Posts by MetallicaRulz81

Here's another example. I can enter the first 4 waypoints but all the VOR's I can't enter into the FMC. By the way, did y'all know with the 787-10 you can't cycle through the flight plan on the map? When you press the step button on the FMC it doesn't change anything on the map as it does in the Airbuses.

Again, I have all 8 regions downloaded on my iPad. The buildings and damn DO show up on my Andriod tablet; even though the Hoover Damn isn't lit up at night time like the previous versions. But then again I have to run the simulator at medium graphics and 80% pixel density just to stay around 20 frames per second. Maybe that's why the damn isn't lit up at night; even though the 2021 and 2022 show up on my tablet. Am I being too picky? As a huge fan of the Aerofly simulators, I was just expecting improvements, not to lose things that have been great in the previous years.

What I'm trying to convey is that on my iPad none of the Las Vegas buildings or Hoover Damn show up. And, again I have all 8 of the regions downloaded. Hopefully, this will be something that's fixed in an upcoming patch.

I would run the simulator exclusively on my Android tablet. However, at 20 frames per second, that's not something I'm willing to pay $15ish dollars for all the regions and airplanes.

I have that region downloaded along with all the other regions. Those buildings are not there. I’m using a sixth generation iPad running iOS 16.2. I haven’t tried my android out yet, but from what I’ve heard in the forums the android tablet should be fine. I can also use the Blackhawk helicopter with no problem on my android tablet, but I cannot use it at all on my iPad as the game crashes every single time I get into the helicopter.

That airport isn’t part of any downloadable region, which is why it’s probably not showing up. Please excuse my handwriting on the picture, but that circle is approximately where that Arnold Palmer KLBE airport is located. It’s a little bit east of Pittsburgh. In the real world that airport is located somewhere in between those two VOR signals. Those VOR signals do show up on the Aerofly map, but there’s no airport.

I’ll try my android tablet later today and see if the buildings show up. Right now after uninstalling and then reinstalling on my iPad as well as downloading all the regions again there are zero buildings in Las Vegas. The Hoover dam is there but it does not light up at night time like it has in previous years and it also doesn’t look the same. It looks smaller. Thank you all for your input. The previous years it was my iPad that had the better graphics now it looks like it might be reversed.

I just created a thread with something very similar. I used to love flying in the Las Vegas in the previous versions and seeing the Hoover dam, and the Las Vegas strip all lit up at night time with the real buildings and the real hotel names. Now there are no buildings, no Hoover dam, and I don’t get it. I use an iPad and android as well, and in the past the iPad was far superior in graphics and gameplay but now it seems flipped. I’m very disappointed with the launch of this new version.

I’m so disappointed. I still cannot use the new Blackhawk in my iPad with the latest iOS update. I just landed in Las Vegas for the first time with FS 2023 and none of the buildings on the strip are there or the Hoover dam. In the previous versions, I used to love flying into Las Vegas at night seeing the Hoover dam, all lit up and flying the ILS into runway 25 and just watching the lights of the strip pop into view and then see all the buildings lit up in all their glory. Those buildings and that damn have been in the simulator for years. I can’t explain the frustration and the disappointment I have for the price increase for less content than there has been in years before. Downloaded regions with fuzzy, unclear content, and generic buildings in some major cities. The simulator is super fun and I love playing it but come on more money for worse graphics and less content. I’m almost regretting purchasing this new version even though I’m really enjoying it. I understand. I am saying some things out of both sides of my mouth but I’m really torn about this new version.

I've tried both of these flight plans with the Boeing 747, 777 & 787 as well as the Airbus A320 & the A380. I get the same errors with all five airplanes. When entering the KMIA-KLAS flight plan I get the "FORMAT ERROR" message when trying to enter waypoints GPT, GGG, MAPCY & SAF. When entering the LEMD-EDDF flight plan I get the "FORMAT ERROR" message when trying to enter waypoints LCA & CAV. I built both of these flight plans in the navigation and then erased them so I could completely enter them into the FMC using waypoints from the Aerofly FS 2023 navigation maps. (By the way, I have every region purchased and downloaded on my IPad.) The "FORMAT ERROR" waypoints will upload to the FMCs for all five airplanes if I build the flight plan in the navigation screen and then get into the airplanes, regardless of cold & dark, start before engines on or ready for taxi. Very strange that some waypoints can be inputted with no problem and some can't. Regardless of whether the regions are downloadable or not. Attached are pics of the flight plans mentioned in this post.

Maybe you need to download the regions and or put the simulator on a higher graphic setting. I know some areas don't have any landmarks and some do like Las Vegas is great but New York City and Miami not so much. DC is okay but New York is missing the Statue of Liberty which is crazy.

So, I'm trying to enter a route completely using the FMC in the Boeing and the Airbus planes. All the waypoints I'm getting from the navigation page when I plan out the route so I know they are in the Aerofly directory. For some reason I can enter certain waypoints, but other waypoints that I got from the map says format error when entering them in. At first I thought it was because the waypoints were in regions that are not downloadable. So I tried entering a route from Madrid to Frankfurt where all the way points are from the downloadable regions. I still cannot enter all the waypoints that I wanted to connect the route. I don't believe I'm missing anything and I've done this plenty of times in X-Plane and other simulators. I'm very familiar with entering routes into the FMC, however I don't know what is going on with Aerofly. Maybe it's something on their end. It's frustrating it takes away some of the immersion of the simulator. One small correction that I just found out. It seems in the A380 there are some waypoints that can be entered into the FMC that cannot be placed into any other plane. Very weird.

I understand this is a mobile game and I’m not complaining about the graphics, I’m just curious. Why is it certain areas of the game look really really clean and crisp and other areas like Ireland and Scandinavia are real fuzzy?

You're probably right. I'm just trying to figure a way to see better at night time. What I've resorted to is cold and dark starting it in the daytime and then once everything is up and running then I switch to night time. I think the plane looks really cool at night but it's hard to see items inside the plane. I wish that plane was modeled a bit better on the interior for night time. Like a flashlight option or something.

i’ve been trying to use the panel lights on the Beechcraft baron B58 however the toggle switches do not seem to turn any lights on or off inside the cabin. I noticed this in Aerofly FS 2021 and 2022. Am I missing something, or are these switches just not modeled to where they actually operate any interior lights?

I've never been able to drag that triangle at all. Once I've descended enough and my speed is about 350kts I've found the best settings for me are to push the IAS HOLD on the right side of the autopilot panel and turn the auto throttle off. With those set, I just use the throttle to increase or decrease my verticle feet per minute.