Posts by Jet-Pack (IPACS)

To turn off the autobrake you can also just tap the brake button... Or retract airbrakes. Or move throttle forwards quickly and then back.

I'll forward these issues to the developers, maybe we can make the mouse wheel zoom optional or make it so you can hit things easier even when you don't point at them directly.

Hallo Hermann, das ist eine gute Idee, vielleicht können wir das einbauen. Würde es reichen wenn der Werfer einfach nach zwei oder drei Sekunden wirft und der Windenstart einfach ähnlich schnell los geht?

Hi Pete,

Ah, yes, in the real world jets you have to push a button on the stick to activate the full steering range. We simulate this button being pushed below 20 knots. This was indeed added to FS 2021 and was not present in FS 2020. So now you can actually taxi realistically and previously you could not make tight turns at all, because the nose wheel steering was limited to about 8 degrees.

Drive over it for example and then rotate the camera to see if the wheels are staying on your runway, if they fall through or if they get raised up with what ever clips through. I'm guessing you did not yet add a terrain mesh around the airport that has the vertex weights set up?

If you have a custom mesh with vertex weights then the default terrain is pushed down so that it doesn't clip through your runway.

Can you please describe in more detail what you want to do? There is no hot-key to toggle the on-screen touch interface because it automatically shows up when there is no controller connected. If you have a controller connected then there is no need for the interface anymore.

Do you normally fly just with the on-screen touch interface and only want to hide that interface for when you are recording a video?

Because the interface can already fade out and be fully transparent during the flight, which could be what you are looking for.

In the main config simply change <[bool][fade_controls][false]> to true.

Thank you for clarifying this.

Is there any reason why they elected to place the feature in settings however haven't activated it's use yet?

It's nice to have a throttle cut when participating in online groups. You can take a break reducing the noise to others until you resume flying.

The function can be used by third party developers and is available for legacy support as far as I know.

I wouldn't call it a weather API :)

You can change the visibility on the fly but clouds can only be set through the menu or main config.

Dynamically placing an object would be a nightmare for the performance I think. But you can use animations to move stuff around. I'm not sure what you want to change dynamically that you could not do by just switching locations for example.

Creating different scenarios sounds like you want to create some sort of mission selection?

I'm not familiar with what messages Aerofly actually accepts from the outside. The current interface is designed to broadcast information out to applications like external moving maps. The value sent through Simulation.Time cannot be changed because it is the fundamental run time of the sim. So it's basically read-only and just a broadcast value, don't expect it to be received when you send it back. I'm not sure if you actually can change the time of day to a specific value from a DLL, please enlighten me what you want to do with that?

The key command for changing time incrementally has the message Simulation.TimeChange as far as I know, It's saved as <[string8][FunctionID][TimeChange]> in the gc-map.mcf file in the user documents.