paris I was already very happy to see my work put to good use.

In any case, I can't wait to be able to try this scene, which will undoubtedly be a real work of art.

I am completely amazed by the beauty of all these screenshots! 8|

I have never used a France VFR product but there with this AFS product I want to buy!

I am particularly sensitive to the modeling of buildings and there it looks like it is great art!

Antoine could you please indicate which data source you used for the footprints and the heights of the buildings? OSM?

FYI in 2015 I made scripts to import into OSM the heights (well just the number of floors) on more than 50,000 buildings in Paris, roughly half of all of the city's buildings. My data source was the open data portal of the municipality of Paris but there were things to improve and we can do even more. More info are available on the OSM wiki. With the free scene in Paris I was already very happy to see my work put to good use.

In any case, I can't wait to be able to try this scene, which will undoubtedly be a real work of art.

Congratulations to you and the whole team of France VFR :thumbup:

Thanks, Vincent.

Bonjour Michel,

Je n'ai pas encore eu le temps de regarder les scripts V7 de Crispy mais normalement tu dois pouvoir changer le nombre d'étages pour les maisons (lorsque celles ci n'ont pas de hauteur définie dans OSM) avec une plage de 1 à 3 par ex au lieu de 3 à 4. Dans le script V6 la détection des maisonsse se basait sur la surface du bâtiments, du coup cela ne marchait pas forcément avec les villas de milliardaires dont la surface pouvaient être trop grande. Mais c'est étrange car là tu parlais de l'ensemble des maisons et pas juste de quelques cas isolés...

Mis à part la hauteur des bâtiments c'est vrai que ça serait super d'avoir des textures adaptées à la région, surtout pour la couleur des toits...

Wouahou Paris in AFS ! 8|

This is an impressive work, thanks a lot ! :thumbup:

I am particularly sensitive because I am from Paris and I spent the first 30 years of my life in that city.

And also because I had done a lot of work on OSM to import the height of the Parisian buildings. I had managed to update the height on more than half of the buildings in Paris (itself, not the suburbs): 49,000 out of a total of 86,000 buildings (more info here). When I have time I will have fun comparing what we can see in AFS with what we can see on F4Map (an OSM 3D viewer):