Posts by Phil747

I have some doubts. What are cross country flights, local flights, flight trace, advanced view movements and landmarks? Can anyone explain to me what these options that appear in the simulator settings menu are and what they are for?

The cross country flights, local flights etc are to do with AI traffic. How many flights are long haul compared to short haul etc.
    Flight trace is AI aircraft info enabled or disabled.
    Advanced view movements were added ages ago, they allow the camera to move further than just from the seat to reach buttons across the flight deck.
    Landmarks point out areas in cities, displayed as white text above the area. E.g if enabled in LA area could be ‘Beverly Hills, LA International, Financial District’ that kinda stuff.

That would take forever- 3d designing a cabin takes a while so this is unlikely. Not a big deal. The new wingviews are great (except for the A380 and LearJet which got messed up)

the LJ45 has had an interior for ages...

also on this note to eventually get an inside view on the concorde where you can see the displays near the front of the aircraft which display Mach speed, ground speed, outside temperature and altitude would be cool. Something like this:
    (taken from a video of the DC Designs Concorde in MSFS but regardless it's the best looking display, the Colimata one has the same thing but it doesn't look as good.

Hey, i don’t want to be slaughtered in this forum but i have an image that might help answer some of this.

It doesn’t explain everything, so as far as i know i think RNAV deals with altitude and speed at the same time? (Someone correct me on that I’m not too sure either)

As far as the approaches go, i hope this might help

Jet-Pack (IPACS) i was gonna make a new thread but are we gonna be able to change the flight number that is displayed on the left hand screen in the 787-10? I find it a bit annoying having used the 787 many times in the sim that it’s always stuck to either say [airline ICAO]787 or 001. Also would it ever be possible to implement a date tracking system that could display the real date in the aircraft rather than again having it frozen to ‘17 JUN 16’? Just asking, if it’s not possible, or is in the works it’s fine I’d just like to know

Your suggestions are excellent. I hope they are put into practice by IPACS in the future. You mentioned something that is very important in a flight simulator, which are the weight and balance settings. We also hope to see these settings in future versions of Aerofly.

also forgot about this bit but weight and balance on the concorde would be great, especially as it burns fuel like no other modern airliner. that would require it to be able to shut down though, and i dont think that's possible with the way IPACS built it.

An all tubeliner SIM would be something to own. IPACS would be the industry leader if they did something like. Ya baby, lets do it ! lol 😉👍Hint Hint, Nudge Nudge 😉

im not tryna give you ideas man but im just saying, with 2 fighters, an italian trainer/aerobatic jet, a cessna, something like 2 or 3 choppers and the same number of gliders, i dont think IPACS are trying to turn Aerofly into DCS which is seemingly what this other dude wanted ^^^

Phil747, the F-35 family(the F-35A actually) is a huge win win. Along with the upcoming chinese J-35 Gyrfalcon family, we'll have a true 5th gen battle for sure. The F-16(F-16V block 70/72) is very needed for going against other fighter aircraft, like the J-10C from china. As for the F-14 and the F-22, not at all. We don't need these fighters(the F-14 is old and the F-22A is just so obsolete, like not worth it). Also, we need more modern F-15 and F/A-18 variants to counter with other fighters, which china has fighters that are almost at the american fighter level, unlike russia's fighters that don't have enough serial numbers and are not good at all when it comes to air fighting and ground support(they're obsolete too). So American, European, Chinese and Middle Eastern fighters are needed in the game(except for russian fighters). We need aircraft carriers and strike groups along with air force and squadron liveries, and weaponry for said fighter aircraft.

Dude this is aerofly not DCS 😂😂
    I’m actually slightly offended though because the F14 is a 1980s Top Gun classic, how could you? The main focus of this sim is airliners and light aircraft, if you want those others go and play DCS, all my last post was about getting maybe 1 more fighter to join the F15 and F18 which are already in aerofly. You took this wayyyy too seriously 😂

All of this sounds good, BUT:
    There should be a Qantas livery for the 747 and an updated Qantas livery for the A380

Delta/KLM/Airfrance/Condor/Swiss/Qantas/Virgin Australia/China Airlines A330s would be good

Were you the one posting a ‘flawed QF livery A380’ in the gallery or was that someone else?

Something tiny is wrong with the qantas 380 livery and i have no idea what 😂

lot of good responses here, let me just offer my thoughts. In the future of Aerofly' I'd love to see:

- Trent 1000 added for 787 variants

- RB211 added for 747 variants

- Virgin Atlantic 744 livery

- A320 sharklet variants accurate to IRL counterpart - if the real aircraft which the Aerofly one is based from lacks sharklets or does have them, it should reflect in the sim. e.g G-EUUL, the BAW320 in AF has sharklets even though the real one doesn't.

- maybe a 757-200 if the RB211 and PW2000 get good sounds, there's also a decision of whether to go for a 757 that has a full glass cockpit or has still retained some of the old analog gauges eg artificial horizon

- A330-300 has a lot of good liveries as previously listed so a good consideration for future airliner: Air France, Finnair, KLM, Virgin etc

(possibly either the 330-300 or add the -900NEO variant?)

weight and balance settings (doing a 13 hour flight with an FOB figure frozen at 47 tonnes is a tad unrealistic :S)

- another warbird sounds like a good shout, maybe a P51 Mustang, Spitfire Mk IX, or something slightly more modern like an F14/F16/ F22 or 35

- many of the airliners at least offer structure to build other variants from them. From the A320, 747-400, 787-10 and 737-900 other variants could be built eg 320NEO, 747-8i/F, 737-700 or -800, 787-9 or 787-8, could even build the 772ER or 77L out of the 77W

what do you guys think?