Posts by Alagondar

Hi

I just bought a steam deck oled and in the process of downloading everything. If I start up fs4 I don't need to configure the controls and just start using it? The download takes about 6 hours with a speed of 90 Mb. Also the simulator indicates which deck controls to use?

Thank you for developing this wonderfull simulator.

I hope everyone will have a good and healthful new year:thumbup::D.

Today I used my vr headset, the meta quest 2 and I was mildly impressed. Sitting in the cockpit and interacting with all the controls... very nice. But it was a bit fuzzy as if I needed new glasses, so I went to the vr settings. The developers recommend that you don't adjust the 2 top settings. But I took the chance and started adjusting the 2nd setting. The default value is 1.00 and changed it to 1.50. The results were immediate. It was as if the mist cleared up, I could clearly see all the numbers on the PFD. In the end I changed it to 2.0 and now I am very happy.:love:.

Vr is the way to go. But I need to mention that I have a reasonably fast videocard: RTX4070. Also my pc is still quiet powerfull. What I want to say is: with my pc these settings work fantastic, no stuttering and such. I can really recommend a vr headset.

Have a nice flight,

Marc

Looks detailed, I assume that you have a procedure to remove the clouds in the images? The posts of Chris and me have been moved elsewhere. This forum subject is getting technical. Perhaps there is a forum specifically for developers of FS4? I don't consider myself to be a developer, it's just an idea.

Hi

It seems that a couple of posts have been deleted from Christophe and me. Anyway, Schnuffel, I use a program of Chris to create the photoscenery and geoconvert is a tool used by that program. The results are very good. I fly mainly in the USA and the caribbean. I am sure you create fine scenery and when you decide to do the Caribbean I will be the first to use it. Have a good new year.

Marc

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a nice christmas. Ok, I want to create photorealistic scenery for my birthcountry Suriname. The quality of the streamed tiles is horrible. So I found a youtube video where a man explained how he used aeroscenery in combination with sdk tools for fs2 to create scenery for fs4. It seemed to work. Now when I try to download the mentioned sdk from SDK Tools I get a 404 not found error. It seems that all downloads for fs2 have been deleted or gone. I just need 1 tool from the sdk: geoconvert. If anyone can give me access to either the sdk or geoconvert I would be very gratefull.

Thank you,

Marc