Posts by douglas55

So far the *new* TM TCA side stick for PC/Xbox I just got is working wonderfully with FS4 (plug n" play). BUT...is it required to download and install the drivers for it anyway...? OR "If it's not broken", "don't break it" and leave it as is...? :/

Ah, thats why its that way the sound. Easy fix after work tonight.

As far as the stick is concerned....

I was getting tired of the logitech pentiometers in the 3D Pro stick being a bit jumpy. The 3D printed ball mod was an excellent upgrade for it, but I was craving something more smooth, and this *new* airbus stick fits the bill for me. I had one before (the PC only version), but sold it with the complete captains setup I had including the TM headset and rudder pedals. Cant stand having my feet locked onto those rudder pedals, I prefer twist rudder on a stick. Personal preference. ;)

Update: Sound fixed. Simple mouse click in the drop down sound menu. :thumbup:

Thank you sir for the advice ;) :thumbup:

So the *new* TCA side stick, compatible with Xbox and PC came in today and found something I didn't know about it. In order to get sound from your PC to your speakers, you have to plug the speaker jack into the front of the side stick instead of your sound card on the back of your PC. Sound is routed from your PC, through the sticks internals out to your speakers. Bit of a head scratcher at first but easily figured out.

Goddammit IPACS you guys are "GOOD". :thumbup: You create a SIM that works flawlessly, loads in no time at all, best easy user interface compared to all the rest out there, has total plug n" play support for all peripherals, has the best VR than any other SIM, and when there is a patch or fix your on it right away and we don't have to wait till the next SDK to be fixed. You guys are SIM gods, literally, I mean it. Your only a small team say 5 to 9 workers (so I've read), and you accomplish this so easily ;) . No wonder I use Aero fly 95% of the time and the "other SIM" (MSFS) only 5% of the time. Speechless, just speechless. You really need to get the team from ASOBO in training and show them how to do things properly and efficiently, lol. Sometimes I don't know why I stick with MSFS as a second SIM. Maybe its just the eye candy that keeps me using it. Wait, that's it, its the eye candy ;), because that's the only thing MSFS has going for it. :(

You should be able to have both devices connected and both assigned to heli and airplane functions and it should work fine without interference. If there are interferences you can also quickly disable one device in the settings and use the remaining one to fly.

Ah, that works. And the mapping is very easy with Aerofly. :thumbup: Thank you !

The logitech is excellent (I have 3, 1 spare, 1 for parts). But I modded the current one with that 3D printed ball I mentioned in another post for better cyclic managment. The person in the video suggests not using the modded joystick for airplanes. I tried it and he was right. Besides the Airbus stick I can use for my MSFS on Xbox too.

I'm using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro now for everything, especially the UH-60 and Ec-135 (which I fly 99% of the time). But I have been gravitating to the A320 now which is a less complex airliner to muster IMO. I see it as just a bus (coach) with wings. That said, I went and bought the *New* Airbus TCA joystick that's compatible with Xbox and PC. The question is : With the Logitech stick, do I cancel out the airplane mappings for that stick and only leave the Heli mapping...? and vice versa for the Airbus joystick...only map airplane functions...?......or........does one affect the other regardless.....?

Flying the Blackhawk in vr, HP reverb G2, is just awesome. (Just like any other plane)

The sense of “being there” is unbelievable.

Thanks Ipacs….

"The sense of being there"...I can't agree more. I fly only the Heli's and my favorite place to fly is in Europe, especially Switzerland, Austria and Innsbruck, swiss alps etc. I don't fly VR because it gives me bad vertigo, but nonetheless its like being in Europe for real sometimes. I get so absorbed I forget I'm flying a SIM sometimes. What an awesome SIM IPACS has created. :love:

I'm sharing this for those of use who use the tried tested and true Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick for flying Helicopters. If I'm the only one, that's fine, but I thought I'd share my observations with the community. The links are here for you to investigate for yourself. All I can say is it makes flying the Heli's more realistic in its cyclic movements. I approve this mod. lol :thumbup: Your basically swapping the white plate for the black ball. Use lots of grease !

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Convert to Helicopter Cyclic by Gazmac52
    Helicopter Cyclic controls generally operate with just finger pressure and often, if not always do not re-center. It seems, as far as I can find out, they also…
    www.thingiverse.com

"MadPat":

I tried setting up a controller yesterday (20th Anniversary Xbox controller) but for some reason It didn't work. Mapping turned out to be a mess, and I did everything right (obviously I mapped my current Logitech and the TM controls I had), I can't figure it out. I like the Elite controller, the paddles could be set up for the prop and mixtures. With MSFS I didn't have to map anything with the controller, there is a default profile. I just had to figure out what button did what and away I went. I just love the controller for that SIM. Using a controller teaches you to be more precise and pay attention more, especially when it comes to setting up for a landing.

"Armitage":

That VKB is nice stuff, I was perusing their website yesterday. The prices aren't that bad either. Well within my budget. Desk space is the issue though.

I'll figure something out gentlemen, I always do. :thumbup:

But if I want to fly only "so from the hand" and with the mobile versions FS2022 and FS2023 I use a gamepad, the NIMBUS STEELMASTER. And there I use the paddles just for helicopter flying, because that increases the fun for me significantly.

That's in the works here, mobile Aero Fly ("from the hand"). I really like what I'm seeing with the STEAM Deck mobile console. Just waiting to see if it comes up on the Best Buy website. I'm patient.

I got a game controller many years ago but never really used it. Can I suggest something else?

I like something that more resembles the action of the real equipment. My ancient Saitek AV8R joystick is nice for helicopters, it has dual throttles on the rear face moving in a largely vertical arc and they are quite good at mimicking a collective with a twist throttle. The left throttle lever operates as the collective and twisting the throttle pair adjusts the position of the right throttle lever for engine throttle.

The levers have reversed calibration in the Aerofly helicopter settings so that forwards and down lowers the control input, the opposite of the movement for aeroplanes.

I also change hands for the helicopters, it is better for muscle memory and flying from the right seat, the cyclic should be in the right hand. I think it helps when switching from aeroplanes to helicopters especially when the throttle levers operate in opposite senses.

I won't argue with a joystick suggestion, but I find the Logitech can be a bit jerky. As a YouTube video points out the potentiometers are loose in their perspective cradles (the little ball portion) and there is some jerk in the stick feel because of this. I could get a TCA sidestick again (sold the first one off in a complete Thrustmaster flight package). I just thought using a game controller too for FS4 would be a good idea because I love the way they feel in my hands, and I like the accuracy of the thumb sticks. I had flight controls for MSFS too but sold them off as well. I just found having all those peripherals took up space and were just in my way and frankly I don't like using rudder pedals. Less is more they say. My only concern is buying another game controller (Razer, TM, TB, MS) and having it not supported by FS4. :/

I need advice guys.

Since having great success with just a game controller/keyboard/mouse for MSFS, and with FS4 I'm using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Stick/keyboard/mouse, I'd like to use a game controller instead of the joystick for FS4. Who can suggest the right controller for Aero Fly....? Do I need a controller with paddles on the back.....? Take in mind I fly only the C172, UH-60, EC-135 99% of the time. :/