Posts by OKTwister

Absolutely. We have enough big airliners for now. I want something that feels different in the sky and the 747, 777, 787, and A380 are all similar in how they feel and the types of routes you will fly and where you will fly out of. The A220 is a beautiful plane and a nice size to fly. I’m particular grateful for the new CRJ. A wonderful choice and a perfect plane for the places available in the sim.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) I set up the same route and started my descent and turned on autopilot. Speed brakes immediately deployed. The plane did not attempt to descend with the navigation marks while it slowed. Instead it followed the flight path and entered a moderate descent of 600 fpm which allowed the airspeed to bleed down to 250. Autopilot set the airspeed to 200. The plane followed the flight path to LAX but was about 7000 feet above the nav markers. At 6 nm from the runway and 9000 feet up it finally deployed 10 degrees of flaps at 203 knots. It then followed the flight path seen below, not adding any flaps the entire way until right base when it added full flaps. I will try the approach again and see if I can get speed brakes to stay deployed once I start the descent on autopilot and switch it off to stick with the nav markers.

*Update… next approach speedbreaks worked without ever going to autopilot. So all I can think of was there was an issue coming out of autopilot that wouldn’t allow me to deploy them. I’ll let you know if it repeats. That bird still doesn’t like to slow down and come out of the air! I love it! It’s a beautiful plane.

*Yes I have those assists off.

I don’t know if this is a bug, or if the settings or physics are off, or if I’m doing something wrong. I’m guessing it’s me. I want to love the Dreamliner and I am SO grateful that we have this beautiful plane. But I just did three separate go arounds because I could not slow the plane down. Flaps won’t deploy and the speed brake won’t deploy until I’m under 200 knots (pulling all the way down on the throttle). So as I approach the airport on a standard descent I cannot get my speed below 250 and nothing will deploy so my speed stays the same or even starts slowly increasing as I descend. I couldn’t even get my gear to deploy. Any advice from you pros out there? Thank you!

I have hit it by accident when doing replays. Fortunately I didn’t lose my replay or where I was. But I agree, an option to disable it or putting the button farther away from the view and autopilot controls would be good.

Really hoping for Oregon and Washington. It would be a beautiful place to fly with a great variety of scenery. I would love to fly Seattle to LA and SFO. I would pay $20 for Washington and Oregon if it was good quality! Thank you for the update! Communication with the community is so appreciated!

I would like to suggest at least enough “moonlight” or starlight that you can see the ground scenery. Total blackness does make it feel like you are fought through nothingness and it does detract from the experience. I LOVE the runway lights and landing lights. It would be wonderful to really feel like I’m traveling between airports.

I have wondered about this before and my understanding is that the file sizes would be MASSIVE if all this land area was HR all throughout. So the team places higher resolution textures closer to cities and airports in favor of more land area covered. Coming in on final with high res textures is an awesome sight to see, especially on a mobile device. Better yet, the mountains in central Switzerland are STUNNING. I was disappointed yesterday that the Austrian Alps weren’t the same resolution.

I think that the lack of consistency in the texture resolution is distracting and takes away from the immersion of the experience. I do wish the high res all throughout the regions was an option.

I get Aero 2021 scenery holes at Eagle Colorado finals with low cloud and all the nav aids tuned in on the Dash 8. I’d expected this to be due to my old 10.5’s lower performance. It would be nice if this is absent in Aero 2022.

(I checked that I didn’t have lots of app pages open in the (annoying) iPadOS 15. They have to be actively closed down, my first Aero session had nine background pages open).

8GB RAM, 128GB storage version 12.9 pro.

I’ve had this happen too. It doesn’t seem to happen in the same place. I’ve also had airport scenery disappear on final approach. All the land around the airport and the runway is just suddenly turns fuzzy. It’s rare but it happens. it’s happened at Aspen multiple times. I don’t remember it happening before about six months ago.

Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS) are we going to see more of the United States in future updates? Like New York, Seattle, and more?

I just really want Washington and Oregon added. On the map they look like they are nearly ready to go. A little clearer than other areas when you scan the map and I had seen somewhere it was being worked on. Just lots of different scenery with ocean, mountains, and desert. Would be a great variety in a relatively small area.

I’m so grateful for all of the hard work and updates being done by the developers. I love Aerofly. I will say that the thing that keeps me coming back to Aerofly the most is the scenery that makes the experience so engaging. I’m thrilled about the prospects of “most of Europe” especially if we get more of the Alps at a high resolution. The parts of the Alps that are already at a high res are absolutely magnificent, especially with clouds.

Two questions:

1. Do we know if the mountains that are at a lower resolution in Switzerland (and the parts being added - hopefully Mont Blanc, northern Italy, France, and Austria) will be higher res like the ones south of Interlaken? I would love to have the choice to download all HR textures if I have room on my device.

2. There was once talk that Washington and Oregon were next to be added in the US. Is this true for this release or will there be any other US scenery added?