Posts by Aboim2

Yes, Jan there are some error in the tm.log file that I thought were non-critical.

I am sending the.log file as well.

About the textures I think every object has a color assigned to it.

If it would make easier I can send you all the files of the project.

What I really want is to learn the process of model fabrication.

Tell me if there is an issue to send all the project through here!

Carlos

Would someone be so kind to review my model?

I am following a mixture between PT40Tutorial and Arthur model Shorts Empire S-23.

But I got stuck in Lesson 04 from the tutorial where the model should be visible inside AF, and it is not!

I reviewed it with help of Notepad++ compare plugin and can not find the issue.

Thanks

Carlos

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your reply.

I'll follow on from there.

EDIT-

It didn't run on Windows 10 but as a beginner I'll take the default values from my model guide.

Thank you guys for the massive help anyway!!

Re-Edit:

So sorry but I thing I am very excited with the all process and I didn't give the time to my antivirus run throught the file!

It is working alright!

best regards,

Carlos

Hello everyone,

Reading the manual I understood that Inertia is a parameter that is already as a default to AF, but I would like to understand

how I can input data related with the inertia of the model. I understand that as in all model data eveything is related with 3D axis,

In the example model PT40 we have this data:

<[float64][Mass][1.600000]>

<[tmvector3d][InertiaLength][1.150000 0.100000 0.150000]>

<[tmmatrix3d][Inertia][0.004333 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.179333 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.177667]>

<[tmvector3d][R0][-0.034669 0.000000 0.000000]>

<[tmmatrix3d][B0][1.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 1.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 1.000000]>

<[tmvector3d][C0][0.000000 0.000000 0.000000]>

I understand [Mass] that is the total weight of that specific part of the model.

What exactly mean [InertiaLength]?

Why [Inertia] have 9 fields of data, if we are working with 3 axis?

What are the Labels

[R0] = ?

[B0] = ?

[C0] = Initial Inertia, so obviously it should be 0 in all axis

I believe that this is not so important for the overall model's performance but I would like to know and I can not get it from the manual that I translated from German.

:/

Hi Arthur,

It worked in deed! Thanks a lot!

Now I will try to edit TMC and TMD files.

I was thinking to use CL145 that is in AF by defaullt as a guide but it has only 2 engines.

So I thought better to use one of your models Shorts Empire S-23 if you don't mind because it has 4 engines althought it doesn't have wheels. I suppose it is easier to figure out the wheels section!

thanks once more

Carlos

Hi Arthur,

So I tested what you so kindly sent to me and I got some questions.

Please notice:

The texture file must be a 24-Bit-Bitmap (.bmp) (it has to be a square power of 2, eg.? 64 x64, 128 x 128, 256 x 256, 512 x 512, 1024 x1024 bit).

The color files must have the name <filename>.color.bmp!

The preview file must be preview.png (my example has 1024 x 768 bit).

Now you can put your texture files into the new folder and it should work.

Here you say every image should be "AxB" bit but I think you might want to say pixels right?

I am asking this because I could convert "texture"_color.bmp but not the preview image that is like below.

So this preview.png is not converted to .TTX

Anything I could do to sort this out?

Thanks

Carlos

I am getting an error when converting my textures files to .TTX

First the converter wasn't finding this file, ./af5-model.tmc

so I changed the name of my model .tmc file to this.

Now it doesn't find preview, but I created a preview.bmp and it is in the same folder as all other files.

I tryed to change the name of the .ac file to af5-model.ac but it didn't work

All the textures are saved as .bmp

This is the error log

(...)

// in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out

// of or in connection with the use or performance of this software.

// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

loading tmfile './af5-model.tmc'= (834 bytes) done

ERROR: no preview found

// SUMMARY

0 files converted

0 files up to date

1 errors

0 warnings

0 remarks

Any help would be much apreciated

Carlos

Hi all,

Anyone can direct me what I might doing wrong as I put in my aerofly user music folder a new .mp3 but it doesn't play.

:/X/:/

C:\Users\"simulator"\Documents\aerofly RC 7\music

I checked at the same time the default music and they play nicely.

I cross checked the bit rates and sizes of several music and they are different even the default ones, so no luck in there!

I tried to put the new files in the aerofly root music with the default ones and no success.

The file was named in Camel-Way and I renamed it to all small case.

Any hints I'll be much appreciated.

thanks for your help