Posts by MasterOneLew

That's technical details we don't want the competition to know :)

For now you will see the same traffic each time you launch the sim so that we can reproduce the same situation 100% of the time. Later on it will fly according to real world traffic schedules how ever we may see fit and hopefully react to the player's position and flight direction.

If it sees real world schedules, what if you turn your internet off or go on holiday for a while? You won’t be able to see them aircraft.

I don’t mind seeing the same aircraft, but I’m wondering what would happen if it followed real schedules.

If you launch the sim whilst on holiday with no internet - will there be no traffic?

The traffic uses real world data but not live real time data. And it's technically not driven by artificial intelligence so we prefer to use the term computer generated traffic (CGT).

We use real world traffic data from 2019 for now because as you may have heard the air traffic in 2020 is pretty much non existent. And we wanted skies full of planes and not aprons full of planes. The traffic module itself is highly flexible though, we're not ruling out data streaming to display real world traffic in real time one day. The displaying of aircraft will also come in handy in case we decide to add multiplayer.

We also researched performance data for more than 700 different airplane types and we now have a huge global airport database with runway information for the air traffic. In case we ever do go 'live' with the air traffic we can make sure that even if the data connection is lost, e.g. if you turn your internet connections off or if the real world aircraft drops off the radar, that we can still keep it flying to its destination on your device as if nothing ever happened.

The military aircraft feature advanced cloaking technologies and anti trace jamming equipment. We'll try to convince them to turn these off haha

So there will be single player and multiplayer? So no matter what this simulator will be always offline atleast.

By it reads the data from 2019, I assume you mean it repeats a cycle? If so, then how?

Does it just read random days or times?

Hi can you please keep this new aerofly 2021 in App Store forever that way i can always have access to it because if you remove it and i have to get a new iPad but dont have access to my account anymore i wouldn’t be able to re download it or access it thank you best regards

Just purchase the newest version.

I don’t think they’ll go above 10 dollars in price. If they do, I’m not sure many people will purchase the game again.

Contrails in the real world don't always show up and we may end up simulating that accurately. So to get rid of them you'd have to change the simulated weather :D But that's something for another day.

I’ve never seen contrails that don’t show up from weather. Contrails usually show up only if your throttle is around 60 percent or above (I think).

This is why you may see aircraft that don’t have contrails in the sky - they’re not at a high enough throttle usually

The trails are just that, a path marker that the airplane took. They are not necessarily contrails as such and we may add actual contrails (which you cannot turn off without changing the weather) which may intensify at greater altitudes.

The trails serve to help identify aircraft in the air and can be turned off during the flight with the multi-function button menu in the top right corner.

Thanks for letting me know this, I thought so.

I have it turned on at higher altitudes since it looks nicer, but at lower altitudes I still keep it on just to see any paths, since the huge text is quite annoying

Also what do you mean “without changing the weather”

Final thread of the day - I promise :D

At London Heathrow, the Approach guides do not seem to turn off even when I turn them off, it’s annoying and strange.

I also have a question about the aircraft trails

Are these trails supposed to act as Contrails?

If so, they should only work on Jet aircraft above 24,000 feet (approximately) but in the game, these trails work on props and at any altitude, are they supposed to be a trail or a contrail?

I managed to get my U.K. scenery installed. This is just a very very minor bug I found and it’s probably in other places than the U.K., but the ST Athan market is way off of where the airport is. When you click on the map marker on the map (near DSA) it moves your camera to St Athan.

Just a minor minor bug I’d share :)

Brilliant idea! This would be a great way to kill time and relax! I second this; should be simple to implement, but has a lot of opportunity for us. Nice idea :thumbup:

I was just playing the sim for a while, and I got bored, so I just sat at an airport and watched the airport but I had a limited view as in the ATC view I was locked onto my plane, and I can’t zoom in enough in the cockpit view. I would love this feature, since the sim can get boring after a while

Hey, so I’m wondering if something like this could come in a future update.

With the new release of AF2021 it brings AI aircraft, now if we could go into an ATC view which isn’t locked onto our plane, that would be amazing for Planespotting!

:)

It would only make sense to hear these if the cockpit also had older instrumentation right? I don't think that's a very popular request though and the amount of work required for that is too much for too little use.

Oh right, I didn’t realise that the cockpit needed older instruments. I just looked and found out that yes they are different.