Posts by Captain AE

Is this the final flight simulator?

Considering the name, it doesn't feel like a flight sim that will get a new app each year.

I am feeling that instead of a new app each year, this sim will get updated.

We already got the global scenery. Maybe charge about $2 extra and someday, we'll get multi player. New plane? Just add it for an extra 1$.

The revenue generated from the subscription should be able to reduce the need for a new flight sim each year.

After seeing a couple of shots of the sim on play store, I got my eyes on a particular one.

As we can see in the middle bottom of the cockpit, it has directional lighting that is only available on the PC version. So is this lighting coming to Aerofly Mobile anytime soon?

Earlier in mobile, the entire cockpit becomes dark or light instead of having shadows and lighting (Except baked in textures of night lights)

Also, a side question, Will there be night scenery and lights in the base game (Although I'll be buying the subscription is fairly priced)

So what does the devs think?

At this point many are willing for subscriptions for multiplayer.

(Although I think, could be wrong, that IPACS can make enough money per year per sim to handle servers for 1 year)

In short. I'm going to be very happy if they already launch the 737-900 ER, the 737 Max 9 and Pushback. But multiplayer is not necessary at this time, plus it would be very expensive to maintain the servers.

Multiplayer would be really fun to play though.

At this point, we are like 'Hey charge us money and subscriptions but please add those features which are present in almost every other flight sim'

Aerofly FS mobile is really good, but it still lacks multiplayer, rain, ground services like pushback and weight distribution.

Tbh I feel like the first officer option should be optional since it will disturb the view of many instruments.

However for this thread, can we get Tire smoke? I suppose it's easy to code?

Whenever the wheels touch down, smoke will emerge. The intensity of the smoke will depend on the hardness on the landing.

Are there any plans to add tire smoke? It'll add a much better realism to the sim and we can figure out when the plane has touched down while watching a landing replay at night. It seems kinda weird to see a plane touch down without any smoke.

It won't be graphic intensive too.

Also, on an unrelated topic, can the devs make planes a bit less shiny?

Real life planes aren't that shiny... It feels kinda unrealistic to see a glossy plane.

I think you don’t realize that 50k is nothing. They have to pay staff, devs, servers… in a whole year

I suppose that I have mentioned about the salaries in the OG post... I also mentioned that this is the minimum they get.

(And there is nothing stopping them from adding a subscription for multiplayer)

I also mentioned how many games somehow manage to give miltiplayer for Free (Battle Royale, Roblox, Stumble guys, etc.)

What is stopping IPACS from adding multiplayer?

They are getting a great income from the yearly flight sims and in game purchases (If each sim was 5 usd, and got 10k downloads, they would get 50k usd yearly, not counting the in game transactions and their PC version, although I do agree taxes and employee salary exists)

They can add a subscription as well for multiplayer (I would prefer a non renewing time restricted purchase like spotify tbh)

The only reason that would make sense would be the lack of technical knowledge of multiplayer servers by IPACS.

Still,I wonder how, many mobile games manage multiplayer rooms for Free while offering only tiny one time micro transactions (Not even necessary to purchase for multiplayer)

Even basic rain would be so good for the flight sim. We dont even want snow, just rain for now.

The only task that'll feel demanding will be that, when IPACS does things, they give it their 100%. I'm pretty sure they will try to simulate raindrops on the Windshield, which will take time and our FPS.

After the developers finish with the new 737 and the 3D building work,

Can we get a fake ATC (AI ATC)?

You can Basically use a speech bubble to interact and announce taxiing, takeoff, etc. Whatever you interact with, will be greeted with a textual response that gives you the permission to do it.

Bonus points if the ATC AI detects if another AI plane is in the path of your action and denies the request.

You can ask it for weather details (What you had set in the menu)