The Junkers Ju-52 is an old airliner with three engines (Ju-52/3m) with the German nickname Tante Ju. She was developed from 1932 onwards and was already brought into regular service by Deutsche Luft Hansa in May 1932 and was used primarily in Europe and South America. One characteristic of many Junkers aircraft is the corrugated sheet metal planking. The patented Junkers double wing enabled takeoffs and landings on short runways.
The Ju-52 required three pilots to be flown and wasn’t as comfortable for passengers as todays airliners, one of the reasons being the taildragger configuration with a slanted floor during boarding. Flight controls are mechanical using cables and pullies and throttle levers are also linked directly to the engines but also to the wheel brakes when pulled aft.