Posts by JNS

Hi. Is there any way in FS2 to save a flight at my current location/altitude/heading/speed so that I can resume it later? I am not interested in recording it (but, that would be nice, too), only resuming. I didn't find anything in my searches.

Thanks.

Jeff Smith

OK, thanks. The scenery situation with this sim seems to be very confusing (especially when using the "[extra_user_folder]" procedure for putting scenery on another drive) because everything I've read indicates that home-made(user-created) scenery goes in the C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Aerofly FS 2/scenery/images/...." folder. Oh, well, I prefer that it be like you are telling me. I will eventually experiment with this. You've got me wondering. :)

Thanks for you help.

Jeff

Hey, Michael! Thanks for the info. That is interesting. I did notice that somehow my FS2 folder got buried down a level on my E Drive. I'm not sure how that happened unless it did that somehow when I did an update. Seemed a little strange....even I couldn't find it at first. I just figured that if I tried to take FS2 out of that "extra" folder, it would really make a mess at this point.

So, you didn't have to add any special instructions at all to redirect the scenery installation to your F Drive, correct? Just for experimentation, I might play around with my previous setup with FS2 installed on E Drive and see what happens. Also, it's curious how your home-made scenery got stored on your F Drive because normally ( I think, from what I've read) that is stored in the Documents folder on the C Drive. Hmmm

Thanks,

Jeff

Thank you so much, Jan. This whole issue came up when I tried to install some Aerosoft scenery packages into FS2. I have a C Drive for only the OS and then had installed FS2 on my E Drive. The Aerosoft installer said it could not find FS2 and it had not given me a choice to direct it to any certain location.

I've moved to a larger C Drive and I guess will just keep everything there since I have already purchased the non-Steam version of FS2.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Jeff

Thanks, Jan. Thought so, but was just checking before I made mistake. Also, is there any way to move DLC scenery to another drive other than C Drive....maybe with symbolic links? I know there is a way for user-created scenery with the " [extra_user_folder] " method.

Thanks.

Jeff

Hi, I'm not a newcomer to flight-sims, but I was wondering if there are any special installation instructions for the non-Steam (downloaded from Aerosoft) version of FS2? Any tips? Everything I find is for the Steam version.

Thanks.

Jeff

Thank you, Safir. I have installed many simulators, but this time I had gotten some misleading instructions that caused me confusion. I did get it installed and am ready to install some additional scenery. Then on another computer will be installing XP, P3D, and MSFS. So, I have quite a bit of work ahead of me. Again, thank you for your detailed help.

Jeff

Hi. I've downloaded FS2 directly from the Aerofly site and want to install in on a drive other than the "C" drive. I've searched to find out how to do this, but everything I find is related to the Steam version. Can someone please give me instructions or a link to instructions for this situation. I'm not even sure where to place the download itself. Thank you very much.

Jeff Smith

Thanks Jan and Cristian. Exactly what I needed to know. I have already downloaded the latest non-Steam update. Just have to get the base sim installed. Really looking forward to using it.

Jeff