Posts by Paradoxagi

Update on this issue: It's still happening but not that often as half a year ago (maybe because of graphics driver performance improvements, but I can't tell for sure) so I enjoy flying again. I also ordered a freesync monitor to hopefully get rid of this once and for all.

Hi Michael,

der große Download sollte kein Problem darstellen da heutzutage so ziemlich jeder vernünftige Browser unterbrochene Downloads wiederaufnehmen kann. Ich hab das mal explizit getestet mit Firefox, da reicht ein einfacher Klick auf die Schaltfläche beim abgebrochenen Download, um diesen fortzusetzen.

Entpacken ist dann so gar kein Problem, das schlägt bei mir (mit Winrar) weder auf den Arbeitsspeicher noch auf sonstwas, es dauert halt nur länger als bei einem kleinen Archiv, der Vorgang an sich ist aber absolut unproblematisch. Ein Aufteilen in kleinere Archive macht dahingehend auch wenig Sinn, da dieses dann lediglich ein auf mehrere Datein verteiltes großes Archiv wäre, der Vorgang des Entpackens wäre dann aber technisch derselbe.

Agi

I don't think a borderless fullscreen will cause issues for others if it is optional as in many games these days. There you can simply chose between fullscreen and borderless window mode and use what works better for you.

With OpenGL the issue does not show up but overall performance is significantly worse then.

Someone told me the Vsync should turn off if FPS falls below screen refresh rate and this is what I see in the sim. The only issue is, that it's not coming back when the frames are high again.

Anyway, even if this is a driver issue, it can be solved by adding a borderless window mode because this would render Vsync obsolete.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) I think I found a way to solve this: When using windowed display mode instead of fullscreen, limited to 60 fps, I don't need Vsync because there is no tearing. The downside is, I have a window and no fullscreen visuals.

The solution for this would be a borderless window mode in addition to fullscreen and window modes already available. The borderless window mode would then technically be window mode but look exactly like fullscreen mode, covering all of the screen. The downside is that someone at IPACS has to code a borderless window mode.

:)

I made one more video to proof that my performance should not cause the Vsync to disable at all, my framerates are above 60 FPS all the time and most of the time are significantly above 60 FPS. So, even if some higher frametimes here and there might cuase the Vsync to disable, it should come back quickly after that - I still think there's is something wrong here, please have a look into this.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I want to bump this a bit because I still have this issue.

For clarification: I know that reducing settings helps a bit but it does not completely solve the Vsync turning off and NOT nurning on again. I understand that adaptive Vsync is only working if screen refresh rate is achieved but this is the cast in most situations I lose the Vsync.

In short: The main issue is that the Vsync does not turn on again after a slight stutter (so slight I don't even notice and I'm very sensitive to stutters and low framerates), I always have to point the camera down to the floor and back up again.

Further, my computer is not exactly on it's limit when the issue occurs, most of the time I get stable 60 fps when it happens, also reported by the Radeon Software frame display.

To show what's going on I made a video, starting form minute 2:35 you can see what's gong on and this happens again and again in this flight (and this is why I move around the camera very often when this happens and then look down and move again to show the difference).

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mein Ansinnen war es ausschließlich, die im Beitrag vor meiner Antwort stehenden Punkte konstruktiv aufzugreifen mit dem langfristigen Gedanken, für die Community so nach und nach etwas schönes zu gestalten. Nur kommt halt leider gut gemeint bisweilen nicht positiv rüber.

Das kam für mich nicht so rüber und auch deine Erklräung verstehe ich nicht wirklich weil es im Beitrag vor deiner Antwort nur darum ging, ob ich eine weitere Map machen möchte und welche das sein würde.

Traurig macht mich, dass für Dich meine Beiträge anscheinend wiederholte Einwürfe sind — so war von mir kein einziger Beitrag Dir gegenüber überhaupt gemeint.

Ich erkläre dir kurz, warum ich das überhaupt angesprochen habe:

Nachdem ich meine Map veröffentlich hatte, korrekt einsortiert nach deinen Wünschen bei flight-sim.org, hattest du, obwohl meinerseits alles korrekt war, hier nochmal explizit darauf hingewiesen, wie es gemacht werden soll, so als ob ich das falsch gemacht hätte. Dann hattest du mich drüben noch darauf hingewiesen, dass dir meine Dateinamen nicht gefallen bzw. du sie für problematisch hältst, und hast am Ende meinen Versuch, das im Gespräch klar zu kriegen, unbeantwortet stehen gelassen. Und jetzt eben hast du wieder darauf hingewiesen, wie du die Dinge gerne haben würdest, was im Zusammenhang aus meiner Sicht keinen Sinn ergibt und letztlich wieder nur den Eindruck erweckt, ich würde hier etwas nicht korrekt machen.

Für mich sieht das nach 'grundlosem Kritisieren' aus - und das finde ich nicht besonders nett, selbst wenn es formfreundlich vorgetragen wurde.

Ja, Michael... verstehe... aber das gehört jetzt nicht wirklich in diesen Thread.

Erstens betrifft mich das mit bisher einem einzigen und dazu aktuellen Projekt nicht so richtig, zweitens habe ich die Map korrekt eingeordnet und drittens gibt es hier auch nichts zu extrahieren, da es eben nur eine Map und auch entsprechend gekennzeichnet ist.

Deine wiederholten Einwürfe mir gegenüber sind vollkommen unnötig, da so ziemlich gar nichts davon auf mich bzw. mein Projekt zutrifft, daher möchte ich dich freundlich bitten, diese doch zukünftig zu unterlassen.

:)