Posts by Phil747

I will do an experiment with this. Do you fly real time or fast forward? Which airports do you fly from and to? I will try as in the authors post. Amsterdam to Newark.

Frankfurt to JFK also works, basically anything international that involves flying over the uk, flying from London is fine but it’s where I’m at altitude and get over the coast that it crashes.

I use an iPad 7th gen. And I also have problems flying over the UK. Within the uk it works smooth and all but when I fly intercontinental from the us to Europe it always crashes when I reach the coast of the uk. Therefore I always route past England and it works fine, but a problem in the uk scenery is imminent.

Oh there we go I’m not the only one. At least.

You don’t say which device you’re using. Being in the U.K. I often fly around the U.K. The sim has never crashed on my devices. (iPad Pro and occasionally iPhone XR). Therefore, I don’t see how the problem stems from the U.K. scenery as a global issue. What device do you use?

I use a pretty old 6th generation iPad, but I don’t see why it keeps crashing. I never had a problem with the UK scenery until I tried to do Amsterdam back to Newark. The way out and other flights back between Rome and Brussels worked fine. I don’t feel like reinstalling the sim will do anything this time.

I’m going to say this pretty bluntly: I’m sick of these crashes.

I downloaded AF2023 back in December when it launched, and everything was fine. Until I decided to do a couple flights with the United 78x between Newark and various places in Europe. Rome, it did. Brussels, it did. Amsterdam, it did. The return flight however, Amsterdam to Newark, repeatedly led to crashes. I don’t know why, or how, because it managed the other flights just fine. It seems that the UK scenery is the problem.

I’m writing this now because it’s happened again. After having the sim crash over and over, I deleted and reinstalled it to see if that would fix anything. I take a Concorde out of London, it’s fine. Now I try to fly over southern Britain (as you can’t really avoid while flying between the US and continental Europe), and it poops itself again. Lufthansa 744, FRA-JFK. It crashes just after departure from Frankfurt. I restart the flight 2 hours later, and while flying over Britain, it crashes again.

I really don’t mean to sound frustrated because I love this sim, and I’m not sure if my device is genuinely a potato, or something is wrong with the sim. The fact it’s crashed about 4 times over the UK seems to say something about where the fault is. For reference I always restarted and shut everything down before starting aerofly, to ensure it doesn’t run out of RAM mid-flight. I have a feeling the scenery is dodgy or some small update has broken my sim.

Any advice apart from restarting and shutting down beforehand is appreciated.

From inside the cabin or flying next to the airplane you would not hear a sonic bang at all, even if that sound was already implemented.

In fact the passage of Mach 1 does not create the sonic boom, it's the passing of an airplane already flying faster than the speed of sound that causes the bang in your eardrums.

Wait, what.

I'm gonna try to replay the passage of Mach 1 and see if the bang can be heard.

There’s no apparent sonic boom yet in aerofly; you would have heard it going supersonic with the fighter jets already. Hope it’s something the devs consider for future

You’re very welcome for the help, it’s what the forum is here for : )

Ok. Thx again, everybody.

Gonna try this and whatever the result keep silent.

Don’t keep silent, the Concorde is not an easy aeroplane to get a grip with so I totally understand if you don’t know how to fly it. Just check the Mach indicator at least as you have most likely gone supersonic just not realised it because the IAS was not where you thought it should be. Perfectly understandable :)

landing lights dunno (don't even know where the button is.

Reheat (under the throttle, right ?) Up.

Landing lights are just above your pilots’ head. There’s a crash bar with 4 switches on the left and right hand side (if you can read the writing it should say landing lights)

Taxi turnoff lights are also to the right of said crash bars, two little switches you flick up and down.

Reheats are under the throttle, yes. 4 white very square looking buttons that you should be able to flick up twice if in the off position, the very top setting being contingency (or emergency) thrust

Edit: attached are the locations of the buttons you seem to be looking for. Hope this helps

Thanks, Jan. I didn't know it, though I should have and after you told me about it, chatGPT confirmed it. :)

There's still something you and the bot haven't told me: when I'm btw 20,000 and 60,000 ft, and full throttle and reheat on, how do I speed up?

Now, I'll be eternally thankful if you do. :)

The Concorde isn’t intended to exceed <500kts IAS, after passing 28,000 feet with the reheats on you should be looking at the Mach indicator. Your indicated airspeed will decrease but the Mach number should increase as you gain altitude.

FL280 - reheats on.

Set altitude for 60,000

MAX CLIMB button

cut the reheats at Mach 1.7 ~ FL450-500

The engine rating switches do something, they select the engine mode displayed left of the engine instruments. A white CRZ should illuminate there. Internally it does change a few things regarding throttle but it doesn't really have much of an effect.

Yeah I mean it’s just whenever I click them it feels like it does very little to throttle output or anything like that. Thanks for clarifying.

Can it go to mach 1 on the Android version? Haven't found how yet.

As long as you follow the right profile there should be no discrepancies between each device.

To get supersonic:

28,000 feet, Mach 0.95 (about 384kts indicated)

Reheat switches on (just below throttle)

Set altitude for chosen FL (anywhere between 50 and 60,000 feet)

Hit MAX CLIMB button

The autopilot will decide an appropriate vertical speed to put you at, and once the afterburners kick in you should be supersonic.

Then to hit Mach 2 you take the reheats off around 50,000 or once you hit ~Mach 1.7 (I find this personally comes about FL450), and re-enable ALT ACQ(UIRE)

ENGINE RATING switches into Cruise at FL500 ( Jet-Pack (IPACS) do these do anything yet by the way?)

Choose a vertical speed and inch up to FL600.

Come descent, start losing altitude around 280-300 miles out, you’ll need it to lose the altitude and airspeed and Concorde has no flaps, autobrakes (for the ground) or spoilers for in flight use. Pick a landing speed around 177-182 knots.

It's really really complex and laborious to add cold and dark on mobile devices.

That doesn’t say it can’t be done…

The 77W? 747? A320? Can all be shut down and started. The Concorde just works differently and needs the engineer’s panel to be functional to achieve any sort of engine start.

The engines of the Concorde are quite complex in the real world and require a few new engine components before we can fully simulate them with engine start, reheat, intake ramp, variable exhaust nozzles and buckets as well as spill doors. It's on the todo list but other things like push back have priority at the moment.

:)