Posts by Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Hello! Good morning Jet-pack, I would like in the not too distant future some other classic plane like a DC-3, Convair 440, C-46 or a Noratlas in AFS4 would be Great

That's a great list of aircraft but unfortunately we cannot make every airplane on the planet. Those would be great third party add-on aircraft or user made aircraft!

New Teaser is now online - showing the stunning new Bf109e WWII fighter.

Here's a new teaser for you guys:

I know but couldn’t we just get the new screens and new liveries of the 737? Because it’s easier for them to build it and I think they don’t have to pay licenses if they just add a few new features but I am not sure…

The 737 max has a lot more changes than just screens... And we don't even have the NG so you need to compare the oldest to the newest generation. So new wing, longer fuselage, a lot of new cockpit instruments, new gear, etc.

for example, the crop that we have done with the nabeel tool, house, buildings, trees, 3D objects, etc. which we have already incorporated into afs2

All of the default high resolution flying region will also have cultivation coverage, so you won't need your previous cultivation for the most part. Once Aerofly FS 4 is released we're planning to release example text files for the new cultivation file format so that developers for these external tools may update their software to support the new Aerofly FS 4 format and the smaller cultivation tiles.

Good morning Jet-pack, It means that we can fly anywhere in the world and we will see each country without having to create the images ???, we only have to create the crop ???

You can fly around the world, there is nothing stopping you. The global images have a lower resolution, otherwise the download size would be measured in Terabytes. Using the SDK users can also add higher resolution images just like in Aerofly FS 2.

Aerofly FS 4 base package scenery (as of right now) is the same area as Aerofly FS 2 with all US DLCs: DLC Utah + DLC Colorado + DLC North Eastern US + DLC Florida; with the addition of the newly added Oregon and Washington States. More areas can be added to the base region later on. Europe DLC is for free and the entire planet has base aerial images, elevation and navigation data.

There are external storage devices with USB 3.2 Gen2 which are insanely fast. Loading times might be a bit longer than an SSD on the motherboard but they should still do the job. And thanks to the background loading you won't notice a frame rate difference during flight.

For example Samsung portable SSD T5 with 1TB

I just ran a small test with that external SSD:

Launching Aerofly FS 4 from desktop to flying in the sim at LAX took about 12 seconds, about same as from my internal SSD.

Just make sure your laptop does support that new USB type 3 before you buy one obviously.

I hate to say it, but it does seem quite underwhelming with all the time they used. However I am still interested in the sim. I see it moving along nicely at a (slow pace). Hopefully we will be surprised.

Compared to the first released version of Aerofly FS 2 there are a ton of new features and aircraft, airports and scenery have gotten a whole lot more complex. Don't forget that a lot of updates have been added to Aerofly FS 2 over the years.

I also follow the FBW A320 development updates (still have not installed this mod though) and a lot of the things they mention that they added to the FBW A320 are already implemented in the Aerofly FS 2 A320. For example the fly by wire protections, realistic autopilot, etc. So there are areas where the Aerofly FS A320 still exceeds the freeware FBW mod but both products are still being worked on so I wouldn't want to make any list of what features are better in this or that.

I also haven't tested the Fenix A320 simulation. It's difficult to compare an add-on that is the price of our entire simulator. Our A320 is just one of many great aircraft in Aerofly FS 2, though probably the most detailed. Obviously can't dedicate the same amount of development time for a single aircraft as add-on developers...

What I like about our A320 is that you don't need to start any third party software first, no external update software or tools to assign joysticks, it just works of the box like any other Aerofly aircraft.

I'm not sure how it will be split up so it might be necessary to download both parts if you want coverage in all areas. It could be that there is a dividing line and only one half is installed if you only have one. But this is not yet final and subject to change.

We've published the first video trailer for Aerofly FS 4 on Steam showing our new night lighting, traffic and the new cultivation in action.

Head over to the Steam Store to see the new trailer:

Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator on Steam
    Fly complex airliners, helicopters, jets, gliders, historical and aerobatic aircraft across the photorealistic world of Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator! Pick…
    store.steampowered.com

We've published the first video trailer for Aerofly FS 4 on Steam showing our new night lighting, traffic and the new cultivation in action.

Head over to the Steam Store to see the new trailer:

Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator on Steam
    Fly complex airliners, helicopters, jets, gliders, historical and aerobatic aircraft across the photorealistic world of Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator! Pick…
    store.steampowered.com

I tried this and it brings RPM into the governed range on the ground but as soon as you pull collective the rotor RPM droops again as if the governor is not actually governing and you have a manual throttle. Does it hold in the green throughout the collective range for you?

Yes it does. Did you set the governor switch on after starting the engine?

Per default, with no throttle assigned and only collective lever assigned, starting on the runway or helipad ready for takeoff it works great for me. Maybe the manual throttle input causes issues? But as far as I know it should be overwritten by the governor.