Posts by FrankLFRS

Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

With Aerofly FS 4 (December update), macOS.

Prepare a flight plan from Amsterdam to Madrid for exemple (800 NM). Voluntary choose to cruise at FL330. Put the A320 ready to takeoff.

Takeoff.

Use Skip Time.

Everything is OK until you Skip Time brings you to the defined cruise altitude. In this case, at each Skip Time action, the cruise altitude will be increase of 1000 ft. Until reaching FL390. At FL390, the next Skip Time action will maintain FL390 but will set FL CRZ to 40000 ft.

It happens whatever the flight you make, even if you chose FL390 as cruise altitude, even if you start from cold & dark.

It is bearable because when you use Skip Time until reaching descent you retrieve your way (appart the MCDU message that says 40000 ft has been set as cruise altitude).

The initial version of Aerofly worked OK, it appeared a few versions before December.

One more thing, my Mac as 16 GB M1 GPU/CPU memory, Aerofly uses 6 GB, so you can strike the heap. The M1 architecture accept a memory use that goes over the memory size, so you can target something borderline.

Thanks

On Apple iOS the operating system might remove those downloads in case storage becomes low. I am not sure if that is the case on your devices. There is no way for us to tell the iOS system to not remove those files automatically when free storage is getting low.

iOS does not unload data of applications in this case. It only unloads the unused application itself keeping its data locally if the user launches it again.

By the way, the bunch of GB of the regions are even backed up on iCloud so they are considered as data.

This discontinuity bug is represented by an interruption in the pink line that represents the route elaborated on the navigation screen of the simulator. As I explained in the previous post, it is possible to avoid this bug by activating the HDG function so that the plane does not leave the route. After completing the route of the discontinuity, you must activate the LNAV function so that the aircraft resumes following the route. If you are very close to the destination airport and if the approach is ILS, keep the HDG function engaged and adjust the heading according to the final approach course. After intercepting the course, you must activate the approach function so that the plane captures the locator and the glide slope and thus automatically aligns with the runway.

Yes. Like it has to be done in real life (ATC gives vectors).

But, without ATC, a cheat that fills the gap would be appreciated for those who want to use it.

At Salt Lake City the gap can easily be of 20 or 30 NM wide before intercepting the localizer.

You can also use the bearing to a point in PROG page of the MCDU to determine the exact HDG to select.

I don't think these are the same discontinuities as the other ones internally because they are hard coded parts of the arrival/approach.

I confirm that these "discontinuities" are not shown as -- F-PLN DISCONTINUITY -- in the MCDU. Previous versions (when STAR/SID appeared) naturally linked STAR to APPROACH. So I was hoping for a cheat as an option that links them or not. It would be nice to perform a brainless arrival.

Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

For an instant, I believe that it was possible to clear gaps between STAR and APPROACH (in certain case) ;( . I know it is like this in real world but I would really care for a cheat that virtually links the end of the STAR to the beginning of the APPROACH.

Thanks

A developer explained to me via email that pushback is not ready yet and that it might be introduced in future updates. Let's stop criticizing the developers and support more the beautiful work they've been doing in Aerofly 2023. If you're not enjoying the simulator, go to RFS or Fly Wings and don't come and bother with meaningless claims.

Quality and perfection appeals more.

I surfed over many competitors and crushed them, leaving puddles of blood behind me. Aerofly is the best, especially if you think in terms of A320.

When I try to make a flight plan i cannot increase the cruising alt above 23,000. No matter the plane or route.

This maximum altitude is linked to the previous aircraft you used and if you restart or not the application (mobile or desktop).

To get rid of this bug. Start a false session with the plane you wish. Stop it. Quit the application on desktop or quit the application on mobile and kill it. Restart the application.

A320 for sure maybe others, but it also happens with iOS Aerofly FS 2019 to 2022 (maybe 2023) and macOS Aerofly FS 4. On Mac, the problem is masked by the fact that when you quit Aerofly you close it. On iOS, quitting does not close the application, so when you’re back you relocate the plane from a previous session and some cockpit sounds vanish. When I was a big user of Aerofly mobile I used to quit Aerofly by force after each session.

Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS) (Aerofly FS 4)

It's not linked to the Concorde, but I found a problem out because of her.

It was at the moment to intercept the LOC of Dublin EIDW ILS28 shown as 111.3 MHz in the flight planner UI. But no interception, bla bla bla, I fought with the autopilot for another try. Same, missed. Again another try when suddenly I changed the frequency to 111.35 MHz in the Condorde. And OK.

The UI may not display the all numbers or the value on the UI is false.

Best regards.

Oh by the way, a video of the most known competitor about Concorde showed me how the IPACS Concorde is GORGEOUS.

One more thing, is there a way to simulate a yoke with the Thrusmaster Airbus joystick (finally, like it happens in your Airbus A320/A380, it is as if the joystick shifts a virtual yoke)?

When can we expect iOS Version Aerofly FS 2023???????

The AppStore has moved Friday with the vanishing of 2020 and 2021 versions. Only 2022 version remained.

A few hours later, 2022 disappeared and so did IPACS as a developper.

This weekend, the operations are of course frozen.

It should be for Monday or Tuesday I’d say. Unless Apple messed something with IPACS.

And to comfort some who have fully believed when I said that Apple had killed IPACS, it was second degree. (But I heard that Elvis Presley has just married Queen Elisabeth II)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Captain John Tye gave a talk at Brooklands Museum on his time flying the iconic aircraft.

He explains some technical things about Concorde — At the end, there are questions with important responses.