Posts by aroos

I run FS2 on an Acer Aspire 5 Pro business laptop (Intel i7-8550U quad-core 1.8 GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia MX150_0 with 2GB VRAM, HDD, no SDD). I get 30+ fps on High graphics quality in most areas, including the default scenery, Switzerland and the Orbx Eagle Regional and Innsbruck DLCs, flying GA aircraft like the PA-28R. To get best performance, tune the graphics card settings, close other applications and set the Windows process priority for FS2 to Realtime. It's not a perfect setup, but it works fine. I'm not using VR, though.

Of course this enables them of start the aircraft cold and dark on the parking spot but if you restart the sim it could also be loaded mid air.

I modified the config of my Just Flight Arrow III to be C&D. Then I changed the graphics quality setting during flight and ended up in a cold and dark aircraft 4000' AGL. Interesting, to say the least! At least it glides in this configuration. I'm looking forward to the release of the official C&D capability.

Speaking of which, it would be nice if changing graphics quality did not reset the aircraft. Not for the C&D case (my fault for messing with the config), but there are times when I'm flying in Ultra quality and want to change to High or Medium quality to maintain the frame rate as I approach a built-up area, but that resets everything (trim, engine, autopilot, navigation, fuel, etc).

These are minor issues. Overall, congrats on an excellent sim, and especially the excellent graphics performance with low-end cards.

I'm an ex GA licensed pilot, new to FS2, and really enjoying it. Congratulations to the dev team on a fine sim!

I get 40+ fps on ULTRA graphics despite my low end MX150 graphics card. However, I notice that the cloud formation changes significantly in a discrete step every couple of minutes, rather than changing gradually. It is almost as though the cloud positions are only recomputed every couple of minutes, resulting in quite a significant change that is visually quite jarring.

Is there any setting or config file change that I can make so the cloud positions are recomputed more often and change less suddenly?

Thanks

Andrew