Dear Aerofly FS 4 fans,
We wish you an early Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
As a present for you and to wrap up 2023 we added Pushback to Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator!
Activating the Pushback
With this update Pushback will be available for our airliners. Any time the aircraft is stopped on the ground pushback can be activated either using an assignable shortcut or using the screen overlay which can be activated in the settings. The default assignment to activate the pushback is 'Shift + P', however, if you already have Aerofly FS 4 installed then you will need to manually set this assignment in the controls menu in the general/simulation category, Pushback toggle.
Pushback is also available from the location menu. When you select one of the new aircraft parking positions or stands with a pushback icon then the tug will automatically be connected at the start of the simulation. You'll have the option to select between "Push with engines running" and "Push and start" with engines off. Even when there is no pushback icon shown in the location menu you can still activate pushback with the shortcut or menu overlay button if you have an airliner selected.
Controlling the Pushback
To control the pushback tug we use your assignment for throttle and rudder/nose-wheel tiller input. You have manual control of the tug. The throttle increases the pushback speed and with idle throttle the tug stops. Using your rudder input (or tiller if assigned) the tug steers into position automatically so that your input directly correspond to a turning your aircraft just as if there was no pushback and you were rolling backwards.
There are even new camera views inside the pushback cabin and on the outside of the vehicle.
We have published a tutorial for the Pushback on our website:
Changelog Version 4.03.03.01 (20231218)
- Added Pushback available for airliners on the ground anytime the aircraft is stopped
- Changed location menu to display aircraft parking positions with pushback
- Fixed location menu repositioning to a cruise position now sets the correct speed below 10,000ft
- Improvements to missions menus
- Added user made custom missions are loaded from the user documents directory, Aerofly FS 4/missions/custom_missions_user.tmc file
- Improvements to several airports around the world
- Added multiple different repaints for several aircraft, e.g. A320, C172, F/A-18C, Q400 and others
- Added B747, B777, B787 CDU messages like: DRAG REQUIRED, etc.
- Changed B7x7 CDU: improvements to preflight init pages: flight number, cruise wind and transition altitude and transition level can now be changed.
- Added C172 3D directional sounds
- Improvements to F/A-18C model, textures and repaints
- Fixed B787 first-officer yoke now works correctly with virtual hands
- Fixed B737NG overhead panel illumination and navigation display range selection
- Fixed Concorde overhead panel is interactive in dedicated overhead panel view
- Fixed Ju-52 ADF off-scale, B787 fan rotation direction, LJ45 and Q400 altitude alert beep volume reduced