Posts by bormine enthusiast

We agree that needs to be improved but here is the catch:

Because the actual real world coastlines have infinite length and because even a rough estimation is in the millions of km this means even at rough 100m intervals we are talking about >16 million points. Even if someone would be able to manually create one point every second this would be a 24/7 task for 185 days straight without sleeping or in realistic terms 2.1 years without vacations.

So masking the water manually for the entire world is out of the question.

This leaves us with automatic solutions but as you can imagine we also do other things besides just water masks. We have looked into coastlines from OSM but they are also inconsistent at times which means the algorithm would need to handle a lot of edge cases and invalid data such as coastlines removing the land instead of the water, etc. So this requires more work that we thought and we paused it for now. We plan on continuing this at some point in the future.

Also even in areas with really bad coastlines in msfs, the water structure makes it look natural, the water in msfs isn't just a coloured surface and it does have a consistency and the coast lines look super natural

We agree that needs to be improved but here is the catch:

Because the actual real world coastlines have infinite length and because even a rough estimation is in the millions of km this means even at rough 100m intervals we are talking about >16 million points. Even if someone would be able to manually create one point every second this would be a 24/7 task for 185 days straight without sleeping or in realistic terms 2.1 years without vacations.

So masking the water manually for the entire world is out of the question.

This leaves us with automatic solutions but as you can imagine we also do other things besides just water masks. We have looked into coastlines from OSM but they are also inconsistent at times which means the algorithm would need to handle a lot of edge cases and invalid data such as coastlines removing the land instead of the water, etc. So this requires more work that we thought and we paused it for now. We plan on continuing this at some point in the future.

Can't you just create a coastline that's follows the pattern of the land a certain distance away, it may not be accurate but it'll certainly fix the issue for now until you can get proper data

Shouldn't we then aim for improving the A380 MFD instead of avoiding it? Just saying...

AFAIK the A350 MFD got experimental touch screens in the real world, so it would be more realistic even.

Does this mean you guys are prioritising airport maps? Or are you guys doing maps and aircraft’s? Because as a member that has played since 2018 I believe it’s almost the same sortve aircraft each year? And I’m glad that the new max planes have come out but would like to know if there is gonna be more airbus related commercial planes or even other commercial? It would be cool if we could maybe do a c17 globe master which is Boeing obviously ? But would be cool to see more commercial planes and what not I know it takes ages to develop but would be nice to see more craft. But apart from that I love the sim

You have to understand that, the Devs are responsible for literally everything in the game, little to no add-on Devs, so the workload is completely on them, unlike xplane and msfs

Ive also noticed some other areas are super low resolution like the low quality scenery from fs2023, the trees and buildings are superb but looking left you'll see a mess with bad lighting effects

Habe ich auch gesehen,aber ob das die Globale FS4 Version ist,oder die PC Version mit einem DLC??????

Sieht auf jeden fall besser aus, hoffe das Dubai in der PC Version auch bald so schön aussieht!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup::):):):)

Ich wünsche mir, da kommt noch was schönes auf uns zu.;):):):)

What's the performance difference between an 8g3 and an 8g2 is FS global, I know the 8g3 can run the 8g3 can run the game perfectly, but I have an 8g1 that can't even dream of running the game, and looking at some throttle tests, the 8g2 averages more than the 8g3, specifically oneplus 12r and 12, so I wonder, is there any driver difference between both socs and which would run fs global better ? Hope admin can answer

Jet-Pack (IPACS)
    February 16, 2024 at 4:48 PM

You added my joke 😄😄