DX7 Gen2 Spektrum connection

• I have IkarusUSB Interface. Using the 3.5mm/2.5mm cord my DX5e connected immediately. Trying to connect my DX7 Spectrum in same manner fails. I can't believe I need any further adapters because both Spektrum transmitters have identical trainer plug sizes and hardware configurations. I've tried setting up a new model in DX7 both enabling trainer and inhibiting trainer settings. I've tried the supplied patch cable mean't for PPM receivers. anyone have a DX7 Gen2 that is configured for RC7?? How did you get it to work?

• Create a new blank model in the transmitter. Name it "Simulator" or whatever you want.

While in the system menu, go to "trainer" and select "Wired Trainer". Once there select "Slave".

Save these settings.

Now TURN OFF the transmitter, and plug the cord in and try again. It should now work.

Remember you MUST leave the transmitter OFF.

• Create a new blank model in the transmitter. Name it "Simulator" or whatever you want.

While in the system menu, go to "trainer" and select "Wired Trainer". Once there select "Slave".

Save these settings.

Now TURN OFF the transmitter, and plug the cord in and try again. It should now work.

Remember you MUST leave the transmitter OFF.

THANKYOU. will try this!!!!

• I am running Aerofly RC7 on my Macbook Pro laptop (version OS X Yosemite) and I have the same Ikarus USB interface as described above but still no luck getting the simulator to see my Spektrum DX8 controller. Any ideas? I have tried putting the controller in trainer Slave mode with a new model named simulator and leaving it turned off. It turns on anyways as soon as I plug the cord into the back of it. Any help is very much appreciated!