Posts by Humpi

Noticed the same glideslope behaviour elsewhere. There seems to be a general position offset along the runway between the PAPI position / touchdown zone and the point where the glideslope intecepts the runway. Could have to do with runway elevation and might be easy to fix - or not…

Don’t worry too much. I got it wrong on the Hornet speed tape recently as well. As long as the posts are polite and aimed at improving the Sim it should be OK. And I like the update very much as well. Landing at the lawn of the White House was great fun and the detail is inredible!

@ Admin: Does the CPU have a relevant influence on the achievable framerate when a high level of detail is selected in VR?

Consequently is there any point in upgrading from a decent i9-9900k to something newer?

The reason why I ask: I plan to upgrade from a GTX 2080ti to a GTX 4090 and wonder if the CPU will become the bottleneck then…

Regards, Ludger

After the latest patch VR runs stutter free on my system again. Thank you for the repair! With i9-9900K, RTX2080ti and Reverb G2 stutter free flights are achievable with Vulcan, cirrus clouds and everything set to max at render scale 1.0. Cumulus clouds or higher render scales do cause some stutter when looking sideways. „The other sim“ can not achieve that, even with DLSS.

Hi,

with the latest beta update I get stutters and lower framerates in VR as well. Setup is Core i9-9900K, RTX2080TI, Vulcan. Now even the blue selection-screen shakes in VR when I move my head. That never happened before. Aerofly FS2 still runs smooth, so it is unlikely that Steam VR or the Nvidia driver causes it.

Greetings

Ludger

Moin,

welche Komponenten limitieren eigentlich primär den Render Scale Factor, ab dem das Bild nicht mehr flüssig läuft? Die in VR besser ablesbaren Instrumente beim Faktor 2 wären schon schön. Ich überlege, meine RTX 2080ti gegen eine RTX 4090 zu tauschen, aber die CPU (i9 9900K) zu belassen. Wäre natürlich schade, wenn das bei Aerofly 4 nur wenig bringt, denn das wäre der Hauptgrund für den Tausch…

Gruß,

Ludger

Man lernt eben nie aus. Mir war vorher noch kein HUD untergekommen, das im Stand eine Geschwindigkeit anzeigt und habe deshalb versäumt, das vorher zu recherchieren. Sorry!

Die Abschaltung der Triebwerke bei der EC 135 funktioniert prima, so beende ich jeden Flug. Deshalb ja meine Anregung, das auch bei der F18 möglich zu machen…

Moin,

wo wir hier gerade bei der F18 sind: Das Speedtape im HUD zeigt im Stillstand immer noch über 40 kt Fahrt an. Das wird im Original wohl nicht so sein. Ich fände es ausserdem schöner, wenn man wie bei der EC 135 die Triebwerke starten und abschalten könnte. Nicht notwendig, aber cool...

Dank und Gruß,

Ludger

Hi,

I had a similar effect several times with my Reverb G2. For example with the Ju 52 approaching Innsbruck first one side went black, then both. After some seconds of „blind“ flying the scenery reappeared. I first thought it was a hardware defect of my Reverb, but it only happens with Aerofly FS4. I have the impression that the effect is limited to certain aircraft and it does not happen very often.

Regards,

Ludger

Hi Apfelflieger,

on the PC the file system is a bit less structured. I found all the elevation data for my FS2 addons with the exception of Helgoland. I think for the time being I will use FS2 if I want to fly at Helgoland. But thank you for your hint anyway!

Regards,

Ludger

Hi All,

how is elevation data moved fron FS2 to FS4? Do I move everything into that one folder in FS4 or can I use subfolders to keep things separate? How do I deal with identical file names? I have not yet managed to get the elevation data of Helgoland right in FS4. It looks kind of funny…

Regards,

Ludger

Moin,

ich kenne mich mit der Dateistruktur bei aerofly leider nicht wirklich aus. Welche Dateien muss man von FS2 nach wo beim FS4 kopieren, damit man die besseren Texturen von den FS2 Addons in den FS4 bekommt? Und genauso wichtig - welche darf man nicht kopieren?

Das wäre schön zu wissen…

Danke,

Ludger

I am just using buttons. But I found the reason: If you define the same buttons for flaps up and down in multiengine aircraft as well then you have issues. I deleted those (cosistent) definitions and now the buttons work as expected for the F18.

Regards,

Ludger