Terrain elevation resolution

• Hi everybody:

sorry if this subject has been already or elsewhere addressed. Is there any plan to increase the mesh resolution of the terrain elevation, maybe via the geoconverter tool? I'm asking since I found that this tool is a simple and very effective way to produce perfect sceneries speaking of (ortho)photos as those generated with FSET but - working and living in the middle of Alps as in my case - the elevation model would really need at least a doubled resolution (if not an even better one).

Thanks, greetings everyone!

stefano :)

Edited once, last by stefanoss (September 15, 2017 at 11:41 AM).

• Hi Stefano and welcome to out forum.

This has indeed been discussed a few times already but to answer you directly, yes, presenting a higher mesh resolution is going to be looked at and possibly done. There are a couple other items in the frying pan at the moment but it will be addressed.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks Jeff! Great if and when this issue will be addressed: my Dolomiti mountain area is basically ready, just waiting for a more detailed elevation mesh ... I will post some images soon.

Regards,

stefano