Posts by Tregarth

To expand on this rather brief reply:

1. In Settings go to

2. Graphics Settings and Make a note of the current resolution (saves some grief if you make a mistake later)

3. Click on the left arrow until Window Mode appears.

4. Return to sim.

Running in Windows Mode is a revelation. It is really amazing and really shows AeroFly to good effect.

I have searched the forums and see a reference to Windows Mode. This says go to Settings/Graphics and select Windows Mode (WM). i have done this but don't see WM.

I do see Resolution (2560 x 1600) / Limit frame rate 120fps / Lens flare effect on / 3D graphics Vulkan High quality aliasing on but no reference to WM

How can I run Windows Mode. please?

Thank you,,

Tregarth

Thank you for your reply.

I am using Win 10 but have downloaded AF from the internet (i.e not using Steam) . My copy of the AF program is on my X drive but I have found the F12 screen grab in C:\Users\My name\Documents\Aerofly FS2\Screenshots with a horribly long file name.

Can I suggest you put this in part of a Wiki file to help others?

Regards,

Tregarth

Thank you for this. Your F-18 is a lot better and more "user friendly" than DCS's.

It is a shame such a good HUD is only used in the F-18, it would be really good in another aircraft as well (such as a T-45 Goshawk). If it were used elsewhere then the hard work and time used would be well worth it. Just a thought.

Regards,

Tregarth

Thank you for your reply. Please see the attached screen grab:

For info, I am on approach to LAX RWY 06R with the TCN set to 113.60 the LAX VOR

My questions are:

1. What is the small arrow?

2. What is the big arrow?

3. 8 / Number, this changes but I cannot understand why.

4. What is the diamond for?

5. What does TGT mean?

Finally I can see that to make a screen grab I should use F12 which I did, but I cannot find it in my hard drive so I have used FRAPS, Snipping Tool and Paint.

This plane is very enjoyable to fly and the HUD is very clear and easy to read, Thank you.

Tregarth

I am trying to understand the HUD in the F-19. If I am at KLAX with the ILS tuned to 109.90 I see ILAX and a distance in the HUD. But when I fly a circuit I suddenly see this change to IMKZ and a different distance. Also, there is a green arrow which seems to have a mind of its own, it seems to point to anything but I cannot find which radio nav aid seems to control it.

I have a Saitek radio panel which tunes the NAV1 very nicely but the NAV2 switch has no effect on the green arrow. At one point I thought it could be used as a VOR but that didn't work.

Also, I have tried to land at KLAS and KLSV but although I have the ILS tuned (the ILS bars show in the HUD) the distance to the airfield does not show. Is there a way to make the distance show, please? The distances do not show in the C-172 display either.

The detail in the scenery is truly marvellous and the display in the HUD of the ILS bars and E caret is really good, can the lack of distance display be corrected?

Thank you

Jetjockey 10 That's a pity. Is it straightforward to copy the F-18 HUD and paste it into another plane? I used to copy the F-18 HUD in FSX into the FSX default Cessna. I wonder if it can be done in Aerofly?

I already have the Hawk in XP11; I would buy the Aerofly version if it were "navalised". But, no point buying a new aircraft just for the paint.

Tregarth.

Being a naval aircraft the T-45 has a "navy" HUD with E-bracket and AoA indexer (as modelled in Dino Cattaneo's T-45 for FSX). Will the AeroFly GosHawk have a "navy" HUD, please? The JF Hawk for X-Plane has a HUD but it is really only a bomb sight since this Hawk is not for carrier training.

I have checked the JF website, they are advertising the Aerofly Hawk, and asking people to register an interest, but it seems to be a port of the existing land based version.

An AeroFly T-45 Goshawk would be really good.

Thank you,

Tregarth

Thank you for doing this.

I am still seeing a heliport symbol in Locations

However, I don't seem to be bounced up to 5,000' as before so it looks as if you have sorted the problem out. The trouble is I am not that a good a pilot so I am having to learn how to land safely. All I have to do now is practice. In reality, before an Aviator is allowed to fly out to "The Boat" he must complete +/- 1,000 Field Carrier Landing Practice landings at NAS El Centro or NAS Oceana.

But if you want proof that a hook is not obligatory have a look at "Look Ma, No Hook" https://theaviationist.com/2014/07/16/c-130-land-on-carrier/

Thank you,

Tregarth

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your reply. I have made a manual search of C\Documents, all I could find was a folder Hornet-Heli. I have copied this as Hornet-Heli01

I then searched using Hornet* This is Hornet-Heli02

I could not find a Hornet file anywhere.

I have AeroFly on my X drive so I have searched both X\AeroFly FS2 and X\AeroFly FS2 Flying Simulator AddOns but there was nothing there.

Regards,

Tregarth

According to TomSimMuc post (#4) the Location page shows the Hornet as a runway. But according to my Location page the Hornet is a heliport. The height of the Cessna is +/- 5,000' which probably explains why it jumps up to 5,000' when the nose wheel touches the deck.

I have deleted the original download file and downloaded a new copy but with the same "bouncing" effect. How can I make my Cessna stay on the Hornet's deck, please?

Thank you,

Tregarth

I have tried to land using a newly downloaded file. Still cannot land. I have noticed that in the screen shots you have shown the Hornet is shown as an airport / runway. In my "Starting Location" map the Hornet is shown as a helipad. Is this significant?

I have tried to make a screen grab of the location screen but have not been able to do so.

Thank you,

Tregarth