Posts by orangedog433

Hm, have you also set the destination location and direction accordingly?

I'm pretty sure I set them, here is my code.

If there are errors, please point them out.

Thanks a lot!:)

admin I ran into some problems: I defined the runway for landing at 34.

The mission interface also showed the direction of landing.

But when I apply it, the landing runway of the navigation interface becomes 16.

Is this caused by a missing code or the navigation data does not allow the use of this runway?

Take off from KCLS and participate in the exciting flight time trial!<3:saint:

Fly the F18 through the mountains!

Stay no more than 500ft above the ground!

The timing starts from the START point and ends at the FINISH point. Share your flight time here! Tell others you are the flying master!8)8)

Copy the code in the txt into custom_missions.tmc in the mission folder.

If you don't want to modify the file, you can download my attachment directly.

Then you will find the F18 Air Race I created in the Flight Challenge!

Hope you enjoy it!:):):)

Jet-Pack (IPACS) Thank you for the help! Some minor data errors have been fixed now. I fine-tuned the aerodynamics again, and the performance is great! You can modify the aircraft's payload in parameter.tmd and synchronize it in the CDU to calculate VERF. The approach speed will be a reference! Also, the autoland feature will be spectacular; it's truly beautiful!;)<3

I've encountered a small issue though:
    I adjusted the formula for calculating VERF, and it's working fine. The VREF displayed on the PFD is derived from the data after my modification. However, the speed for the 25° flaps hasn't been affected by the modification. It still maintains the calculation result from the previous formula. This often causes overlap with VREF.
    Specifically, as shown in the image:

Hope you can provide some help. After fixing this issue, I'll publish it again to FlightSim. Perhaps you can synchronize this data in future updates. At least, I believe its performance is exceptional, surpassing Infinite Flight and RFS on mobile.^^^^

Reporting another issue:
    The spoilers on the B77w should only deploy when all six wheels of the main landing gear are fully on the ground (compressing the main landing gear hydraulic struts).

Currently:
    The spoilers extend when the lowest wheel touches the ground, causing a disruptive lift effect and making the aircraft drop.

I don't know how to modify the aircraft's logic system at the moment, so I hope this issue can be addressed. Thanks again for the help!<3

Regards,

Orange Dog

Indeed, Aerofly continues to be an advanced flight simulator. While modifying the aerodynamics of the B777-300ER, I found the overall aerodynamic model of the aircraft to be very well-developed. Most of the data aligns closely with the performance described in the FCOM (Flight Crew Operations Manual).

After some adjustments, I strongly believe that the B77w now exhibits closer-to-reality landing aerodynamics. I've uploaded it to Flightsim, and now you can enjoy the landing process of the B77w.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…ormance-closer/

You can fully reference the approach phase operations from the actual cockpit, including flare timing and stick movements. Manual throttle control during landing also becomes very easy! Moreover, the touchdown behavior is quite similar to what you'd observe with the 77w at an airport.

Here are my modifications:

1. Adjusted induced drag of horizontal stabilizers to improve trim.
    2. Modified angle of attack lift to minimize excessive changes during speed deviations, aligning with real heavy aircraft aerodynamics.
    3. Tweaked landing ground effect parameters to enhance the feel of leveling during landing, resembling real heavy aircraft and PMDG777 aerodynamics. (Soft landings become more controllable.)
    4. Simultaneously adjusted throttle selection speeds in the landing phase .tmd file to match approach speeds based on the same parameters as the actual aircraft.
    6. Adjusted some display parameters in the CDU to align with the data described in the .tmd file.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) During the modification process, I encountered a few issues that I hope you can help me resolve:

1. Currently, the performance data displayed in the CDU's approach interface doesn't match the data described in the real 77w's FCOM. For example:
    *Current weight: 230.1t
    *FCOM reference:
    VREF at 30° flaps: 143 knots
    VREF at 25° flaps: 151 knots
    VREF at 20° flaps: 161 knots
    *Aerofly CDU displays:
    VREF at 30° flaps: 139 knots
    VREF at 25° flaps: 143 knots
    VREF at 20° flaps: 146 knots

I understand that you've used certain formulas to calculate approach speeds. However, I hope these formulas can be refined to match the parameters provided in the FCOM.

2. According to the parameters provided in the FCOM, with 30° flaps, for every 10-ton decrease in payload, the approach speed should decrease by 3 knots. When I adjusted the payload weight in the .tmd file, I noticed that a 10-ton reduction didn't significantly impact the final approach speed. It seems the issue lies within the aircraft's momentum function or the relationship between lift and speed. I wonder if you can assist me in refining these aspects.

3.I also want to modify the autopilot panel in the takeoff.tmd to adjust the speed selection to 145 knots (VR). However, I've noticed that no matter how I modify the values, the game doesn't seem to apply them. Please provide me with some guidance.

Code
                // autopilot
                <[autopilot_advanced][Autopilot][]
                    <[bool][InitFlightDirectorsOn]      [true]>
                    <[bool][InitAutoThrottleOn]         [true]>
                    <[bool][InitManagedHeadingArmed]    [true]>
                    <[bool][InitVerticalNavigationArmed][true]>
                    <[bool][InitApproachArmed]          [false]>
                    <[string8][SelectedAirspeed]        [74.6]> //77.2 to 74.6

I also hope you can check whether my aerodynamic modifications in the .tmd file have any significant issues. Compared to aircraft makers on forums, I'm just a passionate beginner when it comes to the B77w. I can assure you that my modifications aim to mimic real performance, but I'm unsure if some adjustments might conflict with your defined aerodynamic functions in the game engine. If so, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could point them out! Lately, I've been organizing information from the Aerofly Wiki and translating it. I plan to publish it in the Chinese community to invite more interested players to engage in Aerofly's scenery and aircraft creation.

In terms of current flight simulation colleagues, I believe that Aerofly's performance with the B77w surpasses many projects of similar scale. At least for me, despite its shortcomings, I'm quite satisfied. Shortcomings primarily stem from incomplete avionics logic and updated navigation data, which are Aerofly's drawbacks. I sincerely hope that Aerofly's Boeing aircraft series continues to improve!

Jet-Pack (IPACS) When modifying the ground effect of the B777-300ER, I encountered the following issues:

1. I adjusted the value of GroundEffectScale, and it seems to have an effect. However, I'd like to understand its numerical relationship with altitude and whether it correlates with other state parameters.

2. It is known that the value of GroundEffectFactor affects the magnitude of the ground effect force on the aircraft. However, I want to know specifically whether it changes the magnitude of the force or the effective area of the force.

3. During the modification process, I observed that when the GroundEffectFactor value increases to a certain level, deviations in approach speed lead to significant differences in stress upon entering ground effect. Consequently, the aircraft exhibits different landing performances at similar but different speeds, such as:

• Approaching at 147 knots, 20 feet pitch up, resulted in a soft landing.

• Approaching at 145 knots, 30 feet pitch up, resulted in a hard landing.

Is there another function that can reduce the strong coefficient relationship between GroundEffectFactor and landing speed? Or are there alternative solutions available?

Code
    <[float64][AspectRatioMultiplier][2.0]>
    <[float64][GroundEffectFactor]   [1.18]>
    <[float64][GroundEffectScale]    [0.725]>
    <[float64][GroundEffectCm0]      [-0.06]>
    <[float64][GroundEffectCmFlap]   [-0.08]>
    <[float64][BetaSlope]            [1.0]>
    <[float64][BetaMax]              [1.0]>

Jet-Pack (IPACS) Hello there!It is long time from I sand post in this forum. I was busy with my studies and other things recenttly, and have no time to devote to flight simulator. Now I'm trying to learn to modify aircraft aerodynamics. I found that in the new version you added the following aerodynamic code.

<[float64][GroundEffectFactor] [1.2]>
    <[float64][GroundEffectScale] [0.68]>
    <[float64][GroundEffectCm0] [-0.06]>
    <[float64][GroundEffectCmFlap] [-0.08]>

I'd like to know what exactly this code does for the ground effect of the aircraft. I am modifying the parameters of the B777 to make its landing performance more realistic.:)

Thanks a lot for your reply!

• 3D Buildings + Street lights + Better graphics settings?

I appreciate that the devs are working very hard to bring more 3D buildings, and I won’t be asking for anything more, but I would like to ask a question will it be possible to add additional options in settings to control street lighting, graphics, and the amount of 3D buildings? Since I’ve seen powerful devices that could handle streetlights and huge amounts of 3D buildings (image for evidence below).

For admin and other developers, this is not a reality. 3D buildings are not as simple as you might think. It includes modeling, positioning, texture, and more. If you want your whole European region to get 3D architecture. You'll need at least 80 gigabytes of space to store the extra data. Of course, consider that you need to transfer the files when you import the DLC. You actually need 160GB of storage to import the DLC. This is not practical on mobile. The other 52 frames were the only highest number in the test. Most of the time it's around 30 frames. My chip is a Snapdragon 870. Please also view this item rationally.

It is the first attempt to model the airport terminal construction. When I try to export to a tgi file with blender, an error message appears. I don't know what I lack. I hope I can get answers and guidance from the leaders. Thanks! :)

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\io_scene_tgi\__init__.py", line 180, in execute

return export_tgi.save(context, **keywords)

File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\io_scene_tgi\export_tgi.py", line 1083, in save

_write(context, filepath,

File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\io_scene_tgi\export_tgi.py", line 1026, in _write

write_file(full_path, objects, depsgraph, scene,

File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\io_scene_tgi\export_tgi.py", line 755, in write_file

bone_id = bone_list.index( bpy.context.blend_data.armatures[0].bonPython: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\io_scene_tgi\__init__.py", line 180, in execute

return export_tgi.save(context, **keywords)

File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\io_scene_tgi\export_tgi.py", line 1083, in save

_write(context, filepath,

File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\io_scene_tgi\export_tgi.py", line 1026, in _write

write_file(full_path, objects, depsgraph, scene,

File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\io_scene_tgi\export_tgi.py", line 755, in write_file

bone_id = bone_list.index( bpy.context.blend_data.armatures[0].bones[ bone ] )

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'index'

Those images are just for reference and can be ignored.

I spent most of the day trying to output TTC_ETC2 operations. But I still didn't succeed. I don't know where the statement about the output TTC type should be placed to be useful in the transformation.

If possible, please provide a copy of your TMC configuration for converting images. I've tried everything. I still can't repeat Utopiafs' success in this operation

PILOT_73: Sorry, we have no control over the sales in certain countries, e.g. as far as we know Aerofly FS is not available in China and Russia. Sorry about this.

The game is also incompatible with some systems that do not come with Google Suite (such as Hongmeng system). You need to find another download channel and run the game using the virtual Google framework. As far as I know, the game is installed using apks, and currently there is no third-party channel to provide pirated games.

admin The problem of clouds getting out of control is getting worse. They used to be found only at high latitudes. I mentioned this in my previous feedback.

orangedog433
    March 20, 2022 at 12:24 AM