Need option to turn VR hands off, FS2/FS4

• I know that being able to simply turn VR hands off has been requested often in the past for both FS2 and FS4. The previous solution for me with Oculus Touch controllers has to be either to hide the controllers before starting the sim, or to place them off to the side out of my main view. Unfortunately this no longer works. If I put them off to the side they jump back to center within about 30 seconds. Even if I move them out to the side again they jump back to center about 30 seconds later. I have the hands at the highest transparency but they still bother me and still hide some cockpit instruments/switches. If I hide them in a drawer next to me before starting up they still show up for a while, then seem to disappear. but eventually pop up again in different places again. If I power off my touch controllers I get an Oculus error message.

In any case, this is a bit of a pain so I think the simplest solution to to either be able to turn VR hands off, or at least make them invisible. Maybe there are things in the main.mcf file we can edit to do this? Thanks in advance for any solutions.

I should also add that this is not a problem with my Vive Pro headset with Index controllers. This is because these can be easily turned off and SteamVR does not complain. /////////still, it would be nice not to have to turn them off all the time.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Did you find a solution to this? I often don't need to use the had controllers as I've enough hardware, the hands tend to appear in my neck to strangle me...

No, not really. Seems to be an Oculus/Meta thing, or maybe Aerofly since it also happens with RC8/9 (although it also happens now with X Plane 11/12).

One workaround I've found that seems to at least stop my Quest 3 controllers popping up right in front of me is to run both Aerofly fs2 and fs4 through SteamVR instead of through Oculus. This is a little harder on resources, but not too bad with my high end PC (i913900k/rtx4090).

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro