Posts by douglas55

Thanks for responding everybody. Your advice was helpful 😔

Not one of you's bothered to offer advice or help me out. What did I do to deserve that...? Boy you guys are so tight knit and clicky.

Hi :·)

I recently bought the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Edition, and I'm using it on Aerofly FS 4. Now the joystick works just fine. The thing is that there are a handful of problems with the calibration of the quadrant, more precisely, the thrust levers and the flaps and airbrakes levers as well.

The thrust levers are totally inverted, which I don't know how to solve. Now to give it "full" throttle (which is the bottom of the levers), it asks me to take the reverse-thrust part of the levers. I'd like that 0% throttle was the IDLE detent and the 100% was the TO/GA detent. Still, it's inverted and it's a complete mess.

The other problem is that the the flaps and airbrakes levers are acting weird: they ain't inverted, but when I push them down a little bit, the airbrakes/flaps go down completely.

Please help

There's really isn't any calibration, its plug n" play. There are 2 icons on the upper right of the controller screen when you select each controller to interface with FS4. They both look like controllers with circles round them, One says "delete all assignments for this controller" and the other icon says "set controller to default assignments". First clear all assignments once you've plugged it into your PC, then set to default and adjust accordingly....OR.....you can just clear all assignments and set your control features up manually to your own preferences in the interface screens (ie: airplane, helicopter, general settings). You don't really need to install the drivers for the throttle quadrant. I didn't, I just plugged er in, and away I went.

We have a throttle glitching issue. I just fired up FS4 this morning and proceeded to use the A380 from Venice to Heathrow and the throttles keep moving on their own, I tried the A320 and the 737 and all the airliners are doing the same. I cant get them to lock on "CL" once I have the autopilot set. Helicopters are fine but something is wrong and I haven't a clue what's wrong. My beloved FS4 is broken and I'm sad now. :(

Looking like I go back to a 43" now after everybody's input. As far as surgery, I'm only 57, my eyes aren't that bad yet. I have 2 sets of glasses. One set for reading, computer, etc. (office transitional) they call them, and my other ones for driving with transitional bifocal's, tinting, polarized, etc. I drive for a living so I needed glasses to keep my license.

Main reason I went 50", my eyes, wearing glasses now 😔 but I find it to be harder on my eyes now and I think because its too big, I rub my eyes a lot now looking at the screen and im 4 feet away from it. Maybe time to go back to a 43" like I had before the 50".

yes its my PC monitor. I thought I'd go bigger to the 50" but after a few months now I'm realizing maybe I went too big. I'd be curious to know if there is anybody else here using a 50" like me...? 🤔

Has anybody else went from a 50" TV to a smaller TV, like a 43". I'm thinking of downsizing. Not sure if I want to stay with 50" or not. I'm starting to feel the 50" is too big. Any advantages to downsizing...?

Dear IPACS,

I'm looking into purchasing RC10 as a 2nd RC SIM (I have Real Flight 9.5). I noticed in the teaser videos what looks to be like real water renditioning and nice photo scenery. Seeing how your the developer of that flight SIM, isn't there a way of using the same water rendering technics you used for RC10 that can be used for FS4 to give us some real water instead of the colored bloches we currently identify as water...? I'm curious :/

Kick the tyres and light the fires sort of pilots never seemed to hang around the old flying club too long😢

I'm a casual simmer so it makes no difference to me if anything complex is added over and above what we already have per se, I have no control over whats added. The SIM is still simple enough to use and I would skip the things I don't choose to use if given that option. Fuel an weight being the current discussion.

Well, fuel consumption, fuel weight and its influence on flight characteristics seem to be an important factor on long distance flights.

And actually adding a feature does not have to make AFS more complicated for new users - but it can make it more challenging for advanced users. It just depends on how it is integrated.

Agreed, but having the choice to use it should be left to user. Not like that other SIM. Its not something I'd use.

Naw, release the brake, juice the throttle, lite the tires and go. lol 🤣

All kidding aside, you can have realism, but does it always have to be...? Why not skip a few details and just enjoy simplicity without complication. I abhorred setting clouds, wind, fuel n' weight, camera speed everytime I wanted to fly with MSFS. It was a "PITA" everythime. I just want to fly with less tweaking, setting this that and the next thing. Cripes I don't even use the flight nav for Aero Fly. I take off manually, land manually, auto pilot (when I feel like it). I VFR, the moving map and a compass heading to navigate, thats it, nothing else. I have no issues flying point to point. Easy as pie. 😉 BUT....thats just me. Fly the bush pilot way....remembering the lay of the land and the geography to navigate.

Hi,

I’m curious why it’s been a decade since Aerofly was born but we still can’t see weight and fuel, such a basic and important system in flight.

Its not needed IMO. Aero fly was meant to be less complicated for the end user and have the easy to use Ui, load up an fly SIM with realistic aircraft and flight dynamics. Its perfect the way it is thats why it stands above the rest in its own right. Less is more in this case. Look at the mess Microsobo has with its SIM. Their forums tell a thousand words, in their case more than a thousand words. Its basically eye candy with bugs. lol For me FS4, its fine the way it is. JMO. 😉

Someone awhile back emailed me the file for the C152 from FS2 that had been converted to run on FS4. Could that same person re-email it back to me so I can have a C152 for FS4 I don't remember who it was but he was so gracious for doing that for me. Thank you whoever you were. Sorry I don't remember. 😔

From the requests above it looks like IPACS is going to need Ai and a super computer to create all these aircraft. It could takes years if not decades of coding to finnish them all. Yikes ! I can't imagine how much coding there is for just 1 aircraft let alone all the user requests. Looks like the children, grandchildren and great grandchildren will all have coding jobs in the family business for years to come lol 🤣