Posts by Mayven

Thanks again Jan,

I followed your instructions:

Aircraft here: /Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/aerofly RC 10/aircraft/

Aircraft Modifications here: /Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/aerofly RC 10/aircraft_mod/

And can confirm that they work :)

However, 3rd party sceneries from RC8 and RC9 crash RC10 when I try to load them (or don't appear). Do you have any tips on a fix for this or is it a bug that I should submit?

Thanks everyone, I have it sorted now - there are two directories to consider:

1. All 3rd party planes go into this directory:

/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/aerofly RC 10/aircraft

2. All custom configs of planes go in this one:

/Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/aerofly RC 10/aircraft_mod

Thanks Jan - I've found:

/Users/xxxx/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-rc-7

/Users/xxxx/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-rc-8

/Users/xxxx/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-rc-9

but no ⁩/Users⁩/…/Library⁩/Containers⁩/com.aerofly.aerofly-rc-10-mac/⁨

No, I included both expansion packs in that price. I don't know exactly what the euro prices are - but if they are the same discounted rate I'm seeing in Australia it will be something like 60 euro for the sim, and 35 for each expansion pack. This means MacOS users will be paying only 10-15 more Euro than the windows users who upgrade from RC9. That's not too bad I think.

Hey good news - there is an effective upgrade path for MacOS users at the moment.

Although Aerofly RC 10 is not sold at a discount for Mac users who have RC9, it is sold cheaply on steam. As far as I can understand:

130 Euro Aerofly RC 10 on Steam (Full version) - can't be upgraded to RC11, works on Linux, MacOS and Windows.

199 Euro Aerofly RC10 from Ikarus (Full version) - windows only, can be upgraded to RC11 in the future.

119 Euro Aerofly RC10 from Ikarus (Upgrade from RC9) - windows only, can be upgraded to RC11 in the future.

This is a lot cheaper than the 199 Euros I feared - and at only 11 euro more than the Ikarus upgrade from RC9, seems like good value for Mac users looking to update to RC10.

You guys have to do what makes sense for you and I really appreciate the fast and clear response.

Likewise, I have to decide whether it is worth purchasing Aerofly RC 10 at full price, given I have already have RC 7, 8 and 9. It is a harder decision to make than for windows users.

But in any case, I’m really pleased you are still actively improving Aerofly RC. It is good to have the option.

I see you are releasing Aerofly RC10 on steam dual licensed for MacOS and Windows. And also that Aerofly RC9 Windows users can upgrade to RC 10 at a discount.
    Will you have an upgrade path for MacOS users who have purchased Aerofly RC8/9 on the App Store? How would it work?

Specifically, I have Aerofly RC 7, 8 & 9 licenses from the Apple App Store. Will I be able to purchase a discounted Steam RC10 license?

I am really looking to Aerofly RC10 - thanks for your hard work.

I hope there will be tools for sceneries and planes

Yeah - I also fly RealFlight and the best feature they have is its customisation. For example, you can edit any airfield from within the program and creating new colour schemes for planes is widespread. It would be great if tools for new sceneries and planes were reintroduced into Aerofly RC.

Dear all, I would line to know what are the compatible rc télécommande for Rc9 on a MacBook Pro 2021. I don t find any clear infos on the internet (except for PC users). I have a dx6 Spektrum, but I guess I won t be able to use it with rc9, cause the Spektrum recepter dongle is not Mac compatible.

The Spektrum WS2000 dongle works on a macbook pro 2019 with aerofly RC8 and 9 for sure. No problems at all.

WS2000 Wireless Simulator USB Dongle | Spektrum

Hi there - I am mid way through creating a new panoramic scenery for Realflight RC9, and I thought it might be a good time to create one for Aerofly at the same time and give it to the community here.

My goal is fairly modest - I have a high resolution panoramic photo of the field, and the main thing I want to do is create the field in the sim so that it looks great along with making basic collisions possible for the buildings, trees and fences.

Has anyone documented how to do it? I've had a look at the Aerofly 5 manual and it seems to be entirely concerning the creation of planes. It did mention that a license file would be needed and that is a complication. I have a full MacOS licence for Aerofly RC 8 and 9, and Windows (steam, standard) license for Aerofly 7. Is that going to be a problem?

I can muddle my way through most of this, but some help on how to use the af5-createpano-x64.exe executable along with its expected inputs etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any help - M.

Hi guys,

When you get a moment could you please fix the following crash?

Software: Aerofly RC9 (all versions so far as I aware)

What occurs: Instant crash on Aerofly Rc9 whenever two Veloxity aircraft appear together on the display.

Repeatable: Yes -

* Either two people fly Veloxitys on multiplayer or

* Load a Veloxity for both player 1 and player 2 or

* Record a Veloxity flying and then play it back while still having a Veloxity on screen

System: MacOS Ventura (both Intel and M1)