Posts by FrankLFRS

Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

As you must know, on mobile, to use the AUTO BRAKE, you have to wait the AUTO BRAKE light ON (2s MED / 4s LO) before using the slide at 50% brakes (100% brakes cancels AUTO BRAKE). But, if you brake before the AUTO BRAKE light is ON, AUTO BRAKE is cancelled. Braking cancels AUTO BRAKE like when braking with a car cancels speed regulator (it's normal).

How about, in the case of an AUTO BRAKE settings is set, to make possible to use throttle/brake slider to 100% braking, which only launch reverse, then AUTO BRAKE is activated (2s LO / 4s MED later) like it has to be. When releasing the brakes/throttle slider, back to normal, if you use brakes it cancels AUTO BRAKE?

Thank you.

New graphics require a new Aerofly with rework regions with more data to download.

I could imagine that actual regions could be completed with a more buildings download, a trees download… (only for M1 chip devices and very latest iPhone).

But I suppose that it’s a massive load of work!

iPadOS 15 allows 5 GB RAM per application on M1 chip. An application could use temporarily and for a short time 6 GB RAM with 8 GB RAM M1 chip / 12 GB RAM with 16 GB RAM M1 chip,

Hi.

Yes, I think it’s a bit coarse and brutal. But you won’t be trashed here I suppose.

DIRECT and ABEAM are not implanted yet. But it’s in mind I read once.

I one day asked about different weathers at departure and arrival. Even a pushing wind at cruise. Even an automatic adapted weather in function of chosen runways. They answered me, it’s a good idea, but imagine if we implant real weather…

QNH isn’t implanted in the weather but it is in the A320.

And once IPACS says that they designed the traffic to be animated by any other sources than AI traffic. Multiplayers?

We’ll have to wait the next major update as Aerofly FS 2022 (I bet, but who knows). In December I suppose…

Regards

Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS) and IPACS Team,

Flight Plan

What I like to do is to make the flight plan using the user interface. After that I use my iOS personal script to make a screenshot of the flight plan text area only. Then I delete the flight plan to start my flight from zero (using the screenshot from Photos app).

Let’s say that my script is nice ;) , but not enough.

My request would be an option that doesn’t copy the flight plan to the MCDU at start. But there would be a way to pop up the flight plan to enter it manually in the MCDU.

Performances

In the MCDU, there are many cheats to enter values. That is so cool :thumbup: .

The ultimate killer feature would be an enhanced cheat that calculates V1, VR, V2, FLEX, CONF performances in function of the selected runway, winds, etc.

I have another request, I would like to be able to set my favorite THR RED/ACC. The settings would be in feet AGL of course, but perfectly translated into altitude MSL in the MCDU!

And a last request, would be an option to preselect climb speed in CLIMB page potentially usable as a cheat.

Descent profil suggestion

I remarked that the descent profile is calculated waypoint after waypoint as much as the flight progresses. In function of speed, the curves are different so suddenly, passing a waypoint, you can be above or under the descent profile (because of the curve the remaining distance changes). It can reach +/- 2000 feet easily.

[very humble here] why don’t you calculate the descent profil once, estimating and using supposed speed at each waypoint, including constraints. The navigation/descent profile would be engraved in marble, the plane would follow it as much as its NAV and MANAGED DESCENT are on. It’s cheating explained like that, but if it works, it would create the illusion.

Thank you for reading.

Best regards.

Frank

Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

There’s a problem when making a flight plan from zero with the MCDU.

Inserting a SID: no problem.

Inserting a STAR: problem.

Have a glance at the attachment. The arrival is Geneva ILS05

The problem appears when you want to insert the BENO1P STAR (or another). To insert it you have to click on FRI1S STAR.

At first, I thought that the bug was a shifting of 2, because BENO1P STAR is kind of behind LSK1L key if we imagine it in the list position.

After many tests, I think that beneath the screen there are all STARs and not only ILS05 STARs as filtered and displayed.

Feel free to ask me for more…

Thank you. Best regards.

Frank

Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

As you must know there are cheats in the MCDU APPR page for QNH, TEMP, MAG WIND, BARO/RADIO. I love them at all.

But, the cheat about MAG WIND copies the wind inverted and stronger (stronger as it is doubled in altitude).

I've just asked to my pilot friend who told me that this value should be like ATIS or given by TOWER. So in the case if Aerofly, the wind should be the same defined by the user.

See the attachment:

As you can see the wind in the ND is 250°/13, but the cheat enters 067°/14. The selected wind in the wind UI is about 250°/6. The cheat is not linked to the plane bearing or something, it's really inverted and double force.

Thank you.

Hi.

What I exactly mean is that actually:

• Under 20 KTS ground speed, the iPad trackpad controls the steering wheel and probably pitch
    • Above 20 KTS ground speed, the iPad trackpad controls the rudder and pitch
    • Above 0 FT AGL, the iPad trackpad controls the roll and pitch

So what I wonder is:

• How about controlling roll and pitch above 20 FT AGL (instead of 0 FT), and under 20 FT AGL rudder and pitch?

Can someone please tell me if next Aerofly for IOS will take advantage of the insane speed and power of the new M1 2021 iPad pros thanks kind regards I’m just very exited and i need something to look forward to

We can suppose so. Because it’s the only flight sim to have already took care of it 20.21.31. It’s the only real flight sim on mobile 🤣

In Aerofly FS 2019/2020/2021mobile you can stop a flight. But. But when resuming, your plane is where it was. But autopilot is off, speed is different, sound of many buttons are muted, fuel is reset, and others things like this.

HKATER

Thank you for the details about controllers that work.

What I wonder the most is how to control FLAPS, MCDU, zoom & turning view, AUTOBRAKE settings, FCU usage, and so on... with only a controller in hand?

I’ve tried it. It’s cool, it works like magic.

The only problem that bothers me is that the controls are on the iPad. I mean it’s nice about the big screen but you have to look at your iPad to control the plane.

But a game control device could resolve this, if they work on iPad. I don’t know.

Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Since months, I use Aerofly mobile with analog control on the iPad. I set it to work like an Airbus side stick. Gorgeous.

The rudder is on automatic. So the trackpad controls rudder, ailerons and steer wheels. It’s no problem with taxing, takeoff and flying.

However, I encounter a problem when landing. At 20, 10 feet. The trackpad seems to keep controlling ailerons.

Is it possible to only control rudder at this moment?

PS : I tried rudder on Assisted to have separate controls (side stick / rudder), but I look like drunk when takeoff and landing ;) !!

Thanks and best regards.