Posts by douglas55

I think this is due to the graphics card. I also have an RTX 3060 and the image in general suddenly twitches, as if I had a sensor problem. I play on a PIMAX 8KX, among other things, and my cockpit constantly twitches, as if I were constantly re-centering myself. I also have this jerking outside of FS4 - I didn't have it with my old 2080ti. That's why I think the 3060 isn't that good for VR.

Try 30 fps. When I watch the fps's (cntrl + f1), it's a constant 30 fps. For me no twitching in " Ultra" settings. So far that's my seet spot. :thumbup:

Ok that didn't go well at all. I flipped on networking, flipped on Vulkan and Aero Fly froze on the "initializing screen". I waited and waited and waited.....so I ctrl + alt + delete to close in the task manager...screen went black...error codes came up...two dialogue boxes appeared....and then my desk top came up. I reloaded Aero Fly...shut off networking...shut off Vulkan and all was back to normal (F-18 for a test flight). Ain't gonna do that again. It's working, not gonna break it. ;):thumbup:

Just select Vulkan in Aerofly FS, nothing else has to be done.

oh, its that easy. Hmm, I'll give it a try then, it can't hurt to try again after the new driver install. I'll try after I finnish my current flight from Rome to Frankfurt with the new 737 - 900 ER. :thumbup:;)

I appreciate that tip but right now if its not acting broken per se, I'm not gonna attempt another fix. Now my question about Vulkan is, is it just a matter of sliding the slider in the UI over to Vulkan, or is it a software download for the GPU...?

I did install the latest Nvidia Ver 546.17 driver...and did some flying around LA again with no issues in "Ultra" settings.

Can you please test if Vulkan is an improvement for you? Usually it adds about 10% more FPS.

2k is 2560 X 1440, what gezz2 also uses.

So after much messing around with this, that, and the next thing and test flying over LA, it was as simple as setting 3840 x 2160 @ 30fps (cntrl + f1 to verify). That seemed to be the solution in "High" and "Ultra" settings. I have been trying to run too high an fps (50,59,60) in any resolution. Vulkan made it much worse, 2560 x 1440p was like looking thru glass smeared with Vasaline, messed with my eyes. I do have Vsync "ON" and shadow quality set to "LOW". I flew back and forth all over LA several times in the Black Hawk and there was no jerking of the scenery (tearing, stuttering) call it what you will. 30fps seems to be the sweet spot....thus far in all quality settings !

Are you flying in VR or 2D?

No VR, I'm using OpenGL 4.6, Resolution: 3840 x 2160 4k.

NOTE: I did do a driver roll back last night, then proceeded to let windows find and install the driver this time (Ver. 536.23). I haven't installed the new Ver. (546.17) yet. I went back into the Nvidia control panel and reset everything to default settings as you suggested "jet-pack" awhile back. I went and found that thread post (32 pages later) where you said you set the Open GL GPU to the actual card (in this case RTX 3060 in the drop down). I also set "let the application decide" in the Image settings. BUT......there still seems to be that odd "jerk" in the scenery (LAX, NY, Heathrow) but its not as pronounced as in the beginning when I first installed the card. I can live with it but I'd rather not, I'd like the scenery to be seamless as to not break the immersion. If I could find that video link someone posted to me again back in that thread I created, I could redo those tweaks the guy suggested. I couldn't find it on YouTube for the life of me and sadly I didn't bookmark it. My bad.

Awhile back I created a thread here whining about graphic card stuff, etc. etc. (again I apologize for that). This time its about the upgrade I just did an hour ago to the RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 video card. All is working well as it should however, I did some testing in High and Ultra settings (as was my goal with this upgrade). I flew over LAX and NY in both High an Ultra settings. I experienced random slight skips, and intermitant watery affect flying over the LAX terminal. My Nvidia control panel settings are all at default (as instructed by "Jet-pack") some time ago with the old card. My old GTX1660 6GB DDR6 worked ok on medium and low settings with no problems for the longest time with default settings. That said, any suggestions on how I can get it smooth again like I had with the old card....? I have double the memory now so I'm a little confused. What am I missing.....?

It's very good that you consider looking elsewhere, like MSFS for example, but make no mistake, you will have bugs and crashes, you will have to be patient. :) Unfortunately no simulator is 100% perfect, and I know what I'm talking about, having more than 300 addons on MSFS, it's beautiful for the eyes, but the descent into hell (FPS) can also happen very quickly. Updates are regular but with a lot of crashes too. Then the addons must also be updated, because some no longer correspond to the new loading of the sim card.

I second your comments and then some. I abandoned MSFS for some of those very reasons and more. MSFS would literally give me anxiety. I moved over to Aero Fly full time, long time ago and now my anxiety is gone because Aero Fly is perfect for my needs and its totally stress and anxiety free flying, it's that good "IMO". I knew eventually I was gonna go FS4 full time I was just in denial because of the eye candy of MSFS kept me going. I kid you not, the eye candy was the only reason I stuck with MSFS. FS4 is a real flight SIM, MSFS is a flight SIM flying game. To me, "IMO", it always felt gamey. Just my opinion.

I am gonna agree with you, that seems positively plausable. I think your right. So tonight when I get home, Im gonna set up a flight and set the speed to 335 kts and check that TA/RA setting too. As mentioned before I only fly by compass heading and dont use the Nav system to program a flight so the TA/RA may not be set properly too. 👍 I'll keep you posted Jet-pack. Thanks again sir.

Could be, but I set speed for 340 kts, just under that red band on the speed indicater. So it cant be that.....all I know is it must be a warning clicking sound. It isnt constant though. It will do it then stop for a bit, then do it again every so often. As mentioned im not getting any warning lights or nothing, everything is going as expected. I dont know what to make of it. Somethings telling me something, I just cant pin point it. Its the damedest thing. lol

Just a thought, is it possible even though I start from ready for taxi by passing a (cold and dark) start up, that im not setting the transponder for the TCAS on the lower center panel to TA/RA...?