Posts by orange//de mather

In this simulator, it is not just as simple as changing the weight. If the aircraft is too heavy or too light, it will cause the aircraft's thrust system to change, requiring the system to be reprogrammed.

Is this issue isolated to the Q400 or are other aircraft affected too on this particular runway?

Unfortunately I don't have full control over what the route spits out, so I can't debug this. It might be an airport elevation error, perhaps the designers entered a wrong elevation for the airport? Then it should be an issue in all aircraft.

I carefully observed the vertical profile of the aircraft with autothrottle. One mile corresponds to about 300 feet high, and the one shown in Figure 1 is much lower than 300 feet.

Is this issue isolated to the Q400 or are other aircraft affected too on this particular runway?

Unfortunately I don't have full control over what the route spits out, so I can't debug this. It might be an airport elevation error, perhaps the designers entered a wrong elevation for the airport? Then it should be an issue in all aircraft.

I feel it should be a problem with the aircraft, because the crj900 will also have this problem, and there are also aircraft with auto-throttle, but the chance is very small!:(

I would like to ask, when I sometimes fly the same route and turn on VNAV, why can an aircraft with autothrottle accurately guide the aircraft to land, but something like the Q400 cannot land well on the runway in the end?

Answer, I would like to ask is it because of modifying these codes that the resolution of the text on the cockpit display of aerofly has been significantly improved starting from 2022?

There is no introduction about crj vertical navigation in the official website,but I found that when I came to the TD point during the flight and used FMS as thenavigation source,when I lowered the altitude to the altitude of the landing airport,after pressing the APPR button,the screen VAPTH will appear, vnav should have been intercepted at this time,and then the aircraft will automatically control the pitch angle!But I don't understand why the vnav cannot be intercepted sometimes when the aircraft is on the correct vertical profile?

When the aircraft is in a vertical profile, sometimes the vnav can intercept at around 40nm, sometimes at 25nm, or 15nm, or sometimes there is no response at all. I don't understand what is wrong! :(

There is no introduction about crj vertical navigation in the official website,but I found that when I came to the TD point during the flight and used FMS as thenavigation source,when I lowered the altitude to the altitude of the landing airport,after pressing the APPR button,the screen VAPTH will appear, vnav should have been intercepted at this time,and then the aircraft will automatically control the pitch angle!But I don't understand why the vnav cannot be intercepted sometimes when the aircraft is on the correct vertical profile?