Posts by ThomK

I'm a real life pilot, though not an airline pilot, just a glider pilot :D

But I know this stuff because I read quite a lot in the flight crew operating manual (FCOM) and also programmed the MCDU for Aerofly.

I only fly RC Models ( ASW22, Schleicher) 4m Wingspan 😀👍🖖

I have an issue where planes start to slightly turn left (occasionally right) during takeoff.

The thrust is equal, no rudder input.

No winds.

The plane is set to takeoff position from locations menu.

This happens with multi engines planes too.

Watch a Real Plane take off on YouTube. And You will understand. It's normal for single Engine Airplanes anyway.( Engine Torque)

Press the HDG Button and slide it up at the same time.

Hey IPACS, in the good ol' USA, companies (both private and government agencies) have the practice of hiring summer co-ops (usually college students for just the summer break) to do little odds and ends jobs both to give them relevant work experience and to evaluate for potential future full term employment and pay them pretty much minimum wage and minimal benefits as temporary hires. In your case, I recommend taking a summer co-op from your local college/university who has 3D Blender skillset (even an art major maybe) an task them with modifying your SDK DR400 to have a G530 + G430 combo replace the existing analog radio navigation instruments. That would also allow you to verify that your existing codebase support for G530 and G430 carried over from AFFS 2 still works or debug it so that it does work. Then once that is known, if there is still time left before school starts have them work on the C172 and Baron 58 to update those to G530/G430. If time runs out, then at least you know it works and once your full time 3D artist finishes mucking around with all those jetliners, maybe they can spend a month or so doing the update for the C172 and Baron 58.

I'm curious about the Answer from IPACS.

Now that's a bit of an exaggeration to meddle in IPACS Business. You certainly know better how to run Your Business.

I know and confirm the existence of this bug since Aerofly 2022 but I never reported it because I forgot. Good of you to remember. In fact, the LNAV and even the VNAV of the Boeing 787 turn off by themselves some time after takeoff and while the plane is climbing to cruising altitude. This problem has occurred to me several times. If you are able to reproduce this bug to show the developers I suggest you record a video as it is better for them to understand the problem. When you record the video reproducing this failure, make a simple edit to the video circling the LNAV and VNAV of the Boeing 787 in red at the exact moment when these functions turn off by themselves.

I don't know but I tried all the departures from Paris Today and didn't find a single Error. VNAV and LNAV don't turn Off for me. I think You're making a mistake somehow. It can't be that it works for me and not for You. Unfortunately, the Screenshot of You is not accurate and blurry. My Speed is 240 IAS (Autopilot ON, Autotrust ON) and only increases in the second 90°+ Turn. A Screenshot of Your exact departure procedure would help too. It's very peculiar though.

Maybe reinstalling the Simulator would help too?🤔🖖