fiddlinjim Beginner

• Member since Dec 1st 2017
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • I just looked at his settings and from reading the previous pages of this post, it appears he and others may have a similar jerkiness.
    I will try the washout settings when I get home, as I haven't used washout to date.
    What exactly is washout and what does it do?
    I also fly DCS 2.1 Openalpha and Ciliffs of Dover with the 2DOF simulator and they have the same jerkiness so it is the simulator balance and/or simtools software or a mix of both. I have completed a UTIL test suggested by Igor Demenchuk of both motors with a sine wave input and they are fairly smooth except when changing direction (caused by gear slop) as discussed in my earlier post.
    Let's keep comunicating as we may be able to find a mutual solution to the jerkiness.
    Thanks,
    Jim

• Hi. I've done similar tests with Igor and even done a diagnostic output of the data going to the platform as I wanted to know if it was SimTools or Arduino/motors.

https://www.xsimulator.net/com…eality.10541/#post-136611

Zed seemed to suggest he found it smooth. Where did you see him acknowledge jerkiness?

See this for washout:
      https://www.xsimulator.net/com…n.9096/page-6#post-135790

• By the way how do you like DCS 2.1 in VR ? I tried Steam DCS and was disappointed by the VR fuzziness, but I'm interested in doing some multiplayer and FS2 is a long way off that. Some multiplayer aerobatics would be amazing!

• Phil,
      Thanks for the two X-simulator posts, I will use info on my 2DOF.
      I don't have any problems with DCS 2.1 - VR. It looks good and not fuzzy but I purchased directly from DCs and did not use Steam. I have a new rig (i7-7700K, Liquid Cooled,32 GB, 1080TI, 1GB SSD, 4GB HDD,T/M Warthog Hotas, Saitek Rudders) and the Ocuclus CV1 gives a good VR picture. DCS has extensive single player missions and multiplayer sites with many players, using both modern jets or WWII fighters and some of them are really good aerobatic combat flyers.
      My favorite flight sim for real VR eye candy is IL2-Battle of Stalingrad with the Battle of Kuban. Battle of Kuban has hands down the very best terrain visuals of all the flight sims, FS-2 is OK but can't compare. Multiplayer and single player combat is available for all the IL2 versions, Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow and Battle of Kuban. The only objections to the IL2 series is that it doesn't support a motion simulator and all flight controls are executed with the joystick and the planes are WWII models. However, it has waves with whitecaps on the ocean, realistic looking forested mountains with stone cliffs and snow caps, flowing rivers, ships with AA that will shoot you down in a flash if get too close, tanks, trains, and trucks to kill and of course aerobatic combat with AI and multiplayer opponents.
      Either DCS of IL2 is very enjoyable and I fly both. Cliffs of Dover is a WWII flight sim and supports a motion simulator but doesn't support VR at this time.
      Jim

• Have you seen Zed's post with config settings?

https://www.xsimulator.net/com…n.9096/page-8#post-145350

Different platform but still a similar design I think and he's very happy with how his feels. I'll post mine too, but to be honest I'm not completely happy with my setup, and I think the culprit is the washout functionality.

• Phil
      I just looked at his settings and from reading the previous pages of this post, it appears he and others may have a similar jerkiness.
      I will try the washout settings when I get home, as I haven't used washout to date.
      What exactly is washout and what does it do?
      I also fly DCS 2.1 Openalpha and Ciliffs of Dover with the 2DOF simulator and they have the same jerkiness so it is the simulator balance and/or simtools software or a mix of both. I have completed a UTIL test suggested by Igor Demenchuk of both motors with a sine wave input and they are fairly smooth except when changing direction (caused by gear slop) as discussed in my earlier post.
      Let's keep comunicating as we may be able to find a mutual solution to the jerkiness.
      Thanks,
      Jim