Posts by Jet-Pack (IPACS)

This could be related to the gear issue that is already fixed in the latest beta versions. Please be patient until this update is rolled out to the release versions.

The performance of the game is not affected by the number of aircraft.

Removing only the small airplanes would reduce the app size by only around 200 MB.

Adding new aircraft takes a lot of time because we want to feature a high level of simulation depth and realism.

Unfortunately there is no such setting in the aerofly RC because most users fly with their radio transmitter connected to the sim and these controllers already have their own trim switches.

Which aircraft are you flying that needs a lot of or too much trim in your opinion?

Dear Android Fans,

We've published a new Aerofly FS 2022 update this time for the Android version.

This update includes everything the iOS version already had

• US airports CA, NV, AZ, UT, CO available as in-app purchase
    • Updated Region Central Europe (Part 1 of 2)
    • Changes to the fixed camera view behind the aircraft
    • ADF receiver frequency reception range increased above 0.5 kHz
    • Navigation menu shows NDB frequencies with one decimal place
    • B747 gear retraction works properly again
    • B787 landing gear tilt works again
    • B777 and B787 increased thrust at high altitude
    • B777 and B787 airfoil parameters adjusted to reduce pitch angle at high altitude
    • B777 wing bending slightly increased
    • B787 external engine volume decreased, cockpit engine volume increased
    • Q400 autopilot vertical wheel clickspot positioned correctly
    • CRJ900 pushing CRS1 or 2 SYNC buttons sets selected course direct to station

But now there have been a few new changes that have been added to the Android version first

• Tower view follows aircraft again
    • All turbofan and turboprop engines are now fully stopped in cold and dark and their sound is off as well.
    • Turbofan and turboprop engine starts and the behavior of some engines have changed slightly
    • B787 engine start no longer triggers temporary AC BUS low voltage
    • B787 CDU has higher contrast and better screen resolution which makes it easier to read the text
    • A380 batteries are getting recharged extending the flight time on instruments beyond just one hour
    • B777 and B787 EICAS cancel/recall function added
    • B777 new ENG SHUTDOWN and TCAS OFF cautions on EICAS shown
    • Several aircraft's master cautions no longer trigger when aircraft initialized in before engine start state

Yes, like in the real aircraft you need to go to F-PLN, then select the next waypoint or PPOS with one of the left line select keys, then type your destination icao and insert it into the NEXT DEST field on the right.

Dear ipacs

I have issues while downloading both of US region and i have enough space for them

You only have 6.1 GB remaining of which about 4GB need to stay free for the operating system to work (iOS). When the storage drops below that threshold iOS might just stop the download automatically and that's why it fails to continue. So realistically you only have 2.1 GB left which is below the recommended 4GB per region needed. If you can offload some photos to your computer or to a cloud you can probably download the regions successfully.

Ok I found a chart in the manuals, the descent rate is affected by pressure altitude, airspeed or mach flown and of course weight as expected. That's why descent rate is not a good measure for idle glide performance. The higher up you are the greater the true airspeed and thus the greater the descent rate for the exact same glide ratio. Also even though the maximum glide ratio is almost the same you glide better at speeds higher than the speed for max L/D if the aircraft is heavier. That weight difference is significant, at FL200 at 290 KIAS you may have 2100ft/min if the aircraft is empty but only 1600 if the aircraft is heavy.

From a 787-8 FCOM:

For our current weight of 488000 lbs at 290 KIAS - roughly 334 KTAS, passing through 10000ft on the descent the descent rate should be 1500 ft/min with a pitch angle of around zero degrees. That's a glide ratio of 1:22.5 or 3.7 NM per 1000ft. I've increased the parasitic drag and our 787-10 now it does exactly that.

For reference: At 20k at 290 KIAS (386 KTAS) the descent rate is stated as 1600 to 1700ft/min. That's 1:23 idle glide ratio or 3.78 NM per 1000ft.

And while we're at it:

777 FCOM, for 550000 lbs:

at 270 KIAS (311 KTAS), 10k: -1400ft/min -> 1:22.5 idle glide ratio or around 3.7 NM per 1000ft

at 270 KIAS (359 KTAS), 20k: -1600ft/min -> 1:22.7 idle glide ratio or around 3.7 NM per 1000ft as well

Overloaded you assume a 3 miles per 1000ft glide ratio that is about 3 degrees or a glide ratio of 1:18 if I'm not mistaken. I think our current 787 is closer to 1:22 then it's 3.6 NM per 1000ft.

If we use your airspeed of 300 KIAS assuming 420 KTAS and 2800 ft/min, that's 220m/s and 14.2m/s that's only 1:15.

And if we use 240 KIAS assuming 290 KTAS and 1500ft/min that yields 1:20.

So either the engines produce a significant airbrake at idle or the 787 is not nearly as slippery as I thought it was. Before jumping to conclusions I'll check if I can find some fuel planning manuals for the 787, they usually have a descent planning section.

Defragmentieren auf SSDs reduziert im Grunde nur die Lebensdauer. Es wird dadurch nicht merklich schneller da die Daten sowieso nicht in großen Segmenten gespeichert werden wie bei einer HDD sondern in Bruchstücken. Auch dadurch werden SSDs erst schnell, da mehrere Blöcke gleichzeitig aus unterschiedlichen Ecken geladen oder geschrieben werden können.

The 787 glide ratio is now much higher than previously. It's now somewhere in the mid twenties which I think is still pretty realistic. The vertical speed values vs. indicated airspeed are not constant which makes it difficult to compare. We need TAS and true rate of descent plus true airspeed trend. It would be easier to know the distance flown over height lost or the actual level altitude deceleration rate (x knots per NM).

For the A320 I was able to reverse engineer the glide ratio used in the default descent planning tables. Was about 1:19.

The 787 should be much more slippery though, the glide ratio has to be quite high for efficient cruise.

It comes down to availability of data. In the US the aerial images are available for free were as in Europe the images cost a lot of money per square meter if you want them at high resolution.

3D cities in the US regions are based on custom 3d models and we're working on different methods right now that allow us to cover a larger area. That feature is not yet ready though.