Posts by Matchstick

I've just picked up FS4 in the steam sale and I'm starting to get an initial control config set up, but apart from the separate options for Multi Engine planes I can't see a way to create separate profiles for different aircraft with the same number of engine.

Am I missing something obvious ?

Thanks

(Also is there a key command to turn Tobii head tracking on/off or pause it ?)

I'm not sure what's changed but I am now getting an error message from steam when I try running FS2 in VR mode using Vulkan

"Wrong Video Card

Please plug your headset into the same graphics card as your primary monitor."

Needless to say my Headset is plugged into the same monitor and as before it all works just fine in Open GL mode.

Is it possible that this is related to the tm.log showing that in Vulkan VR mode the game seems to be detecting 2 graphics cards rather than just the single one installed

1.05-tmrenderer_vulkan: 2 devices found:

1.05-tmrenderer_vulkan: device: name='AMD Radeon RX 5700' discrete=1 driver=8388745 api=4202629 memory=8176MB max_ubo=4294967295 max_pc=128 max_dimensions=16384 max_aniso=16.00 score=10008176

1.06-tmrenderer_vulkan: device: name='AMD Radeon RX 5700' discrete=1 driver=8388745 api=4202629 memory=8176MB max_ubo=4294967295 max_pc=128 max_dimensions=16384 max_aniso=16.00 score=10008176

1.07-tmsysvr_openvr: openvr required device extensions: 'VK_KHR_external_memory' 'VK_KHR_external_semaphore' 'VK_KHR_dedicated_allocation' 'VK_KHR_get_memory_requirements2'

1.09-tmsysvr_openvr: openvr required device extensions: 'VK_KHR_external_memory' 'VK_KHR_external_semaphore' 'VK_KHR_dedicated_allocation' 'VK_KHR_get_memory_requirements2'

With Vulkan in non-VR mode I get this in tm.log

1.59-tmrenderer_vulkan: device: name='AMD Radeon RX 5700' discrete=1 driver=8388745 api=4202629 memory=8176MB max_ubo=4294967295 max_pc=128 max_dimensions=16384 max_aniso=16.00 score=10008176

1.62-tmrenderer_vulkan: using device 'AMD Radeon RX 5700'

I've attached fully copies of both logs

Hi,

I ran into a problem with VR Images not being displayed in my Lenovo WMR Headset when using Vulkan but I'd guessed it was probably something messed up with my OS or Installation,

However I've now completely wiped and reinstalled Windows 10 and I'm still seeing the problem and as before OpenGL work fine.

Has anyone else encountered this and ideally know what I can do to resolve this ?

Thanks

I'm running into problems using my Lenovo WMR headset in Aerofly when rendering is set to Vulcan.

The game window runs fine on the desktop and moves in response to movement of the headset but the display is simply not being sent to the Headset.

OpenGL mode works fine.

A quick glance at the Steam forums suggests that other people may be seeing the same problem (though others are fine) and pointed me at the steam logs.

For me these were in c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs

Within that directory I found C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs\vrclient_aerofly_fs_2.txt

and checking this file showed a lot errors of the follwing type which aren't present when load the game in VR mode with the OpenGL system

Sat Apr 04 2020 16:03:04.568 - Error: LiquidVR OpenSharedImage failed (2)

Sat Apr 04 2020 16:03:04.568 - Failed to create Vulkan image with LiquidVR.

Sat Apr 04 2020 16:03:04.568 - Failed to create Vulkan image from D3D11 resource.

Sat Apr 04 2020 16:03:04.570 - IVRSystem::GetOutputDevice: failed to find VkPhysicalDevice matching adapter UUID

I know some people are getting VR to work fine on WMR devices so is it possible that can have a look at their Steam VR log and confirm if they seem silimar errors or not ?

I've also attached text from the logs for equivalent OpenGl and Vulkan loads of the program

vrclient_aerofly_fs_2(Vulkan).txt

vrclient_aerofly_fs_2(OpenGL).txt

That was interesting - I've been flying over with some custom UK scenery that I'd completely forgotten about - stripping that out allowed Vulkan to

run.

Sorry about that - do you still want the tm.log from this successful flight ?

Ignore that - I just loaded up the Cessna 172SP on runway 32 short at Bern and it crashed again (with texture errors on cockpit model before it crashed) despite the scenery being removed.

Crash log is attached.

When I switch to Vulkan and restart the app runs for a couple of sends (sometimes with graphical corruption on cockpit textures) then the app goes black.

According to the Task Manager the FS2 is still running but Not Responding. I can then shutdown with the Task Manager.

As mentioned before this is a a Ryzen 3600+ and RX5700 system with 32Gb RAM and currently nothing is over clocked I'm currently running the slightly older WHQL ceritified 20.1.3 drivers but was also seeing the issue with the lastest 20.2.1 drivers.

I've attached the tm.log from the most recent try and I've also added DxDiag.txt just in case that's any help

tm.zip

DxDiag.txt

Hopefully this gives you enough information but if there are any question or if you need any more info let me know.