Posts by Phil747

Which aircraft have ‘approaching minimums’ callouts and which ones are replaced by ‘decision height’? I might be going crazy but I swear there was one Boeing aircraft that has the GPWS call it minimums over decision height but I’ve just landed 3 Boeing aircraft (777, 747, 787) and none of them have the callout as minimums, all ‘decision height’. Since the airbuses all call ‘Minumums’ before landing I definitely know it’s a Boeing that does it correctly where the others don’t. Is this also how it is IRL? I’ll check some landing videos but I’m pretty sure most of the real airliners are geared for ‘minimums’ and that ‘decision height’ is just an Aerofly thing.

Cheers

Upon completing a few more flights with it I found that the aerofly one can exceed skin temperature of 130C, but it was weird how the airspeed indicator even at 57000’ showed that the airspeed can be far higher, and another Mach indicator needle maxed out above 2.2, but the main Mach indicator with the readout capped at 2.07 or thereabouts… 🧐

It probably is that the turn anticipation of the route is broken again. The autopilot just flies what the route gives it and if that leg switching happens too late then the autopilot can't make the plane turn hard enough with the bank angle limit that it has.

Oh i see. is there a need for this to be fixed then or is this what should happen anyway?

it tends to just disconnect and i think try to fly whateevr heading is set in the heading bug, although actually if it did this exactly surely it would straighten out once hitting the heading. It doesn't (the concorde doesnt at least, dont quite remember what the 787 did)

I also encountered this problem on board the C172 when I activated the HDG on autopilot

hm. maybe the autoflight systems need touching up cos this happens in tht 787, concorde, and the 172 as well?

or just a fix to ensure the LNAV system doesn't keep routinely disengaging as my case with the 78-10 and concorde, it takes a turn and then ends up in a circle for some reason.

Edit: is there also a way to get Concorde anywhere past about mach 2.09? just that from various MSFS livestreams I’ve seen people have gotten it to about 2.15 if not 2.2 with the skin still less than 127C whereas Aerofly’s one seems to cap out at 2.04-09, 60,000ft, skin temperature maxed at 127 degrees.

Just wondering if we’ll get more liveries for the Concorde (other variants of red BA livery already), potentially other regions like the Caribbean so we can fly to Barbados or Rio across the Atlantic, and maybe in the future some Concorde interior detail? Even just to have some kind of interior modelled so that we can see the displays that were put up in the cabin for passengers to be able to see the Mach number, cruise speed, cruise altitude and outside air temperature. Since we have this iconic aircraft in the sim, it would be nice for features to be continually added in updates.

Also as a side note, is the shimmer/shine on every aircraft’s skin going to be changed? It wasn’t ever there in 2022 and I’ve not been a fan of this when 2023 was released..

I have extensive experience in reporting detailed bugs on mobile flight simulators and have helped developers correct these issues like X-Plane Mobile for example. But the preparation of these reports is quite laborious and I even spend about 1 hour and 30 minutes producing them outside the time I spend investigating the bug in the simulator and reproducing it accurately. I can commit to writing a highly detailed report but I need you to help me too because the more people report the same problem gets even better for it to be identified and corrected. For this specific bug it is necessary to record a video for developers to understand and identify the problem. The video needs to be recorded at the exact moment the bug occurs. At least here for me it has happened several times from the Boeing 787 LNAV and VNAV functions if they turn off on their own without my interference. When they turn off I turn them back to continue the flight.

I won’t be back in a 787 until probably next week, I did Newark to Madrid today on the 773 and will fly back to Madrid at the end of this week. My next flight will probably be Newark to lisbon so if this does happen again I’ll definitely try to record it. Saying that, LNAV hasn’t disconnected for me recently, I think it might just be the steep turns in the flight plan (although ThomK didn’t seem to have a problem). It’s hard to anticipate when the lnav will disconnect and what conditions have to be met but if it happens while I’m monitoring the climb out of Newark, or even when I get down route to lisbon I will definitely record the replay and show my complete lack of interaction which still causes a pretty crucial flight mode to just disconnect. Maybe my sim is cursed 👀

Sorry the Post was supported to be sent to Phil 747🤦

Hello. Never expected this to fail for anyone else but it’s just something I’ve noticed, maybe cos my flight plans have some very steep turns in them or I wasn’t doing something right, but I kept finding that LNAV would just come out by itself on occasion. I need to query the devs regarding some stuff with the 777 but Jan is aware of this bug with the 78’s LNAV and I hope he will find a way to fix it sometime.

I’ve no details but I have the same issue in the UK region with the B787 Lnav function.

Yeahhh this doesn’t just happen in one region 😂 it’s how the LNAV has been programmed and keeps missing or overshooting turns, or even disconnecting, leaving the airplane in a turn over paris while you think it’s cruising over the Atlantic 😭

A bigger issue I’ve found with the UK is constant and consistent app crashes over the south eastern portion of the country. Just the way a route like Amsterdam to Newark takes it over Britain, I found I was getting crashes in pretty much the same place every single time. Now I have to fly round this part which is easily done because france is just across the channel :)

Thank you for the report, can you please post a screenshot of the navigation menu from you exact route and can you tell us where exactly this occured?

Also, I assume you were just using the autopilot inside the cockpit and not the copilot menu on screen?

Oh it’s genuinely not meant to keep coming out. Okay then. Happened just outside Paris CDG although I expect it can occur anywhere, A/P just didn’t want to track the route I guess and lnav just went “nah im good”. The circling im guessing came from an apparent switch to heading mode cos it followed any heading i put in, but yeah LNAV just decided to keep disconnecting

now I might just be really stupid, but I’ve just gone to check on my CDG EWR flight (787) and it’s been in a turn for the prior almost 3 hours. What happened was I took off, perfectly okay, turned, and set LNAV and cruise altitude. For some reason the LNAV keeps disconnecting as I enable it for about 20 seconds and then it decides to disengage, which is why it’s been in a turn for the last 2 and a bit hours. My question is, why? Am I missing something from engaging LNAV or is it just being dumb? I’ve never known LNAV to just magically disconnect on any a/c type. Is this a massive bug or is this supposed to happen? I’m really peeved off as I genuinely thought I was getting a problem free flight. 2 1/2 hours later it’s still over paris. smh.