Posts by Kennedy

I was preparing for a flight on the Boeing 747-400 when I noticed several overhead switches with a strange light gray texture that gave the impression of being transparent. Previously, these switches had a light brown color that is predominant throughout the aircraft cockpit. I ask that you please return the previous texture of these switches as it is exactly the one that matches the real aircraft. I'm avoiding some screenshots that show the switches in a color that doesn't match reality.

I also noticed this strange color on the switches on the Boeing 787 and 777👇🏽👇🏽

In this other screenshot we see the true color of the Boeing 747-400 overhead switches on the Aerofly FS 2023. I'm not sure but it appears to be a dark brown color👇🏽👇🏽

The two games use completely different game engines, and can you really not see the modeling quality of xplane? ? ? Are the two comparable? If aerofly had used the same rendering engine as xplane, the lighting problem would have been solved more than 4 years ago

Firstly, X-Plane mobile and Aerofly are flight simulators and not games. Secondly, I'm talking about Navigraph support (airac update) and not the graphical quality of the two simulators. You will learn to interpret a text by your son from Austin Bug.

Loading all waypoints and data at once would already be more than most iOS devices can handle. That's why only some tiles are loaded and not the whole world. But of course we can perhaps add some database lookup request which doesn't need to load all data at the same time.

My cell phone is Android. Citing another simulator as an example, X-Plane mobile has a Boeing 737 that carries all the waypoints and airways around the world in the FMC, whether short or long routes. Not only on this 737, but all aircraft have FMC/GPS that carry any waypoint in the world's airspace. In addition, Navigraph support is present, making it possible to update airac and the FMC and aircraft GPS database. And this Navigraph support has little impact on the memory footprint of devices, whether iOS or Android.

At the moment only waypoints in the nearby loaded tiles can be inserted in the FMC. This is a limitation of the route and unfortunately I do not have access to the code to fix it, we'll have to wait for the route developer to fix this.

If you see the waypoint on the navigation display you should be able to insert it as well.

I have two suggestions for a solution to this problem: one is to integrate all global map waypoints into the FMC or bring Navigraph support to the simulator. Speaking of Navigraph, are there any plans by the team to bring it to Aerofly? In this case, users would be responsible for paying the subscription for this support for the airac update, which is largely outdated. Several procedures are at odds with air navigation charts.

At the moment only waypoints in the nearby loaded tiles can be inserted in the FMC. This is a limitation of the route and unfortunately I do not have access to the code to fix it, we'll have to wait for the route developer to fix this.

If you see the waypoint on the navigation display you should be able to insert it as well.

When this failure occurs I can only insert the waypoint in the navigation menu. I hope you can fix this bug as soon as possible. Thank you for your clarification.

I discovered a flaw in the FMC. Several waypoints simply won't load. Initially the FMC even loads some waypoints but then an error message (format error) appears when I try to insert some more waypoints. There appears to be a disconnect between the FMC database and the fixes on the global map. To get around this error, I go back to the navigation menu and insert the missing waypoints of the route I want to take between airport A and B.

Those 3 airports require hand modeling beacuse of their uniqueness. I am sure they will come once all the other bugs and kinks get ironed out.

I believe it doesn't even need hand modeling as this landscape can be brought and converted from Aerofly FS 4 to the mobile version. Converting terrain images from Aerofly on PC and bringing them to cell phones is the best option as it would save time and work for developers.

I've seen it and there were no interruptions and it was the same on the last flight:(

Another situation that may have occurred is the following: the Boeing 737-500 does not fly by RNAV but only by VOR and NDB. It is an aircraft of old design, incorporating almost none of the navigation that more modern aircraft use. As you selected an RNAV approach, your aircraft ended up leaving the route due to not having the appropriate instruments for this type of navigation. To resolve any doubts, I suggest you take this same route with the RNAV approach on the Boeing 777, 737-900ER, 787 or 747 as these are aircraft that can easily fly via RNAV. When your aircraft is on final approach, check whether it will leave the route just like the 737-500.

When I selected the RNAV approach procedure in the navigation menu and used vertical navigation for the final approach, the aircraft lost navigation in the last 1 nautical mile or so and went seriously off course. The previous flight was scheduled to land at Dubai Airport but veered to the left. This time, the plane veered to the right as it landed at Princess Juliana International Airport

You have to check if there are any discontinuities on your route. Because, if there is, your aircraft will no longer follow the route previously created in the navigation menu and will start flying aimlessly. Do you have any screenshots that show your complete route to Dubai? In the navigation menu you can see if there is any discontinuity in the route.

In these screenshots from the SkyVector website we see two route charts with several imaginary lines intersecting. They are blue high lanes (for flights above 24,500 feet) and black low lanes (for flights below 24,500 feet). Adding this feature to Aerofly would be great as a way to raise the level of realism. In addition, airways are also updated through Navigraph support.

I miss Navigraph support on the Aerofly because that way we would have updated airac. When the navigation data of a given simulator is out of date, an airac update is necessary, ensuring that the procedures (Sid, Star, Approach) and waypoints correspond to what is on the navigation charts. As there is no possibility of updating airac in Aerofly, the procedures end up not corresponding to the flight plans created in Simbrief and SkyVector. Another item that I miss about Aerofly are the high and low airways. In real life, traffic occurs along "roads" in the sky, which are called airways. Airways serve to separate one aircraft from another (avoiding collisions) and to organize airspace. When we create our flight plans, whether in Simbrief or SkyVector, we observe the existence of imaginary lines that are precisely the airways that are these "roads" where the aircraft fly.