Posts by Phil747

Hi,

So, first I was flying the 747 and wondered why, after the recent patch that made all the cockpit text so much clearer (thx btw it really helps), the analog altitude gauge is still really blurry (forgot to insert image but there it is)

Also, was wondering if, like the 777 and now the 320, the registration in the 747’s flight deck could change with each airline/livery, since the 777 has always done this and now the 320, would just make it a bit more realistic because flying a Delta livery with a KLM registration in the cockpit doesn’t feel quite right, if you know what I mean

Thanks

My personal ones would be:

Gameplay:

Adjustable weight and balance

Fuel consumption in 77W and 747 —> cold and dark for those two aircraft

Boeing GPWS callouts

Tire smoke on airliners and fighters

BIG MAYBE: An aircraft carrier so we can practice F18 landings and also trying to grease a 747 on a 600 ft carrier deck ;)

Regions:

Edit: 3D buildings for city of Phoenix and Tucson because they got removed in 2021 due to Arizona receiving higher resolution scenery

Pacific Northwest, since the map in-game is rendered that far but in 2021 we got south Florida and Britain which I wasn’t expecting (still cool tho)

Maybe NYC because Florida is a region detached from the others in-game already, as in it’s not connected to any other fly able regions

And also maybe North Florida which would include Orlando and Jacksonville since we have the south and keys now

Hoping that some of these make it into 2021 updates (like the cold and dark one for 2020) or in a future release)

Edit: Jet-Pack (IPACS) thanks for the reaction :)

I think tire smoke and adjustable fuel should be in this game, since the fuel would make flights so much more realistic, maybe 777 and 747 callouts and cold + dark for both of them, and then tire smoke would make landings so much cooler. Just my suggestions since something like pushback is supposedly very hard to model and implement (quote from another thread)

Oh ok it’s a 2018 6th generation iPad 9.7. I discussed the specs with admin but I don’t quite remember them. 2GB of ram as well. By the way after the update all I seemed to get were more aircraft at the stands not more varieties. Just more Continental 737s and an occasional Northwest Airlines

I haven’t been here in a while so I believe an old conversation regarding this issue with admin and FrankLFRS was deleted for some reason, but I just wanted to know (I have also just seen an update for higher text resolution on less powerful devices) whether app crashes at Heathrow are still a thing. I had to turn clouds and AI traffic off in order for the game to work, it’s been a while so I wanted to know if this issue was being worked on

Thanks

Edit: Jet-Pack (IPACS) could you move this post to a different thread because I created a new one and it doesn’t make sense why it’s in an android bug thread when I use an iOS device

Hope it's ok to post multiple times, I thought to keep one item per post, for clarity.

Uk region has tiles that are quite lowres compared to the rest. Eg West or Bristol, but there are quite a fewaerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/28062/

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/28063/

Oh yeah, well first there’s the lines on the actual map itself which are from when the scenery was acquired by IPACS. As for the lowres part, there are multiple areas I’ve seen this, where in-game the terrain switches from well-rendered to blurry. One part near Denver, another in LA mountains, near Big Bear and San Bernardino airports. Must be normal because some areas don’t need hi resolution because there’s nothing there in some cases. Cities and big areas are higher res though, which is all that matters 😀

I reinstalled the game last time because this was happening - I was into rewarded with my regions refusing to download. This is after the latest update. Not a problem with downloads as such, but the fact that whatever I try to do at Heathrow, the game crashes. Is anyone else having this problem?

I spawn near Southend at 41,000 feet in a 777, I get near the airport - game crash

Spawn on the ramp at Heathrow - crash

Spawn on long final for 27R - crash

8000 feet directly above in a Cessna - crash

I tried stansted to see if any other big airports were crashing but onto Heathrow seemed to. This was a problem before the update too but I thought I’d try the same thing again post update only this time to be met with the same result. Anyone else having this issue if so pls let me know here, or if a mod could tell me why this is happening that would be great too

Thanks

Sorry I had the wrong plane. I had chosen the B-777 in FS2021. Is there a list of aircraft that can be cold and dark? Thanks Reinhard

There’s no list but I can give you all the cold and dark aircraft now:

A320

Learjet 45

King Air C90

Baron 58

C172

That’s it but I’m hoping that over the lifespan of this game we get cold and dark for the 777 and 747, and maybe pushback at some point too.

Slight problem.

I know that the crashes in UK scenery were fixed, but my 2018 iPad just crashed about 7 times when trying to approach Heathrow. The first few times I spawned at altitude trying to bleed speed and altitude when far out from the airport, cumulus clouds on “full” seem to make the game really laggy. After turning those off I tried again, bearing in mind I was in a 777 at 40,000 feet and speed wouldn’t stop increasing despite having spoilers deployed. Got to around 522 knots and the game crashed. The last times were spawning on final to 27R. The loading screen wheel moves, then stops for a second or two and then the whole app crashes. Either the game is still bugged, or it’s fine and it’s my device that needs replacing. US scenery is mostly fine, although I think it crashed when I was tryna fly and F18 from KNZY to KNQX, app crashed somewhere over Southern California. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I’m reinstalling the app and ensuring nothing is running in the background

Omg this update actually fixed everything. I have ground vehicles and so many more aircraft on the ramps and jetbridges at Miami intl when I didn’t have them before! Thanks devs you’re the best 🥰

(FYI these planes in Miami are still Continental 737s and American -8s, I’ll check other airports to see if there’s a variety now or not)