Posts by TacticalDonut

It seems like all of the posts here are rework/update/feature/bug posts so I hate to add to the mess, but this is something that I think would be in theory less work than adding a whole new aircraft and an update that would be greatly appreciated (which is of course not to say that I do not already greatly appreciate your work in making the best mobile flight simulator!).

Certainly, the 747 is one of the more–if not the most–iconic aircraft to ever fly. However, in-game it has some minor issues that prevent me from enjoying it to the fullest:

Interior

1. The A/P status on the PFD is represented incorrectly:
    2. The FPV button is missing:
    3. Multiple elements are very low-resolution, such as the A/P numbers (?):

4. The PA selector module has some attribution on it rather than an interactive display:
    5. Finally, the camera angle/zoom is rather awkward. Attempting to look at the overhead panel from default zoom gives you an extremely zoomed in view, to the point where one single panel takes up the whole screen. Attempting to look further back (for instance to interactive with the emergency lights) results in the camera flipping around and looking towards the flight deck door.

Exterior

1. This one’s pretty simple. The colors on the British Airways and Delta Airlines liveries are extremely desaturation/washed out. See the BA 747 paired with the BA 777 for reference:
    1. There is zero interior lighting. Flying this aircraft at night gives you a pitch black experience:

Other

1. The engines sound absolutely nothing like the 747. Hearing them without context I probably wouldn’t even know they were supposed to be plane sounds. They don’t seem to have been changed from AFS 2 Mobile.
    2. There are only two “passenger” views. Not an issue, but all of the older aircraft that haven’t been recently added or updated also only have two views.

Hello,

I created a ticket for this (which was closed) but seeing as my account was finally activated and there is an official bug tracker now, I thought I should make a separate thread to report these issues per the instructions in the bug tracker thread.

The first major issue I've found is that AFS 2023 runs in a lower resolution. It is probably running at about 75-80% of my device's native resolution and as such the interface, aircraft, game elements, scenery, etc., appears blurry and pixelated. Even the FPS counter is lower quality, so the issue is not simply with the textures. Speaking of textures, the A320's cockpit textures have been significantly downgraded in quality such that you cannot even make out the labels. The screenshots I took may be helpful, although I understand that it may be difficult to make out the difference. Enabling the frame limiter does not help.

I also noticed the following minor bugs, where items 1 and 2 are also present on AFS 2022:

1. When using the Time Skip option, the cruise altitude is reset to an arbitrary value, regardless of what was inputted into the FMS and in the Aerofly UI. For instance, after using the Time Skip feature on a flight, the cruise altitude changed from FL360 to FL390, and then increased by 1,000 with each subsequent use of the Time Skip feature up to FL440, at which point the aircraft began to stall. This reset the altitude in the FMS and Aerofly UI.
    2. The captain's altimeter dial on the B777 doesn't make any noise when it's turned. However, the dial on the backup attitude indicator and the F/O's dial emits sound.
    3. AFS 2023 no longer respects the Apple Silent Mode toggle/mute switch.
    4. The autoland systems on the A320 and B777 (and potentially others) now float the aircraft halfway down the runway and then slam it into the pavement.

Is anyone else encountering the resolution issue (or the other issues) or is it just me? Advice would be appreciated.

iPad Air (5th generation, 2022, WLAN only, 256GB)

iPadOS 16.2 (20C65)

Aerofly FS 2023 20.23.08

Aerofly FS 2022 20.22.17

A320 cockpit (2022)

A320 cockpit (2023)

FPS counter (2022)

FPS counter (2023)