Posts by Kennedy

We can say that the exact value of internal memory occupation during streaming execution is indeterminate (unless all 7 thousand airports are explored, then the memory occupation would be an exact value) as it depends on the size of the area explored by the user. For example, on a flight from A to B there is obviously a path to be taken and a scenario covering that path. And it is exactly this scenario on the route between A and B that is downloaded from the server and stored in internal memory. This type of streaming already exists in some mobile simulators, such as X-Plane and Infinite Flight. The X-Plane mobile, for example, has more than 35 thousand airports and they are downloaded only when requested or when they are present on a route from A to B. These more than 35 thousand airports are stored on a server. It is a simulator that also works only as long as there is an Internet connection. Despite this, there is an option in X-Plane mobile that allows the user to download the entire scenario in which they will fly, thus enabling flights to be carried out offline. This is an option that could exist in Aerofly FS Global to allow users to fly without the need for an Internet connection as the scenarios have been previously downloaded.

For those that have played Aerofly FS Global already, and have streaming, what's your app's storage at right now?

I'm curious how it compares to FS 2023's 27GB of storage.

As you progress through the Aerofly maps, scenarios are transmitted and downloaded from a server and stored in the device's internal memory. That's why your device's memory footprint has increased. This also happens to me and any user.

It was explained by the developers that the global mode only works via streaming, that is, an internet connection is necessary for the scenarios to be accessible. This was the alternative found to solve the problem of the enormous volume of data that involves more than 7,000 airports around the world. Imagine the chaos it would be like to have to download all that number of airports. No cell phone has enough memory to hold this gigantic volume of files.

I just bought the new Aerofly fs global version, it is wonderful, the new boeing 737 is by far the best plane of all the mobile simulators, it has wonderful textures, functional systems, delicious engine sounds... congratulations ipacs valio team worth the wait I love the global landscape, the new HD airports in New Zealand, Brazil, Dubai, Japan

I would love to suggest some new things, for example we now have global and it is necessary for the immersive experience when we take a flight, new airline designs for example, Iberia, eurowings, vueling, Spirit, frontier, rynair, Aeroméxico, Gol, jetblue, tuifly, norwegian, air europa, southwest, copa airlines etc. The sounds of the 737-900 are the best in the history of mobile simulators, I hope they add those real sounds to the legendary airplanes like the A320, 777, 747, etc. that will keep us flying day and night, a realistic sound is everything in a simulator more HD airports, I hope you add more airports with buildings, especially in Latin America, please, could you add new HD airports in each monthly update or every two months thank you for such excellent work ipacs team this new simulator is wonderful

I'm a fan of AeroMexico. This company's livery on the Aerofly would be fantastic. The other paintings you suggested would also look great on Aerofly planes.

exactly bro, the automatic tug always fails, it goes through structures and doesn't behave in a real way, I prefer manual that's how I direct it and it's fantastic

User-controlled pushback is actually much better. It only takes a few minutes of training to learn how to use the stroller.

What about people who travel frequently who want to fly to a few key places while they're airborne IRL and don't have wi-fi?

There is the problem of the large volume of data that involves thousands of airports spread across the world. No cell phone would have enough memory to hold all of this. It is something that has already been explained and clarified by the developers.

what are you taking about? The recoil is wonderful, it moves realistically, the truck has textures and engine sound... it is the best tow truck in any mobile simulator, why are you complaining? You should be grateful, there are people who are happy with nothing

I also think the pushback is pretty good the way it is. Of course, some will have difficulties and for that there is practice that will help users to correctly handle the pushback cart. The more we train, the more we learn about a certain thing. This is something important that users should note.

The manual tugboat is better, if you observe in other simulators the tugboat behaves irrationally and passes through structures... it has bad AI... that's why it's wonderful that it's manual and respecting streaming it's the best solution, those people who want airports all over the world offline, it is better to buy a PC... this is a mobile simulator, it is impossible to have hundreds of GB of information

I've been thinking better here and I have to agree with you. The pushback must continue to be manual so that it does not take away from the realism of the simulator. In fact, when the pushback moves alone it ends up crossing structures. I've seen this in other simulators and I didn't think it was cool.

I quite like the state that Aerofly FS Global is in right now. The Boeing 737-900ER NG is fantastic, and I love how the sounds make the plane feel so powerful. One thing I don't quite like is how you have to get the global scenery to fly with quality resolutions outside the West Coast. Even then when you get it, you need to have an internet connection to fly around with the buildings and ground. Along with having to be connected to an internet connection, the pushback feels a bit odd, and you have to choose between moving the plane manually which feels a bit off to me, or teleporting the plane directly to the runway, which takes away the realism from the game. Adding autopilot to the pushback system would be a nice small-release fix. Porting the scenery from Aerofly FS 2023 would be a nice addition, especially if you're playing without the internet, and would let changes along with more scenery be added to the game. I know the developers put a lot of time and effort into releasing the new version in a quick and timely manner, though I just hope this gets seen by the devs and gets worked on so that everyone can have fun with or without an internet connection no matter what.

Streaming is practically the only viable solution for dealing with the immense volume of data. Just imagine the chaos it would be if you had to download more than 7,000 airports around the world. No cell phone would have the memory to hold all of this. A cell phone is not a computer.

The cross country flights, local flights etc are to do with AI traffic. How many flights are long haul compared to short haul etc.
    Flight trace is AI aircraft info enabled or disabled.
    Advanced view movements were added ages ago, they allow the camera to move further than just from the seat to reach buttons across the flight deck.
    Landmarks point out areas in cities, displayed as white text above the area. E.g if enabled in LA area could be ‘Beverly Hills, LA International, Financial District’ that kinda stuff.

Thank you very much for the explanations.

I have some doubts. What are cross country flights, local flights, flight trace, advanced view movements and landmarks? Can anyone explain to me what these options that appear in the simulator settings menu are and what they are for?

I also want to know what the options shown in the screenshot below are for.

This bug never happened to me on the Aerofly FS 2023. Do you have a video showing this failure? My cell phone is equipped with an Android system.

also forgot about this bit but weight and balance on the concorde would be great, especially as it burns fuel like no other modern airliner. that would require it to be able to shut down though, and i dont think that's possible with the way IPACS built it.

It would be very interesting to have Concorde in cold and dark mode on Aerofly FS.

also forgot about this bit but weight and balance on the concorde would be great, especially as it burns fuel like no other modern airliner. that would require it to be able to shut down though, and i dont think that's possible with the way IPACS built it.

To date, I've only seen the Concorde in cold and dark mode in PC flight simulators. It seems to be very complex and laborious to put it in this mode because of its old configuration and its multiple systems. More modern aircraft have simplified systems, which facilitates the work of developers in producing.

Your suggestions are excellent. I hope they are put into practice by IPACS in the future. You mentioned something that is very important in a flight simulator, which are the weight and balance settings. We also hope to see these settings in future versions of Aerofly.

It is extremely laborious to develop an airplane from scratch considering the possibility that not everyone may like it. Among many requests for aircraft, developers analyze which is the most viable option and which will please a greater portion of Aerofly customers. If the number of people who like the plane is small, this could be a huge loss for the company given the immense amount of work and long time required to develop a plane like the MD-80. Therefore, such a project ends up not being viable from a financial point of view for the company.

Stop being boring and understand that you can't do too many things at once. All of this you're asking is surreal and developers can't do it all at once. Developers do what they can. The IPACS work has been very good so far and on schedule.