Posts by mcgregni

First flight completed from Dulles to JFK. A few more Pluses to point out ...

The transitions between water and land are better, a softer blend and muddy colour rather than the blue blocks like before. ....

A320 has more realistic and smooth vertical speed in the climb, not like the rocket it was before ...

A320 has a seat belt sign audible chime ....

Better A320 sounds all around ....

The scenery of Washington was great, but Baltimore was superb. New York very good too, but some softer looking areas...

So really some excellent work and improvements, thanks Devs!

The only negative to report was that auto tuning for the ILS didn't work. I didn't get any intercept or capture and had to land manually. I have to figure out now how to manually tune the Nav radio!

I've not carried out a complete flight yet, but I've got all the 2023 scenery packs installed, and I've noticed a number of significant improvements that are not being talked about yet ...

1. New Navigation (flight planning) menu and options. I especially like being able to set the cruise alt here now! I like the new way of selecting way points and choosing whats displayed. Good improvement!

2. More high quality scenery. A few quick flights over places like Frankfurt, Paris, Brest, Lisbon, Naples was enough to convince me that theres a lot of better scenery to see, certainly in Europe. I like what I see over the Eastern USA as well, can't wait to fly my first flight from Dulles to JFK tonight!

3. The Swiss scenery looks to be new.... very detailed still, but somewhat more natural in tones, so even more realistic IMO.

4. 3D buildings, towers and columns etc in many cities. Ok, its a bit sparse but they are there (check out the City of London which is actually quite dense). A great step towards realism on mobile

So theres 4 strong new features in 2023 that I think make the extra money over 2022 very much worth it 👌

I am referring to the app settings ..there are various ways to get "artificial assistance" such as auto trim, auto rudder etc. Tuning the nav radios is one such setting. Then if an ILS approach is in the flight plan the nav radios are automatically tuned and the course preset.

It has to be said, what the Aerofly Apps bring to the mobile device space is nothing short of amazing!

In giving us the means to recreate such incredible realism (the airport environments, scenery views, lighting effects, clouds, and direct interaction with a massive range of cockpit controls and electronic displays), the devs have achieved an extraordinary feat.

Theres nothing else out there that comes close for the user who wants to simulate accurate aircraft operation and the feel of real world flying on a mobile device!

Me too i know how to fly the dash 8 properly i don't know how to intercept the g/s. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I even inputed the ils frequency but it doesn't work

You might be missing the extra step in the Q400 which is to switch the Navigation source from FMS1 to ILS. There is a switch for this up on the panel, and it must be switched over prior to ILS intercept.

I think a way that I will try and practice now is to level off a little below the glideslope a couple of miles before intercept ...i'll do this by having my chosen altitude preset and using the alt-sel and alt modes. Then I'll switch to heading hold mode to keep on course while I switch the Navigation source to ILS and finally then engage approach mode.

This should all work out ...in theory!

I've seen a small drop in FPS at Heathrow with all the aircraft I use, so I presumed its a scenery object density sort of issue. There's certainty a lot of detail at Heathrow, but then so there is also at places like Hamburg, Manchester and Zurich where I don't see any drop in frame rates ....

I prefer IAS mode for the descent, which obviously enables good speed control. It is fairly easy to follow the VNAV path with small power adjustments.

The challenge is when intercepting the ILS ...I haven't quite worked out the best way to make this a smooth transition. I try to come in about 500ft below the VNAV path just before intercept, then level off before arming Approach mode. But its a bit of a scramble and I'm getting confused about what modes to use for the leveling off and how to hold a speed.

Ok great , thanks! I tried to get the FMS to work but failed. Any tips about the exact switches to use would be much appreciated ☺️

I do see FMS displays, in the centre on the left and right, but the keypad has no effect. They are stuck on a page that shows KSFO Rwy 28L as departure . But my flight plan is Oakland to Phoenix. In all other aircraft normally the FMS updates as soon as the menu flight plan is changed.

(Just a reminder, this is the 2021 mobile version).