Posts by douglas55

I really like the UH-60 but don't use it as much as I would because of some problems I find when operating it . I'm not sure if it's a failure to understand how to operate it or the way my controls are set up or both. My thrustmaster hotas joystick is set up with throttles and collective on the units throttle bar axis. This works fine on R22 and EC135 but on the UH60 I find when trying to decend the engines and rotor speed plunge and the Heli sinks and you can't get the power up in time to save it. I guess having engine rpm and collective on same axis is not ideal, and I would prefer to be able to not have the rpm on a joystick axis but buttons since, generally the Heli engines run at high speed and the collective is used to adjust lift via the rotors... But that doesn't seem to be an option for me. Be grateful for some pointers here Jan so I can get the most out of this aircraft with the control setup I have available.

KR Matt

In controls, don't map the throttle, just map your Hotas throttle to the "collective" at the top above the pitch, roll, in your Heli mapping setup.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Last but not least, just 2 : A Bell 206 and a MD500. Thats all I want, oh and maybe a Bell 47 bubble Heli.

The Bell 206 would take priority over the other aforementioned 2.

I can dream right...? :S

Maybe some of you have done this, maybe not, and I'm just repeating what everybody already knows about the TCA Sidestick rudder issue. BUT...I was sick of it even after tucking the wires away from the rudder sensor as per a YouTube video I watched. So that said here's what "I" did. I tucked the main wires coming out of the stick center post between the receiving screw post on the one side of the stick handle inside and the outside edge of the stick handle casing and hot glued them in place so they don't get crimped when you reclose and screw the handle back together. Then I hot glued the sensor in place where it sits inside the handle. Then I put a little hot glue on the spot where the sensor will mate in the other 1/2 side of the handle, and simply screwed it all back together. "Voila" ! problem fixed. No play in the handle when your gripping it and holding it while you fly. The rudder is now solid, no more wiggle left and right. :thumbup:

"Wow", No words to describe how, that much happier I am to have Aerofly since this new version release. I'm speechless. We are in the presence of Simulator gods. All hail IPAC's. They rightly deserve our thanks and praise and gratitude. ;)

I just had to say that.......

Well I'm eating my own words this morning "if it ain't broke don't break it". It broke out of the blue all by itself. As mentioned above I didn't do anything at all since last posting (thank god I didn't). I was only running on the 531.86 Game Ready Driver. I was flying over LA in the UH-60 and all of a sudden the screen froze, I got this buzzing sound and my computer shut down (literally shut right off). It reset everything, I can't even get FS2 or FS4 up in the Nvidia control panel listing in the drop down menu. I had to reset my audio, roll back the driver to 457.85 and did a test run with FS4 and all is back to normal. There was a problem that was discovered by Lenovo with this PC model called out by owners on the Lenovo forum and it was determined by Lenovo that they had to release a BIOS patch to permanently disable the "Nvidia USB 3.10 extensible Host controller - 1.10 Microsoft" in the device manager. As I understood it when I found out, owners couldn't update their graphic drivers without their PC's crashing and having audio issues. But some owners were having no issues after the patch as they updated their drivers. I wasn't so lucky as I just found out. I will say I will never buy another Lenovo PC again and I have always been an IBM (Lenovo), Lenovo fan for years. Next time I buy a PC its a Mac. Not happy. No more tweaking and messing around with graphic stuff. No wonder I didn't all those years up till now. Grrrrr

Is this what you were referring to "jet-pack" as a.........tm.log file...?

1.10-tmwinogl: gl: (version 4.5) (core profile) (vendor=NVIDIA Corporation) (renderer=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2) (version=4.5.0 NVIDIA 531.68)

Agreed, very possible. Words to the wise indeed. Because as I read here, I think you said, that the SIM is fully optimized out of the box so to speak to be ready to use with any video card without the need to play with the control panel settings, If I recall properly :/ Then again, if any performace tweaks are advised so that I can run it smoothly as I do now in Higher quality settings Im open to it as mentioned above. At the same token if it aint broke why break it right ;)

i'll give G-Force a try. I should have installed it after all it seems. I did however try 1920 x 1080 once and it got ugly real fast lol. 3840 x 2160 seemed to work for the longest time thus far. But, im always open to new things and ways of improving the SIM experience. I'll try that after work tonight or on the weekend and report my results back here.

Thank you for this, and look forward to more suggestions as things come about.

So you mean the Nvidia G-force Experience..?

I'm only asking these graphic questions now (after the fact, months later), because Ive been running @ "Medium" settings with no issues with FS4. I'm wanting more out of the graphical possibilities that this video card can produce and want more out of the scenery as in sharper relisim so to speak. That said, I'm completely computer savvy, but never messed with video cards or their perspective settings in fear of really messing things up. I was never a gamer so I felt it wasn't necessary for me to play with graphic cards, so I never did up till now. Having SIMs seems to require the odd tweak here and there to experience the SIMs full affect.

So as per your advice, if I do what you mentioned I should be able to at least bump my qualty settings to "High" or "Ultra". Take in mind though I'm running in 4k not 1920 x 1080. I'm hitting 50 fps if I cntrl + F1 to verify.

NOTE: Would I have to change anything graphically in the Win10 display settings to match...?

I can tell you they wern't set that way at all since I installed FS4. I was just using everything as default as per our graphic conversation a while back in this FS4 forum. I remember you telling me to keep everything default, of which I have been doing, and its always worked fine no issues. Or was that tip for FS2...hmm...memory escapes me on that note. I think I have been running off my CPU instead of the card. I never went into the Nvidia panel to play with any of the settings. Only now im starting to familiarize myself with graphic setting stuff. One more question........

Should I set the PhysX to my card or leave it auto...? It says "Auto" (recommended) :/

So sometime back in the threads I mentioned that my video card was the Nvidia GTX 1660 SUPER, with 6 gigs of GDDR6 VRAM, and struggled with FS4 with anything above "LOW" quality settings. That said, this week I installed the Nvidia game ready driver 531.68 WQL (didn't install the G Force Experience option), I am now able to run in "MEDIUM" quality settings all around, except LAX and some (very few) major airports experience slight glitching. Other than that its great and my enjoyment of the SIM has increased with a simple driver download. With FS2 I can run in "HIGH" settings and is spectacular to say the least.

Just sharing my observations. :thumbup:

Mate, I assure you that others, including myself in Australia, are very interested in getting more HD USA coverage. I'm still relying on Aerofly FS2 (stock and dlc) coverage in order to fly there. Expansion of FS4 world scenery has been pretty disappointing so far imho.

I said this before awhile back, we're on our own and its left to user content and IPACS in house scenery, aircraft development, to add to the SIM. I highly doubt (if ever) we'll see any 3rd party content. Everybody is developing for that software 2020 SIM nightmare (which I've abandoned) for Aerofly FS4 fulltime. FS4 stands out in its own unique niche that nobody can compare or touch. The only cultivation scenery missing for me is Canada. Particularly Ontario (where I live). Other than that I'm satisfied with what scenery we have. Again, less is more sometimes. But thats just me. ;)