ILS freq disappears from flightplan

• A320: I have a simple flightplan from Geneva to Zurich (RWY 34). Everything is fine when I fly it for the first time. However when I want to fly it again from Geneva later after a shutdown of AF FS4 or when i move the aircraft on the location page too far away from the airport in order to fly the approach again it does not find anymore the ILS signal of rwy 34. This is also visible on the RAD NAV page where the ILS information is empty.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• If I fly the same rout again, autotune does not work. The same if I move the airplane in the location page e.g. along the route away from the airport in order to land again.

Regarding your questions

1. Flight phase in MCDU page

2. I can manually enter the ILS freq and the signal returns.

3. If I delete the manual entry again the signal does not return (no autotune).

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• No, I did not. I thougt the autotune will do it and it also did it the first time I flew the route but not for further flights of the same route.

But autotune can be activated also without an approach. For this I just opened the navigation page and changed quickly the RWY (eg. 32) and then back to the initial one (34) and autotune worked again without an approach.

However it seems that an approach needs to be chosen to avoid these autotune problems. Thanks for your help, Jan.

Regards,

Thomas

• The assistance for auto tuning would tune a frequency for you in this case because it tunes nearby ILS regardless of the route (unless you have an ILS approach in the route then it tunes that). The FMS receives the frequency from the route and does not tune nearby ILS signals. So if the route does not have an ILS approach there is not auto tuning by the FMS, only by the assistance which acts like a copilot manually inserting the frequency on the RAD/NAV page.