Posts by stephenelena

The pictures are from the Mac or PC version, I imagine??

the imagery looks fantastic... especially night lighting.

They are NOT from the mobile IOS version? I landed in Basel last week and there are nothing except the NAV aids. Effectively landed on a field :(

Can you confirm which platform these screens were taken?

Thanks

Dear Jet-Pack and fellow aviators,

COVID-19 is probably giving each of us much more time to explore the FS 2020 mobile world. And here I link to the Global question above.

Today I realised that the FS 2020 mobile world is fully populated with fixes, VORs, ILSs, ADFs... essentially everything for IFR flight, EXCEPT the landing strips!!!

Actually even the scenery is pretty good from above 5000ft, with faithful mountains and shading/textures.

Infact, I performed 2 ILS landings at Munich and Frankfurt faithfully following the Jeppesen charts.... but with no runways the landing was a bit bumpy...

My final into Munich airport is shown below.

My question to the IPACS team is simple. You effectively have a GLOBAL navaid database in place for the mobile app (and I assume for the PC/MAC software), so why not populate all the runways with simple runway blocks and edge lighting systems??

I am not saying populate airports, taxiways, complex features, etc. this will arrive with time. I am simply saying to dump all the runways into the database, so that those of us who want to travel beyond California/Nevada/Colorado can explore real IFR navigation to the other parts of the World.

Hell, if I knew how to do it, I would sit myself and enter block runways into the database.

Imagine being able to choose to fly Sydney to Singapore and finding the right runways on take off and on landing, as you come out of the cloud at 2000ft...

So much potential...

Best Regards, Stephen

Hello all,

yes, I was wondering that too... Playing with the speed and altitude constraints but the A320 was not following them.

The flight simulator is really great, and we should be thankful, but it is "in our blood" to always compare with the real thing... and then constriants become a problem!!

I am patient and look forward to future developments.